Moparts

mopar nats results from the track???

Posted By: proshiftcharger

mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 10:41 PM

Any word or results yet from the weekend with Moparts members racing at National Trail??
Whompin Wedge...BGR & Crew etc etc I know theyre still on their way home but who did what over the weekend??
Doug
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 10:54 PM

Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 10:58 PM

BigDog runner up in Quick 16, Troy Vanscoy won uper Pro, Cecil Stanford won in Pro, I think Eric Paul was a semi finalist. Kissmyaspen was down to very few cars in street, but do not know if he won or what round he finihed. Do not know other results.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 11:04 PM

did whompin wedgie break into the 9's
any ET's
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 11:06 PM

double O what wheelsup?? I ended up winning in the dart sport in street... taking out terry mcgee and ray block on the way..

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 11:12 PM

Quote:

BigDog runner up in Quick 16, Troy Vanscoy won uper Pro, Cecil Stanford won in Pro, I think Eric Paul was a semi finalist. Kissmyaspen was down to very few cars in street, but do not know if he won or what round he finihed. Do not know other results.

Thank for the update Lonnie..your dad did well again I see and in the quick 16, impressive.
Posted By: springers340dart

dad got runner-up to troy vanscoy, winner last year runner-up this year, that'll work congrats to all winners this weekend
Posted By: Lil Wedge

We got to last 12 cars and was on the losing end of double break out with 69Dart
(Bemiller) and then 69Dart red lit to Eric Paul. A friend called while we on our way home and said Eric Paul won Pro?, Dustin Goodin won Street and Troy Vanscoy won Superpro. I didn't get to do much watching, seemed like round robin in pro.

Attached picture 5406677-DSCF0015.JPG

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 11:18 PM

Awesome guys how was the track conditions...traction...etc??

Doug
Posted By: Lil Wedge

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 11:20 PM

Good Job Dustin! You did say you were gonna win in one class or the other and you did it! Is that 2 Mopar National wins now?And Brian, be sure to tell your Dad good Job!!!!

Attached picture 5406705-DSCF0015.JPG
Posted By: d330

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/09/09 11:54 PM

6bblFLASH won the stick-shift class!!
Congrats Dennis!

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 12:14 AM

any et reports for poopaj and whompin wedgie, i cant take the suspense any longer?
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 12:20 AM

I think Casey (Whompin) was running 9.80's ??
I saw him on Friday,,,,

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 12:25 AM

NICE Got out of the 10's
Posted By: 69dart

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 12:26 AM

Eric lost to the brown 12 second Challenger in the Semi's. The 10.60 Duster won it all in the final. They had to reset the track computer and the finalists had to sit there for quite a few minutes. Congats to the Winners! I went brain-dead-red against Eric in the Qtrs.

After a tough Saturday that saw him at the bottom of the Quick 16 Open field, Verigood and his 2002 Undercover dragster from Hamilton, Ohio rebounded to score the event win over the Door champion Larry Smith. Verigood got by Jeff Hurst in round one, Ron Stayer Jr., and Mark Claypoole in the Open final round. Smith's 1968 Dart from Caledonia, Ohio advanced past Kelly Foster, Bill Stevens, and Brad Amerine to reach the final round. In the finals, Verigood used a .004 to a .015 advantage at the starting line to win the race on a holeshot. His 8.062 on a 8.04 dial won over Smith's 8.658 on a 8.64 by .007.

Vanscoy drove his Grove City, Ohio based 1971 Demon to the Super Pro win over the 1973 Duster of Mark Spring out of Newark, Ohio. Spring, who was looking to win the Mopar Nationals Super Pro title for the second year in a row, gave it up at the start when his -.010 reaction time ended his day. Vanscoy got the win, running a 9.995 on his 10.03 dial in on the victory run.

In the biggest class on the grounds, Stanford and his trusty 1970 Duster won the Pro eliminator class for 2009 by defeating Travis Gabbard's 1970 Challenger. Stanford, a resident of Marion, Ohio, got a slight edge at the start over the Cambridge City, Indiana resident Gabbard. When they got to the stripe, Stanford pulled in front and won with a 10.669 on a 10.60. Gabbard was the runner up with a 12.377 on a 12.33 dial in.

Goodin picked up the Street eliminator title this season with his final round win over Bobbie Bahn. Driving his 1973 Dart Sport out of Newark, Ohio, Goodin got the advantage at the starting line over Bahn's Columbus, Ohio based 2008 Charger. The advantage was used at the finish line as Goodin ran a 16.206 on his 15.91 dial in to win over Bahn's 16.606 on a 16.35.

Great Job Dustin!!

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 12:33 AM

Quote:

I saw him on Friday,,,,

Nice...anyone else??

