Moparts

transbrake solenoid

Posted By: Lil Wedge

transbrake solenoid - 07/04/09 12:16 PM

Anyone ever have a transbrake solenoid give up on you? Can you hear your solenoid click. Ours quit and I checked power and ground and it works but you have to touch it to feel it and then it is so minor, I had to do it a couple times to be sure. A little weaker feel than a electrical relay. It's an A&A unit with lots of runs. I don't remember ever hearing the solenoid like a lot of my friends,but they have glides. This happened shortly after turning up the line pressure. It wouldn't hold over 3500 rpm,just push out.Checked Pressure and was 140 @2500, I raised it to 175, still didn't hold over 3500, and then shortly after it didn't work at all, no reverse or t- brake
Posted By: cudadon

Re: transbrake solenoid - 07/04/09 02:32 PM

Call Rick @ A&A he is very helpfull, knows what he is talking about!
Plus it's his solenoid. Don

Attached picture 5332384-meandbeekneeling.jpg

Re: transbrake solenoid - 07/04/09 05:01 PM

I talked to Rick on Wed. and He suggested I turn up the line pressure and call him back Friday, and I wasn't able to call him back. I don't think the line pressure caused the failure, I think it was coming anyway. I will probably just have to wait till monday and call him. Thanks Dan

Re: transbrake solenoid - 07/04/09 05:02 PM

By the way, beautiful Bee!!!!
Posted By: cudadon

Re: transbrake solenoid - 07/04/09 10:36 PM

Thanks, Rick is about as customer friendly/tech guy that you could ask for! Don

Attached picture 5333284-DSC00073.JPG
Posted By: rebel

Re: transbrake solenoid - 07/05/09 12:43 AM

the only mopar racers that i know who have had solenoid issues were using Griner brakes. i use to use a TA brake, with the engine off i could hear the solenoid click very easily from the pilots chair. now i have an A&A brake, it's real quiet, even have to gag the cat to hear it.

Re: transbrake solenoid - 07/05/09 01:00 AM

Thanks, I don't remember ever hearing this one either.It is pretty old,has a million runs on it, so I guess everything wears out sooner or later.
Posted By: Garceau

Re: transbrake solenoid - 07/05/09 01:58 AM

Anyone making a CO2 activated solenoid for the mopars yet?

I will let ya all figure out what the advantages of it are - there are 2 main ones.
© 2024 Moparts Forums