Moparts

Clay City Kentucky

Posted By: hemi-challenger

Clay City Kentucky - 08/01/09 06:25 PM

http://www.mpdragway.com/mopar.htm

Hemi and Max Wedge Racers try to make room in your schedule to make this race. We had a great time last year and this track really hooks.

One Of The Nations Best Mopar Events Is Even Better For 2009!

Mt. Park Dragway in Clay City, KY Presents the....

Mopar Southern Classic

A FULL WEEKEND OF MOPAR MUSCLE

General:

All classes, both show and drag racing will be available for Mopar products only, including all Chrysler makes including Jeep & AMC as well as Dragsters and Altereds that are Mopar powered.

Free camping, sorry no hookups. Concessions open from breakfast until final round. Coolers, grills, and properly contained campfires are allowed. Wristbands must be worn during the event. No Swap/Vendors Sales allowed until Sat.

Race Info:

IHRA Safety Rules will be enforced.

Racers are allowed to enter more than 1 class each day.

First round buy backs will be available in bracket races.

Transbrake allowed in Modified.

Top ET (Box), Modified (No Box), Quick-8, & 16 is dial-in, break-out, full tree, 1/8th mile.

Quick-16 will be the quickest 8 qualified full bodied Top ET cars and quickest 8 qualified open bodied Top ET cars. Each 8 car field will run seperately, each winner will then race in the doorcar vs dragster finals.

SS Hemi & Max Wedge is No-Box, .5 full tree, dial-in, 1/4 mile.

Super Stock Hemi entries are limited to cars originally intended for Super Stock competition. SS/A 1968 Dart and Barracuda
SS/B 1964-65 Dodge and Plymouth B-Body 2-door;
SS/C 1964-65 Dodge and Plymouth B-Body wagon
SS/D 1967 Coronet and Belvedere 2-door
SS/E 1966 Coronet and Belvedere 2-door
1970-71 Challenger and Barracuda
SS/F 1966-67 Coronet and Belvedere wagon
1968-70 Coronet and Belvedere 2-door
1971 Charger and Satellite 2-door
Clone cars acceptable. Automatic and manual transmission cars will not compete in separate classes.

Max Wedge class open to 1962-65 Dodge and Plymouth B-Body cars originally available with Max Wedge - Wedge engines. Clone cars acceptable.

Stock chassis is required on Hemi & Max Wedge entries. Sub frames may be joined. Rear frame may be moved in or reconstructed for rear tire and wheel tub clearance. Roll cage required in all vehicles. Vehicles running 9.99 e.t. or quicker must have current SFI chassis certification sticker.

In the event of a rain delay the event will be ran as soon as conditions favor. Minimum entries for full purse; SS Hemi and Max Wedge-16, Box- 40, No Box-25, Street-20.

Car & Driver Entry Fees:

Top ET / Q-8 / Q-16 (Delay box classes) -$50/Day. Modified (No-box) $40/Day, Slant-6 $30 (Free W/Mod entry)

Super Stock Hemi $100, Max Wedge $80.

Buyback fees: Top ET $30, Modified $20

Crew & Spectator Fees: Fri $5, Sat OR Sun $15 / Sat & Sun. $25, 3 days $30, Age 12/under free.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/01/09 07:04 PM

Good event,,,we have gone the past several years....
Posted By: Butch

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/02/09 02:26 AM

I had a great time last year. I hope to make it this year.

Butch
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/02/09 02:29 AM

Used to go down there and race at the Southern Classic when Bobby Rogers was running it. Great little track.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/02/09 05:27 AM

It is a great track, it really is.

I haven't raced much since about 02 or so but if the regulars that were there then are still running, it is a VERY difficult track to win at. The regulars are some serious racers and damn good. I finished in the money a lot but never could win a class.

The annual Mopar show is pretty good. More of a race than a car show.
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/02/09 07:15 AM

Fiats allowed now?
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/02/09 02:22 PM

Great race, great people, great track...Plenty of pit area, pretty nice facility...The racing is very good. Its one of my local track, and its were everyone posts there best E/T for all you e/t chasers.
Last year IMO the show was feeling the high gas price crunch on the long travelers, but this year it think it will be better.
Plenty of Hemi cars, Max Wedge cars, KOS,/6's..You name it.

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/02/09 10:39 PM

If I remember right the not so famous Larry and Lonnie Smith were at this race, with the famous Kate
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/02/09 11:29 PM

Posted By: Frito

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 12:14 AM

Bob,
Any idea who had the Duster in the bckground of photo #2?
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 12:31 AM

think thats roger puckett out of irvine, and the blue road runner behind the duster was mine
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 01:24 AM

I might have to see if I can make this one . Everyone I talked to that has been there said it's a super track and had a great time.

Russ
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 01:29 AM

Quote:

Bob,
Any idea who had the Duster in the bckground of photo #2?

looks like mike cricks super street duster
Posted By: Michael

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 01:51 AM

I'm thinking about attending myself.

