Moparts

oil pressure dropping on the launch?

Posted By: 1swingin

oil pressure dropping on the launch? - 07/09/09 02:08 PM

When i was at the track last night i noticed when i left the line my oil pressure drop! It picked back up and didnt go 2 low but i didnt like it. Is there anyway to cure the problem without pulling the motor and switching to a baffled oil pan? Also,i run a six pack pan. I plan on freshining up the motor at the end of the year but i just want 2 get it through the rest of the season without hurting it! Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: oil pressure dropping on the launch? - 07/09/09 03:12 PM

How many litres (sorry, quarts ) are you running? I always ran 6 in a stock pan to be safe.

Re: oil pressure dropping on the launch? - 07/09/09 07:39 PM

I run a six pack pan that i was told holds seven but i switched 2 a bigger oil filter. I havnt noticed the problem until i recently got the car 2 hook better. Any sugestions would be appreciated! Thanks 4 the help! 383s rule!
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: oil pressure dropping on the launch? - 07/09/09 07:51 PM

Add baffles to the pan so you don't get so much oil slos h on launch.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: oil pressure dropping on the launch? - 07/09/09 07:51 PM

Quote:

Is there anyway to cure the problem without pulling the motor and switching to a baffled oil pan? Also,i run a six pack pan.

i just want 2 get it through the rest of the season without hurting it!

There are no baffles in the pan you are running now ? ... a TRUE six-pack pan should have good baffling in it.

If you are having OP probs with this set-up .. you BEST put a good pan on it or you WILL hurt-it ferr-sure.

Re: oil pressure dropping on the launch? - 07/09/09 09:07 PM

I guess i will pull it out and bafle it up! Thanks guys!
Posted By: dOoC

Re: oil pressure dropping on the launch? - 07/09/09 09:17 PM

Quote:

I guess i will pull it out and bafle it up! Thanks guys!

DO IT ..... without baffles ...all that oil is up in the back two cylinders KILLING the horsepower.

Getting a good oiling system is one of the best investments you can make.
© 2024 Moparts Forums