Moparts

ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE

Posted By: mopars rule

ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/13/09 06:01 AM

Has anyone here used a 10 point or more S&W cage. If so do you have any pictures of the fit. Especially the main hoop and halo bar at the roof.
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/13/09 07:33 AM

Quote:

Has anyone here used a 10 point or more S&W cage. If so do you have any pictures of the fit. Especially the main hoop and halo bar at the roof.

S&W was used in my 65 Sport fury. 10 point cage,
ladder bar and coil over also. I'll look for some
inside picts and PM them to you. There stuff fits
real good.

Attached picture 5349124-Trump_lg.jpg

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/13/09 11:19 AM

Thanks. I would appreciate the pictures.
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/13/09 11:39 AM

Here's what you can see of my S&W cage...

Attached picture 5349198-12-17-05064(Medium).jpg

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/13/09 11:40 AM

another one. I don't have any of the hailo hoop. I can try to get one though.

Attached picture 5349199-1-1-06006.jpg

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/13/09 12:46 PM

The reason I ask is because my cage ( comp engineering ) in the center of the car is about 3 1/4" from the roof, that just seems too low for me. Also the halo bar is about 4" from where the door seal is from the side of the car. If I try to center my seat with the steering wheel my helmet will be touching the halo bar. I am just not happy with it and have learned a lot a little too late about some things but I am willing to bite the bullit and put in another cage before I get too far with my project. Just looking to see what will fit best. Any comments and opinions welcome.
Posted By: 68valiant68

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/13/09 02:06 PM

check out chris alstons chassis works, they have very nice cages.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/14/09 05:14 AM

Quote:

The reason I ask is because my cage ( comp engineering ) in the center of the car is about 3 1/4" from the roof, that just seems too low for me. Also the halo bar is about 4" from where the door seal is from the side of the car. If I try to center my seat with the steering wheel my helmet will be touching the halo bar. I am just not happy with it and have learned a lot a little too late about some things but I am willing to bite the bullit and put in another cage before I get too far with my project. Just looking to see what will fit best. Any comments and opinions welcome.

I have the same problem with the halo bar so I did some mods in vain so now I got some more tube and having Killer Customs bend me a new halo bar. Dropped it off today ready for tomorrow morning. I have the same kit from Comp Eng. and nothing fit and I am adding more bar. When I modified the halo I had to widen it 9" and the new one will be 9" wider than what was in the box, I ordered for a 69 b-body but must have been made for a compact.
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/14/09 11:29 AM

Quote:

check out chris alstons chassis works, they have very nice cages.

Here is mine Chris Alstons

Attached picture 5351458-Roll1sm.jpg
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/14/09 11:30 AM

Attached picture 5351460-roll2sm.jpg
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/14/09 02:00 PM

did not care for my cage from S&W.
No halo bar, side bars and a tube across front.
had to compromise fit of side bars.
would much prefer a tight fitting halo now after the fact.

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/14/09 05:23 PM

Called S&W today and they sent me some measurements of the cage they build to fit my car. I compared the measurements to the cage I have and also to my car. It is going to fit like a glove so I went ahead and ordered it. The cages are completely different, S&W halo bar is 5" wider and the main hoop is way taller and will fit to the roof.

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/14/09 10:23 PM

My halo bar and main hoop are up out of the way also. S&W installed mine. The front runners are also out of the way. The only issue is I should have had them install a swing out bar. I'm not quite as flexible as I used to be.....

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/15/09 03:53 AM

That is one thing I have been considering doing when I put this cage in. Haven't made up my mind yet. Cage probably won't be here til sometime next week anyway, so I have a little time to think on it.
Posted By: wildcargo

Re: ANYONE USE S&W 10 POINT CAGE - 07/15/09 11:35 AM

Mine is a S&W rool bar with a cage conversion and frunt bars it becomes a 12 point, all from S&W. I installed it.

Attached picture 5353685-dodge_015S.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums