Moparts

Rod bearing pic..

Posted By: VernMotor

Rod bearing pic.. - 07/31/09 01:27 AM

I know some of you want to see pics of the rod bearings out of my motor..this is the motor that hurt the wrist pin bushing..They look very good to me..I was not doing other crank. I almost use them again LOL Hard to take pics of shiny things !

back side..

Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Rod bearing pic.. - 07/31/09 01:34 AM

thanks vern!
did you mic the width at all?
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Rod bearing pic.. - 07/31/09 01:37 AM

I checked 4-5 of them and they was all the same.. I don't have a new one here to check but will next week..
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Rod bearing pic.. - 07/31/09 01:50 AM

I would re-use those as long as they did not lose their "Spring" when being inserted into the rod.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Rod bearing pic.. - 07/31/09 01:55 AM

Quote:

I would re-use those as long as they did not lose their "Spring" when being inserted into the rod.

Otherwise it would be a waste of money.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Rod bearing pic.. - 07/31/09 04:26 AM

Quote:

In a heartbeat, I have and will in the future as long as they look that good and measure okay
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Rod bearing pic.. - 07/31/09 01:02 PM

I won't reuse a bearing once it has been removed from it's seat in the cap. No matter how good it looks. It has already had its crush set once. They aren't that spendy.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Rod bearing pic.. - 07/31/09 04:03 PM

Quote:

I won't reuse a bearing once it has been removed from it's seat in the cap. No matter how good it looks. It has already had its crush set once. They aren't that spendy.

Had my machinest talk me in to reusing my main bearings. They looked like new, but when I put them in, they just fell in to the saddles - not loose, but no spring. They mic'ed ok, so I assume there was still some crush. I went ahead and reused them. Been worrying about it ever since.
© 2024 Moparts Forums