Moparts

Original Factory Lightweights

Posted By: proshiftcharger

Original Factory Lightweights - 08/18/09 12:51 AM

Just Curious...
How many were built....
and how many are left and still running competitively or exhibition?

Doug
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/18/09 07:27 AM

Posted By: Frito

Re: Original Factory Lightweights - 08/18/09 10:03 AM

Only 2 orginal 68's in last years Hemi Challenge at Indy. Chuck Commella's Dart and Jim Keyes in his Cuda.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Original Factory Lightweights - 08/18/09 12:58 PM

Doug, here is a list of the original lightweight A990 65 Dodge owners....

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/65dodgesuperstockowners.html

And the Plymouths....

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/65plysuperstockowners.html
Posted By: hemiheadNC

Re: Original Factory Lightweights - 08/18/09 07:35 PM

...a correction to the Dodge list...the Argyle Canadian Highlander was the original THUNDER II Coronet owned new by Jim Almeter, Neil Marzolf and Don Townsend. It was sold new at Greco Sales and Service in Darien Center, NY. The Guys were from the Darien and Attica area. They ran the car in 65 and 66, maybe part of 67 before it went to Ontario and became the Highlander. The Coronet was seen at the Hemi Reunion last year and I believe at York this year as Thunder II. WOWSER !!!!!! SUUUUUUNNNNDDDAAAAAAAYYYYY NIIIAAAGARRRRRAAAA......!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: Original Factory Lightweights - 08/19/09 02:58 AM

Frito, Im sorry, I should have been more specific.
Years 64-65 Light weight Super Stockers.

Steve,
Thats quite an impressive list, much more than I expected. I saw a credit to you for compiling the list too.
You got a pm.
Doug
Posted By: Frito

Re: Original Factory Lightweights - 08/19/09 02:13 PM

Jim Shield's books are the best and most detailed out there. I am looking into these cars myself. The people who knew about them, bought and raced them are sadly becoming fewer in number fast. Here is an orginal that was purchased from Vernon Rowley in the 70's. It was running as a 4 speed here at Bristol but was an auto orginally. Bob Marshall in the back ground and Roger England's 70 Cuda in front. The last I knew Steve Fox had it.

Attached picture 5427078-64hemi.jpg
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: Original Factory Lightweights - 08/19/09 03:33 PM

My buddys uncle had one here in the late 70s. It was a record holder 64 plymouth. Started out in west coast (seattle?) then here, and now from what I understand, on the canadian east coast. He'd sure like to find out who has it now.
Posted By: maxwedgewagonfan

Re: Original Factory Lightweights - 08/19/09 03:33 PM

Not to threadjack but..

anybody know of a 1963 Plymouth wagon with an aluminum front end? It was cranberry in color back in the 70's in Cincinnati. Owned by a guy named Steve Slattery.

I dont know any of the pedigree
© 2024 Moparts Forums