Moparts

Roll cage kits. Opinions?

Posted By: 69B3GT

Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 05:59 AM

Ok so being younge, broke, and stupid i was looking at the jegs 8pt cage kit. Has anyone used one what is good or bad about them. IF, big if there, i do get one would a welding shop be able to install this easily? Someone help me out, i dont have a ton of money for a cage and my car doesnt need one now, but it will when my motor is done so i figured id plan ahead.

Thanks for your opinions

Oh, heres a link just incase

http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/941703K/10002/-1#
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 06:41 AM

If you have a way to get the car up to me(Fresno area).....I'll install it for FREE(with you helping)we could do it in one day....may even be able to get you a deal on a cage from Chassisworks.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 07:26 AM

I would be loading up the car and heading toward Fresno if I was you...LOL
Posted By: 440Laser

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 11:04 AM

That's where I got the roll bar for my Duster. Fit great and was happy with it. The bird mouths are flame cut not sawn, if that matters.
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 11:32 AM

Quote:

If you have a way to get the car up to me(Fresno area).....I'll install it for FREE(with you helping)we could do it in one day....may even be able to get you a deal on a cage from Chassisworks.

Chassis man you are da man, I wish I lived closer. Is the car heading North on a trailer yet?
Posted By: KMPX2

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 12:44 PM

When is he going to wake-up and see this great offer?
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 02:41 PM

Quote:

Wow!
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 03:26 PM

Rons the man...
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 06:15 PM

Quote:

Wow... thats a great offer and I tip my hat to Ron

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 06:17 PM

Wow i just actually woke up and saw this lol. I still have a few things i need to do before id put a cage in so i think the car would be ready in a month minimum for it. Thanks for the offer, and if it still stands when the car is ready for it, id be more then happy to find a way to have it brought up

If i wore a hat id be off to you
Posted By: W2DODGE

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 06:39 PM

Quote:

that would be a heck of a good deal

I got a one from chassisworks fit was great price was good too
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 08:07 PM

I got mine from S&W for the Satellite...little trimming here and there (lengths), the fitting was great...here's a pic through the passenger door after install...Took me and another guy
almost exactly 12 hours to put it in.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/11/09 09:00 PM

Quote:

Yeah no kidding. Great offer of assistance by Ron.

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/12/09 12:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah no kidding. Great offer of assistance by Ron.

Yeah it suprised me, if funding didnt kill me id be up there in a heartbeat
Posted By: KIDINTHEYARD

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/12/09 05:05 PM

Quote:

Ok so being younge, broke, and stupid i was looking at the jegs 8pt cage kit. Has anyone used one what is good or bad about them. IF, big if there, i do get one would a welding shop be able to install this easily? Someone help me out, i dont have a ton of money for a cage and my car doesnt need one now, but it will when my motor is done so i figured id plan ahead.

Thanks for your opinions

hey chris let me know when your ready for one i can get you a good deal on a cage.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/12/09 07:44 PM

Would be nice if they made a kit that would allow the backseat to stay...bars that go up out of the speaker holes..

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/12/09 08:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for your opinions

hey chris let me know when your ready for one i can get you a good deal on a cage.

Jeremy you already have my number, feel free to call..maybe ill answer this time
Posted By: cmcgee123

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/12/09 09:17 PM

i would also help you put it in for an 18 pack. get the alston kit. it fits great here is the one i put in my car swing out and everything 450$ shipped

Attached picture 5348223-cuda5.jpg

Re: Roll cage kits. Opinions? - 07/12/09 09:22 PM

Quote:

Would be nice if they made a kit that would allow the backseat to stay...bars that go up out of the speaker holes..

my backseat is pretty torn up, as are the buckets so they wont be in the car anyways.
© 2024 Moparts Forums