Moparts

E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX????????

Posted By: Anonymous

E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/22/09 11:36 PM

Has anyone experimented with a e-85 and pump gas mixture for a street/strip car with 10-11:1 compression? I'm curious if it's even feasable? Thanks! RandyB
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/23/09 12:06 AM

Randy mine is 14.1:1 and I run the Meijer regular
E-85 at the pump.... works great, it will work on your
engine(with a E-85 carb)

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/23/09 12:51 AM

Mike,so what you're saying is you can't modify the carb yourself? All the internals are that different? Could just the metering blocks be purchased,and use the existing main body and float bowls? Randy

Attached picture 5369396-GTXIGNITIONSWITCHANDTUMBLER001(Small)(2).jpg

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/23/09 02:06 AM

Quote:

Mike,so what you're saying is you can't modify the carb yourself? All the internals are that different? Could just the metering blocks be purchased,and use the existing main body and float bowls? Randy

It can be done by us.... different blocks is one way
and most likely the easist and best way

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/23/09 02:42 AM

Thanks Mike! I'll contact QF and get some prices on the blocks,and some jetting and A/F ratio baselines! Randy
Posted By: gj69charger

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/23/09 03:12 AM

Randy. You will probably have to upgrade your fuel delivery system. you need 30% more fuel flow.

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 01:27 AM

Thanks for that info,Greg! I'll probably have to break down and install an electric fuel pump! So far,I've gotten away with using a Holley 110 GPH mechanical,with no issues at all. BTW,have you checked into the S&W anti-roll bars for the Charger yet? Randy

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 10:44 AM

Randy. I went from a 140gph to a 275gph electric fuel pump and increased my fuel line from 3/8in. to -10AN. I may have over compensated a little. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I really like that S&W anti roll bar. If it will fit, I'll definetly be putting it on the car. I have to call them and get some measurements. I'm not sure I can get it to line up properly. It's going to be a tight fit.
Posted By: mopartony

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 12:29 PM

Quote:

Thanks Mike! I'll contact QF and get some prices on the blocks,and some jetting and A/F ratio baselines! Randy

Randy, you may want to contact Heath on that E-85 site before you go to quick fuel for prices. I did not have any luck with quick fuel. I will never give them any business after the treatment I got from thier tech department. Heath was great to deal with and seems ready to help once you get your kit. $250 or $255 is the price of his kit plus shipping.

I know Heaths kit includes, metering blocks, jets, air bleeds, power valve, needle and seats and I think floats but the last 2 I am not sure on.
Posted By: Von

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 01:21 PM

Mark Sullens converted my 950HP. Runs like a top, I only needed 1 jet change and 1 air bleed change to get it spot on!!

Heaths kits look good also, but from what Ive read you really need to change boosters also. If you have the tools to do it yourself, great. If not Id send my carb to either Mark or Heath and have them convert it for you.

Either way, Id skip QF and go with somebody who is more on a "grass roots" level with E85.
Posted By: BobR

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 01:33 PM

Quote:

Thanks for that info,Greg! I'll probably have to break down and install an electric fuel pump! So far,I've gotten away with using a Holley 110 GPH mechanical,with no issues at all. BTW,have you checked into the S&W anti-roll bars for the Charger yet? Randy

You will absolutely need to upgrade to a good electric pump.

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 01:37 PM

Randy... what size is your fuel line?
Posted By: mopartony

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 02:25 PM

Von, you are right. I forgot to mention that. It does come with boosters too.

I would say if you have changed the gaskets on your carb you should have it licked, any deeper in the carb and you should have no issues.

Besides you only need a couple of screw drivers, hammer, duct tape and WD-40. Hammer, duct tape and WD-40 optional....

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 02:43 PM

Quote:

Von, you are right. I forgot to mention that. It does come with boosters too.

I would say if you have changed the gaskets on your carb you should have it licked, any deeper in the carb and you should have no issues.

Besides you only need a couple of screw drivers, hammer, duct tape and WD-40. Hammer, duct tape and WD-40 optional....

Tony, I dont think you get boosters in the 4150
($250 kit) it does state you get them in the 4500
kit($300)

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/24/09 04:23 PM

Heath did my 4500.

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/25/09 02:59 AM

Mike,it's -8AN coming out of the fuel cell,and drops to 3/8 after the Fram cannister-type fuel filter,mounted on rear frame rail.

Re: E-85 AND UNLEADED PREMIUM MIX???????? - 07/25/09 03:02 AM

Thanks for all the info,gentlemen! RandyB
© 2024 Moparts Forums