How bout Kirpatricks Polara or his street driven Coronet?? Any sightings of Dave Collettes red 64?What about the quick 16..how did the B-1 Dodge Charger do?? Any SS/AH cars??

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 12:36 AM

Quote:

Eric lost to the brown 12 second Challenger in the Semi's. The 10.60 Duster won it all in the final. They had to reset the track computer and the finalists had to sit there for quite a few minutes. Congats to the Winners! I went brain-dead-red against Eric in the Qtrs.

After a tough Saturday that saw him at the bottom of the Quick 16 Open field, Verigood and his 2002 Undercover dragster from Hamilton, Ohio rebounded to score the event win over the Door champion Larry Smith. Verigood got by Jeff Hurst in round one, Ron Stayer Jr., and Mark Claypoole in the Open final round. Smith's 1968 Dart from Caledonia, Ohio advanced past Kelly Foster, Bill Stevens, and Brad Amerine to reach the final round. In the finals, Verigood used a .004 to a .015 advantage at the starting line to win the race on a holeshot. His 8.062 on a 8.04 dial won over Smith's 8.658 on a 8.64 by .007.

Vanscoy drove his Grove City, Ohio based 1971 Demon to the Super Pro win over the 1973 Duster of Mark Spring out of Newark, Ohio. Spring, who was looking to win the Mopar Nationals Super Pro title for the second year in a row, gave it up at the start when his -.010 reaction time ended his day. Vanscoy got the win, running a 9.995 on his 10.03 dial in on the victory run.

In the biggest class on the grounds, Stanford and his trusty 1970 Duster won the Pro eliminator class for 2009 by defeating Travis Gabbard's 1970 Challenger. Stanford, a resident of Marion, Ohio, got a slight edge at the start over the Cambridge City, Indiana resident Gabbard. When they got to the stripe, Stanford pulled in front and won with a 10.669 on a 10.60. Gabbard was the runner up with a 12.377 on a 12.33 dial in.

Goodin picked up the Street eliminator title this season with his final round win over Bobbie Bahn. Driving his 1973 Dart Sport out of Newark, Ohio, Goodin got the advantage at the starting line over Bahn's Columbus, Ohio based 2008 Charger. The advantage was used at the finish line as Goodin ran a 16.206 on his 15.91 dial in to win over Bahn's 16.606 on a 16.35.

Great Job Dustin!!

thanks for the thorough details

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 12:39 AM

Shaun,nice job on the report Thanks

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I saw him on Friday,,,,

Nice...anyone else??

How bout Kirpatricks Polara or his street driven Coronet?? Any sightings of Dave Collettes red 64?What about the quick 16..how did the B-1 Dodge Charger do?? Any SS/AH cars??

was it high 9.80's or low 9.80's. man hes got that wedge flyin'

Attached picture 5406897-HEMIREUNION69HEMIRR65DODGECORONET014.JPG
Posted By: Valiant_Showoff

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 01:30 AM

Quote:

Nice...anyone else??

It was only the Saturday trophy race, but I was darn happy to win it.

Attached picture 5407014-winnerscircle.JPG

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 01:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Nice...anyone else??

Great Job, I read your post earlier. The cuda is a family member and moparts member too correct??
Posted By: Valiant_Showoff

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 02:18 AM

Yup. 6bblFLASH is my older brother who won the stick class.

Attached picture 5407180-DennyLaunch1.JPG
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 02:25 AM

great job dennis and little brother!!!!!!! dave
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 02:40 AM

What a one in a million day!!!!!
BEST racing day of my life.

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 08:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I saw him on Friday,,,,

Nice...anyone else??

went 9.82 during the heat today. 92*.

We had a grat weekend had tons of fun. Won class on Saturday. Then went to the quarters today. So not a bad weekend. Also got to meet a few more moparts members (Russ Berens,Phil, Tony, and few others) Also Congrats Russ on your win!

Gotta sort a few more bugs outta this combo and hopefully we will be faster at Norwalk.

SSR you seem to worry about how fast we are all the time... you scared? Have you even ran the Coronet this year? you scared of it? Keep talkin SSR until you man up and run us your still nothing in my book.

Thanks National Trails for the great weekend

Hope to see you all in Norwalk!

Thanks
Casey
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 01:56 PM

Since it was my birthday and I had already gotten a gift; I felt it necessary to give Travis a gift in the semi's by giving him the stripe by .005 (where is the smacking your head against a wall smiley) .06 over the dial That one's gonna sting for awhile!
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 02:50 PM

I had a great time down there sunday..Went down and help Fred..he got to the semi..lost a close one...0001 MOV...See and talk to alot of the members here..

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 03:44 PM

Quote:

I had a great time down there sunday..Went down and help Fred..he got to the semi..lost a close one...0001 MOV...See and talk to alot of the members here..