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 11:27 AM

Thanks for the info Casey. Racing at the Nats this weekend??
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 12:30 PM

Larry and Lonnie Smith owns the black and red Plymouth on the flier.
It looks like the Madia Bros SS hemi car from Decatur,IL in the early 70's ? Is it the original car ?

logan426

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 12:38 PM

No doubt its the Madia brothers car. Wayne County on the front fender is a dead give away!

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 01:37 PM

Quote:

Used to go down there and race at the Southern Classic when Bobby Rogers was running it. Great little track.

Dennis, Any way to get up with Bobby Rogers? Did he at one time race a black 68 Cuda??? ANYONE!!
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 02:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dennis, Any way to get up with Bobby Rogers? Did he at one time race a black 68 Cuda??? ANYONE!!

bobby,s a member here on moparts, and i bought the black 68 cuda from him(MOPAR MUSCLE)
Posted By: CRT

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 03:03 PM

I went last year, had a good time.

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/03/09 07:41 PM

The Plymouth on the flyer is owned and driven by Danny Smith

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 08/29/09 02:07 PM

Don't forget to put this on your calendars

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 09/22/09 10:44 PM

Mopar Group : We had a great time last year at the all Mopar Race and we are planning to go back. Oct 10 & 11 Clay City Raceway.

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/02/09 12:23 PM

Who's going to Clay City Kentucy next week-end Oct.9-11. I'm hoping we have a lot of Max Wedges and Hemi cars. Thanks / Gary
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/02/09 12:43 PM

Quote:

Who's going to Clay City Kentucy next week-end Oct.9-11. I'm hoping we have a lot of Max Wedges and Hemi cars. Thanks / Gary

I'll be there with my Max Wedge to have some fun. See this car stop and say if someone has a link to the track please post it so I can get an address since I have never been there before.

Russ
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/02/09 01:09 PM

http://www.mpdragway.com/map.htm
Posted By: Duster_Dude

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/02/09 01:38 PM

I'll be there again this year with Butch and my Dad, Chuck.
We had a blast there last year.
Great little track with loads of traction!
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/02/09 05:54 PM

Quote:

If I remember right the not so famous Larry and Lonnie Smith were at this race, with the famous Kate

We who have no special reserved parking will be first in line Friday, if I am not run off the road by a inconsiderate driver with motor home!

Attached picture 5520242-DSC01419.JPG
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/02/09 06:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We who have no special reserved parking will be first in line Friday, if I am not run off the road by a inconsiderate driver with motor home!

is parking a problem there? i can't park just anywhere, when the car is only two inches off the ground.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/02/09 06:06 PM

no parking is not a problem! Just having a good laugh with an old, and I do mean old friend! Hope to see you there, Big Dog

Attached picture 5520256-DSC01335.JPG

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/02/09 06:24 PM

Parking is good and Larry you know I can't comment to your cute little remark. SEE YOU at Clay City if Kay gives you some helps getting into your truck specially at your age.
Thanks / Gary

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 12:39 AM

Larry at your age if I was to see you on the highway I would go by you like you are standing still OH OH ! that just did happen. I went by you and blew the horn to wake you up or at that time did you think you were still driving down the road. Thanks / Gary
Posted By: maxie

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 12:48 AM

I am going to try and come to it.

scott
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 02:43 AM

We're planning on all three days. Our first time to Clay City track. Anyone know if Fri just test and tune, or a gamblers race?

Attached picture 5521427-drags5-30023w.jpg
Posted By: Quiksilver II

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 03:09 AM

Yes Money is good. I took it from Smack Puppy last year he only made it to the semi's and he is very touchy about it.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 03:11 AM

Quote:

Yes Money is good. I took it from Smack Puppy last year he only made it to the semi's and he is very touchy about it.

Get it right Rick, it was your children taking winners circle pics with me last year, and Dads' car not running the number the year b4 that saved your tail.

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 03:26 AM

I noticed you mentioned the 10.0 class. Let us derive the 10 flat from any means and I will carry two rings home next year.

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 03:43 AM

Whoops went to far. Sorry
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 03:47 AM

Quote:

Whoops went to far. Sorry

Still cleaning up the liquids I spit up after reading previous post.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/03/09 06:48 AM

Quote:

Fiats allowed now?

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/05/09 04:37 PM

http://www.mpdragway.com/mopar.htm
Thought I would put the link in for anyone interested in coming to Clay City, Kentucky. All information is on the flyer on the web site / click on the Mopar Race from home page.
Thanks / Gary
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/05/09 07:17 PM

maybe be there

Attached picture 5526580-chryslerclassic_edited.jpg
Posted By: moprod

Re: Clay City Kentucky - 10/07/09 04:08 AM

great Pinks episode. You will love the track, great atmosphere also.
© 2024 Moparts Forums