Moparts

Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!!

Posted By: nitrojoe

Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/05/09 07:44 PM

Hey gang we are having a Buckeye Super Stock Stock Association event at Pacemakers Dragway, Mt Vernon Ohio July 11th, you can come in and test on Friday for no extra fee on Friday. We run NHRA/IHRA SS/Stockers along with the N/SS and CC hemi class cars but being the Clay City IHRA event and NHRA D3 Stanton events are the same weekend it might be more of you then the regular class cars. Contact me about info on the race and rules. We payout a guaranteed $1000 to win and if the field is really big we put more into the whole pot.
e-mail me for directions or any other information you want to know for this event.
nitrojoe@neo.rr.com

Attached picture 5334705-buckeyescheduleBW.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/05/09 09:29 PM

Bump

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/05/09 10:45 PM

all N/SSer's and CC Hemi cars run with the regular SS/Stocker's and we draw chips at a drivers meeting to see who runs who
Chip #1 runs Chip #2 and so on
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/06/09 12:56 AM

nitro i cant make this one.but k-k and trails are in my plans.i wish i would of brought my car to the first trails race.you guys ran a great race.i highly recomend anyone whos car is legal come and race.steve.

Attached picture 5335230-2681496839_581093a0b4_o.jpg
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/06/09 01:09 AM

I plan on being there, hope to have better luck than the trails race

Jim Guy

Attached picture 5335262-ntr71.jpg
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/06/09 01:15 AM

This may be just right for me and my car
where can I find the rules? I do run the MW class in the CC events and I am legal for that.

Russ

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/06/09 01:50 AM

Yes, Max you are legal if you run the MW class in CC.

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/06/09 05:26 PM

bump
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/06/09 09:50 PM

we will be there! hopefully we will keep the intake in one piece this time

Casey
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/07/09 12:50 AM

Are they going to run it like trails ?? anyone with 100 bucks get in ..no rules..bracket race ??

I been told they had late model mustangs with trans brakes in the class's ? what the index's for 1/8 miles ?
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/07/09 12:56 AM

Quote:

Are they going to run it like trails ?? anyone with 100 bucks get in ..no rules..bracket race ??

I been told they had late model mustangs with trans brakes in the class's ? what the index's for 1/8 miles ?

NSS rules,
http://www.monstermopar.com/dragrace/nss.html
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/07/09 01:31 AM

As long as the wife is doing good from her surgery tomorrow then I will be there rooting on the Mopar crowd.

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/07/09 04:25 AM

the late model Mustang you are talking about was a V6 car legal for SS/AX in NHRA Super Stock, the rules as follow, must be a legal NHRA -IHRA SS or Stock, Legal Nostalgia Super Stock per CC & NMCA rules, and we are allowing the CC Hemi class cars to run in this also.
Here is the N/SS rules we follow:
Here is the nostalgia SS Body & Engine rules, these rules are more less set up to match NMCA and Doug Duell's group rules.
ELIGIBLE YEAR MODELS AND BODY STYLES
The following is a list of cars/engines, which are allowed to compete in Nostalgia Super Stock Eliminator:
· AMC AMX: 1968 - 1969; 390
· Chevrolet Full Bodied: 1959-64;348 & 409s, Z11 427
· Chevrolet Full Bodied: 1965-67;396-454
· Chevrolet Chevelle: 1964 - 1967; 396-454
· Pontiac Full Bodied: 1959-67;389-455
· Tempest/GTO: 1962-67;389-455
· Ford Full Bodied: 1959-67;390-427
· Ford Thunderbolt: 1964;427
· Fairlane/Comet/Cyclone/Falcon: 1963-67;427
· Dodge/Plymouth Full Bodied: 1960-67;383-440 wedge
· Dodge/Plymouth Full Bodied: 1964-67;Hemi
· Buick Full Bodied: 1960-67;401-455
· Skylark GS: 1964-67;400-401-455
· Oldsmobile Full Bodied: 1960-67;394-400-455
· Cutlass/442: 1964-67;400-455
· Dart/Barracuda: 1967-69;383-440
· Dart/Barracuda: 1968;426 Hemi

Hope this helps some, plain and simple its a bracket race consisting of Super Stocker and Stockers of all the organizations.
We draw chips for the ladder before rd1, we have no heads up runs (class wise) its all dial in's, no scales and no engine pumps, so.......

I had some calls today (Monday) and will return the calls on Tuesday, my son was home from the army and going back Tues, and I spent the day with him.
Joe

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/07/09 02:35 PM

Yes by all means spend some time with your BOY,,Tell him we said thank you ..for what he does !
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/08/09 12:51 PM

Looking over the rules that Joe published, you are not letting 1970 Hemi Cudas or Challengers race. Please let us know if this is correct, I know that NMCA won't let 1970's in N/SS which I still don't understand. If these are the rules, I do understand rules are rules and I'm not asking anyone to change the rules just want to know.
Thanks / Gary

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/08/09 01:39 PM

Quote:

Looking over the rules that Joe published, you are not letting 1970 Hemi Cudas or Challengers race. Please let us know if this is correct, I know that NMCA won't let 1970's in N/SS which I still don't understand. If these are the rules, I do understand rules are rules and I'm not asking anyone to change the rules just want to know.
Thanks / Gary

the late model Mustang you are talking about was a V6 car legal for SS/AX in NHRA Super Stock, the rules as follow, must be a legal NHRA -IHRA SS or Stock, Legal Nostalgia Super Stock per CC & NMCA rules, and we are allowing the CC Hemi class cars to run in this also.

