Moparts

Fuel pump pressure setting

Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Fuel pump pressure setting - 08/13/09 06:33 PM

Ok so I got the new pump on the car with reg. and plumbed it all, which didn't take much. It was pretty much a throw on, only had to change one fitting.. My question is that when I set the pressure I set it running and was at 6.5 lbs. I shut the car off and then had to start it later in the night and the pressure was a hair under 6 lbs .. why the change.. I'm going to re-set it tonight when I do the valves.
Posted By: Mopower_333

Re: Fuel pump pressure setting - 08/13/09 06:38 PM

I had the same problem and it ended up being my liquid filled gauge. Once the car warmed up the pressure would drop like from 6.5 to 3. I ordered a new non liquid gauge and haven't had a problem since.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Fuel pump pressure setting - 08/13/09 06:39 PM

Quote:

Ok so I got the new pump on the car with reg. and plumbed it all, which didn't take much. It was pretty much a throw on, only had to change one fitting.. My question is that when I set the pressure I set it running and was at 6.5 lbs. I shut the car off and then had to start it later in the night and the pressure was a hair under 6 lbs .. why the change.. I'm going to re-set it tonight when I do the valves.

When you say it was 6 was that what the gauge showed
before you turned the pump on or after you turned
it on

Re: Fuel pump pressure setting - 08/13/09 06:40 PM

Mine isn't liquid filled. It was working fine with the holley blue pump, but now it seems to creep on me..

Re: Fuel pump pressure setting - 08/13/09 07:22 PM

I was at 6lbs with the pump on and the car running.. but I set it earlier at 6.5 while it was running...

Re: Fuel pump pressure setting - 08/13/09 08:58 PM

ANYONE...........
Posted By: racerx

Re: Fuel pump pressure setting - 08/13/09 11:20 PM

I've had the problem with my setup,but I'm running the Aeromotive A-1000 into a (y) block.I'v have not had much time 2 mess around with it.Actually i was thinking of getting out there within the next few days 2 flow the system 4 spray(n2o) ? Are u getting ready 2 spray?if so can u post you'r results.Thax Good Luck
© 2024 Moparts Forums