Moparts

Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue

Posted By: KOS

Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/19/09 08:24 PM

got a set of the street lites and the centre caps wont fit over stock 73A-body disc hubs. i am thinking about getting them turned down but BS no matter how you slice it.

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/20/09 12:59 AM

found out they offer a 1/2"cap spacer.......still not sure its gonna cut it.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/20/09 02:15 AM

Hmmm, I have Wilwoods up front so no problem but I wasn't aware that they won't clear stock discs.

Attached picture 5363076-100_2545.jpg
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/20/09 04:12 AM

This issue is not that uncommon. I have the same rims on my T-Type and had to reshape the dust caps to fit.
Posted By: stroked470

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/20/09 01:36 PM

I am running them on my 68 Charger with drum brakes and had to get a BFH and adjust the dust cap. Fits great now.
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/20/09 06:45 PM

Quote:

got a set of the street lites and the centre caps wont fit over stock 73A-body disc hubs. i am thinking about getting them turned down but BS no matter how you slice it.

Buy some real brakes Nick.

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/20/09 10:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Buy some real brakes Nick.

and shave 40lbs off the nose............wanna sponsor the car?

actually did some measuring 2day and the 1/2spacer wont do the trick either.right now the brake money is for you Steve for the LS1 deal then aerospace next year.
Posted By: moparjimbo60

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/20/09 10:24 PM

you could always sell them to your ol buddy down here in Ga, haha hope you get the issue resolved

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/20/09 10:58 PM

Quote:

you could always sell them to your ol buddy down here in Ga, haha hope you get the issue resolved

id sell em to you Jim but youd have to give me the W2 motor back for what ive got into these with rubber good to hear from ya Nick
Posted By: webemopes

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/21/09 01:52 AM

we ran into the same deal on brother in laws dart.i chucked the hub in the lathe and turned 60 thou.of the dia.out where the dust cap goes.we told billet specialties about it a year ago.it was the o.d. of the hub that causes the interference.but i understand what you`re sayin.shouldn`t have to f with em period,especially after the have been told about this problem
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/21/09 01:15 PM

Quote:

and shave 40lbs off the nose............wanna sponsor the car?

I can get 40#+ off the car no prob......
Posted By: onebaddakota

Re: Billet Speciality centre cap fitment issue - 07/21/09 01:42 PM

I thought about going with those wheels as well. Do any of you guys have any pics on the car? Are they any lighter than the weld draglites?
Tom
© 2024 Moparts Forums