Gary, this may make it ok for the Challengers but Joe will have to clarify if this means all Hemi cars that run the CC events including the Challengers.

Russ

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/08/09 02:41 PM

Gary those was the rules for N/SS
Yes if you run the CC Hemi series you are legal for our deal.
Hope to see you there.
joe
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/08/09 03:35 PM

Thanks Joe,I'm going to try to make your race it sound like a good time. Thanks / Gary
Posted By: jdfpam

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/10/09 12:30 AM

Gary,
I think you will enjoy it, we hope to. Dad and I are planning on coming, if all goes as planned.

Jeff Day

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/10/09 12:30 AM

Just curious if it rains on Saturday (thats what the weather shows today) will they move the race to Sunday?

Russ

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars - 07/10/09 01:49 AM

Yes pacemakers site says we will run on Sunday

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/10/09 03:07 PM

ok gang its a great day in Ohio, i know the forecast has that "R" word in it but its only 40% tells me they don't know , lol
anyhow this comes from the operator of Pacemakers Dragway,
Because of the special events this weekend, we will use Sunday (July 12th) to finish the races we can't complete Saturday if necessary.

If your coming down today, and need information on getting here , feel free to call me, best best if your coming from Columbus way, go North on I-71 to Delaware Rt 37 exit, turn right towards Sunbury, go north on Rt 3 and its 18 miles up the road on the right
From the North, best way is to get off at Gallon Rt 95 exit and head west to Rt 13 and then south to Mt Vernon to Rt 3, then south on 3.

Anyhow I'll be there all day, and you can test free today if your racing tomorrow, so that's a good deal for sure.
I'll try to post later tonight.

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/11/09 02:12 AM

My car is loaded up and I'm ready to pull out in the morning sometime so I'll see ya there and lets hope the rain holds off. I have never raced there but I have heard it's a pretty decent track. Is there going to be a regular race program there and then this class added? Just wondering. Look for the old school paint job 63 Dodge and stop and say Hi!!

Russ

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/11/09 02:24 AM

Yep reg points race with this..add'ed

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/11/09 02:26 AM

Quote:

No problem.... are you going to be there? If so save me a spot

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/11/09 12:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No problem.... are you going to be there? If so save me a spot

Update: After looking over the weather maps and a 70% chance of rain I'm going to have to pass on this race. Things have changed and I can't stay over until tomorrow to finish the race if it does get delayed. I'll make it a point to hit the remaining 2 races on this schedule.

Russ

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/11/09 12:21 PM

8:20 AM bright and sunny has not rain a drop !
They have spots save for all the s/s cars..

Come on down you sissy...weather man never right !

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/11/09 02:03 PM

Quote:

8:20 AM bright and sunny has not rain a drop !
They have spots save for all the s/s cars..

Come on down you sissy...weather man never right !

What about this ---------

http://radblast-mi.wunderground.com/cgi-...=0&smooth=0

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/11/09 03:49 PM

OK OK I just came from the track ! It is a rain out...will run tomorow !

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/11/09 04:13 PM

ok gang, good news bad news here in Pacemakers, bad news its raining, already pulled plug for today, good news we are running tomorrow Sunday July 12th.
Gates open at 8am, time trails start at 9am, our 2 shots will be at 10 am and i'm thinking 11:30ish for second run. They would like to get eliminations started at at least 1pm so we can get everybody on the road by 5pm. hope you can make this date if not i understand , been at this game for just a little bit and know there is schedules at home also.
Have a great Sat and stay out of the rain.

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/13/09 01:32 AM

Well on sunday July 12th we had sunny skies and a damn hot day! 20 cars showed up for the race. You would of thought it was a Chrysler race for sure as last 5 cars was all mopars.
Quarter Finals:
Zac Ross A/FCM over Mike DeChicco N/SS
Roy Dean N/SS over Jeff Ross G/SA
Albert Ross SS/KA Bye run

Semi Finals
Albert Ross SS/KA over Zac Ross A/FCM
Roy Dean N/SS Bye Run

Finals
Albert Ross SS/KA over Roy Dean N/SS

Thank you to all that came and raced, Next event is August 1st Xenia, Ohio, Kil Kare Dragway

Nitro Joe

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/13/09 01:52 AM

Joe thanks for having us..I think it would of been a real good time..neat show for sure..you will see us again
Posted By: jdfpam

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 07/13/09 02:12 AM

Wish we could have been there. I like that final 5. All mopars, one customer (MR Aruba), and 4 friends.

Good job to all!

Jeff Day

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 09/22/09 10:20 PM

Bump back up for the OCT 3 race

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 09/23/09 10:17 PM

Anyone going the weekend after next ????

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 09/24/09 12:50 AM

Quote:

Anyone going the weekend after next ????

I don't know yet..... Norwalk last week and MMW this week --- maybe.

Russ

Re: Att N/SS racers and CC Hemi class cars July 11th!!! - 09/24/09 01:00 AM

He told me they racing it both days sat and sun. gates open 7 am time trial at 8 if I am reading it right. sat is for the points and trophy and sun is just money. Jenni works on sun.so we are just doing the sat thing..
© 2024 Moparts Forums