Moparts

anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings?

Posted By: 300by500

anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 02:51 AM

Was looking at these on e-bay, wondered if anyone here has one and how well they work...

440 aluminum water pump housing
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 02:53 AM

Are you meaning that one, or one like it. I've use the mopar housing... It's really just to lighten up the front end alittle.

Re: anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 02:56 AM

I mean this one, the MP ones are at least twice the $$$$.

A little lighter than factory, and looks a little nicer. Aluminum may be a tiny bit cooler as well...

Re: anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 03:01 AM

Okay then no I haven't.. But really how bad could they be..

Re: anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 03:05 AM

Could cause pulley alignment issues if specs aren't right, could be too much/too little clearance between W/P vanes and housing, thermostat housing surface could be poorly finished and cause improper sealing, casting could be too thin/have defects and crack, bolt holes could be cross threaded... lots of things to watch for on ANY part.

Re: anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 03:15 AM

All very true points... But if your that worried about it, but one that double that.. Or e-mail the seller or phone them and find out who makes them... Or stick around and I'll dig one of the four I got out for ya..
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 03:32 AM

Looks identical to the 440 Source housing. I have their housing &pump on my 440 and like it a lot. No alignment or other problems. works fine... Might want to look at their combo price for the aluminum pump & housing. Pretty good deal when I got mine.
Posted By: BILLYJAY

Re: anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 04:12 AM

here's the one i just put on my indy motor..great quality and fit perfect.. http://www.440source.com/wpumphousings.htm

Attached picture 5422187-DartNewStance5-3-09013.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: anyone ever use one of these B-R/B W/P housings? - 08/17/09 05:09 AM

those are made by Cal Auto Transpeed (CAT) essentially the same as 440 source/ Proform, etc. some people have reported issues with the quality, others have been happy with them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums