Moparts

How did this happen??

Posted By: carolinacuda

How did this happen?? - 08/17/09 05:12 PM

Just had the strangest thing happen. I noticed my car wasnt running smooth. I pulled the valve cover and notice a broken cup on the end of my pushrod (#1 cyl). Luckily I got the old pieces out and i had another pushrod. This was one of the indy's heavy duty ones. Never had this happen before. I got it back running but now im all paranoid something else goin to break. A while ago I had one of Indy's roller rockers lose a wheel and it bounced around for a few minutes before i realized it, luckily that didnt cause damage either. (another one of those freak things)If its goin to happen it will happen to me!! Oh well just venting. The only thing I can figure is when the wheel came off that rocker maybe it damaged this pushrod end and i didnt notice it then.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/17/09 05:18 PM

Ive had a couple pushrods break the cup off the top over the years. next ones are going to be made by smith Brothers!
Posted By: BobR

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/17/09 05:31 PM

Was it burned?
Posted By: carolinacuda

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/17/09 08:33 PM

No. Everything else appears to be ok but ya never know with my luck.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/17/09 09:50 PM

Look for something plugging the oil hole in the rocker. This is what oils your pushrod.
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/17/09 10:03 PM

Not enough adjuster through the rocker or not enough clearance between the bttom side of the rocker and the PR cup so that the cup contacts the bottom side of the rocker at some point.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/17/09 10:52 PM

Them pushrods are junk,get something else and all will be good.Trust me.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/18/09 02:36 AM

Quote:

Not enough adjuster through the rocker or not enough clearance between the bttom side of the rocker and the PR cup so that the cup contacts the bottom side of the rocker at some point.

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/18/09 03:37 AM

Horse Crap!
Posted By: rowin4

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/18/09 03:40 AM

Quote:

Horse Crap!

I don't know how to take that comment. good info? bad info or Horse Crap parts.

Re: How did this happen?? - 08/18/09 03:48 AM

Bad info,the indy pushrods are junk!Ask Ron P ask Headsup.I have a stack of them that are burnt up.Change pushrods and nothing else and problem goes away.It does not take a smart person to see it's the cups that are junk.
© 2024 Moparts Forums