It was great to meet you. Enjoyed talkin to ya.
Posted By: old_racer

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 03:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I saw him on Friday,,,,

Nice...anyone else??

We had a grat weekend had tons of fun. Won class on Saturday. Then went to the quarters today. So not a bad weekend. Also got to meet a few more moparts members (Russ Berens,Phil, Tony, and few others) Also Congrats Russ on your win!

Gotta sort a few more bugs outta this combo and hopefully we will be faster at Norwalk.

SSR you seem to worry about how fast we are all the time... you scared? Have you even ran the Coronet this year? you scared of it? Keep talkin SSR until you man up and run us your still nothing in my book.

Thanks
Casey

Hi Casey,
it was great to meet you and really great talking to Papa J, thanks on the congrates, it's always fun racing the Nostalgia class, sure am glad I didn't have to run you, I was watching you , your tuff in that car.
hope to see you in ST Louis
Russ

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/10/09 08:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I saw him on Friday,,,,

Nice...anyone else??

Thanks
Casey

CASEY, its not that im worried about what you run, i just feel bad that your cars numbers are backwards.
also im just rotating my stock.to be continued.....
Posted By: 6PAK70CUDA

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/11/09 12:33 AM

Well it wasn't exactly a crowded class(many guys missed the call?) but my friend Doug Erz (also from Toronto) won the 5.7/6.1 Hemi Challenge with his 07 Jeep SRT8 running 13.6's. Doug is a long time Division One bracket racer and went to the Bracket Finals at Maple Grove many times in his 73 RoadRunner(which he purchased NEW and still has!!). Doug used a .005 final round light to win!

Posted By: Crizila

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/11/09 12:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Nice...anyone else??

Went 3 rounds in Pro before I had RT brain fade. Anyone know how many cars were in pro and how many rounds to win?
Posted By: racerAL

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/11/09 01:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nice...anyone else??

Went 3 rounds in Pro before I had RT brain fade. Anyone know how many cars were in pro and how many rounds to win?

...my bro cecil stanford called me right after he won and i'm pretty sure he said it took 7 rds. to win..

Attached picture 5409504-Picture007.jpg
Posted By: REHBERGERRACING

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/11/09 01:19 AM

Congrats on that 9.82.
See you guys at Norwalk.
Posted By: springers340dart

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/11/09 02:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nice...anyone else??

i heard at beginning of round 1 there were 140 cars.
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/11/09 02:45 AM

oh yeah i need to think 340ricks wife for letting me know what boxers where my lucky ones i had them on a again this year.... if u have been on the board for a couple years you know why i know....

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/11/09 04:04 AM

Congrats on the win. I was behind you in the lanes once and saw the sticker but didn't have a chance to say hey.
Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 12:22 AM

Dave Dudek, Driving Iggy's 1970 Road Runner was Top Eliminator in the first SuperCar ShootOut Match Race. Dave also put the Yellow Road Runner in the tens running 10.90 @ 127 MPH on Polyglas tires.

Attached picture 5413728-Nats09-6.jpg

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 12:23 AM

Blake Goldstien in his 1969 Charger R/T Won is Match Race against CJK440's Dads 1967 Hemi GTX.

Attached picture 5413732-Nats09-25.jpg

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 12:25 AM

Attached picture 5413734-Nats09-19.jpg

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 06:30 AM

Great job Russ!!! Congrats!!! As always I enjoyed talking with you and Wally. Also congrats to Big Dawg and Ryan G. on their finishes!! Also I was very proud of the job my son Casey did winning class Saturday and going to the quarters on Sunday.
It was also great talking with BG and his gang, Tony and all the other Moparts members poppaj

Attached picture 5414502-PRP1.jpg
Posted By: nosboy

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 01:24 PM

I got a red light -.001 in the first round and packed my stuff up and went home!!!

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 01:38 PM

Quote:

I got a red light -.001 in the first round and packed my stuff up and went home!!!

That wouldn't have been against a black Challenger would it?

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 03:04 PM

It was a WHITE mid sixties car.. Looked like those NSS cars.. It dialed in at 10.0 and I think he ran a 10.03 but his R/T was around .190.. I dialed in at 10.34 and ran a 10.337,,,,so,, I would have broken out anyways,,,but,,, I probably would have HAMMERED the brakes around 1250 feet and NOT BROKEN OUT,,,but,, it was a redlight,,,so,,, I figured WHY NOT DRIVE IT out the back door!!!

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 03:05 PM

I was the FIRST ONES out on Sunday.. Around 11 am...

Re: mopar nats results from the track??? - 08/13/09 06:20 PM

Just wondered. My guy was .001 red as well first round.
© 2024 Moparts Forums