Moparts

Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year?

Posted By: Baxter61

Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 03:41 AM

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I havent seen one yet. We're 3 weeks out. Just trying to see whos gonna be there and what your running.
Posted By: 540CUDA

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 03:45 AM

I will if mr Porter comes thru, if not I have a backup car, but I need to buy slicks and a driveshaft loop for it.

Attached picture 5319231-cudawoodburn.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 03:55 AM

When is it? Any other info on the race woould be great..

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 03:59 AM

July 19th in Woodburn, Oregon. I believe racing starts at 9:00 am, eliminations start at 12:00 or 1:00. $35 to race if Im not mistaken. Car show and swap meet. You can find more at www.woodburndragstrip.com
Posted By: Forest

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 05:24 AM

I will be there racing Saturday and Sunday. Coming quick!
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 07:06 AM

This pile of crap is going back together as we speak. With a completely new Trans and the 4th new Thrust bearing since it was built in November.

So, I should be there after towing the 1000 miles. I have folks in the area and try to go to that race if I have a Car.

C A B, are you going?

Attached picture 5319392-MVC-002F.JPG
Posted By: Rodney

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 12:13 PM

We will be there, already have the motel rooms reserved. I just need to build the new engine, dyno it and get it back in the car.

Posted By: plumridiculous

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 01:29 PM

I be there, not sure witch car to bring as may pacer has a miss at high rpm. I'll find out if I have it cured at the arm drop race next weekend. If not will race my challenger.
The day before there is a all mopar car show in salem at chemeketa community college. I finished the under construction trophy. If interested in going check out pentastarpride.com

Attached picture 5319519-001425x320.jpg
Posted By: savoyracer

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 01:59 PM

Quote:

This pile of crap is going back together as we speak. With a completely new Trans and the 4th new Thrust bearing since it was built in November.

So, I should be there after towing the 1000 miles. I have folks in the area and try to go to that race if I have a Car.

C A B, are you going?

..................don't know if this applies to you. I had an issue with losing thrust bearings, and it was my convertor pushing on the flywheel, ever so slightly. Which in turn pushed the crank forward enough to wipe out the thrust bearing..........Planning on being in Woodburn for the race on Sunday........'63 savoy.....10:18 at 3800 DA
Posted By: greendart408

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 04:54 PM

My uncle and I will be there. My uncle has a b5 408 4spd duster and I will probably be making my licensing passes that day.

Attached picture 5319819-Bremerton4-Copy.JPG

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 08:24 PM

So here's another question for you guys. I have teammate who is a photography student. She takes really good pictures and action shots. Ive invited her down to come take like 1000 photos from the day. Would you guys be interested in buying photos or chipping in to cover her expenses?

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 09:43 PM

I would buy pictures.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/28/09 10:20 PM

Quote:

C A B, are you going?

I'm going to try, we have a family issue(distant relatives died with no will and huge mess in the house) in Seatle that I'm in charge of and it has to come first. I will really try, my daughters youngest son (16) is with now(for a few weeks) and likes racing so I will if I can
Posted By: RAT PATROL

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/29/09 03:02 PM

Back in black, just got it fired, will be there!

Attached picture 5321743-BURNOUT.JPG
Posted By: Rodney

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/29/09 03:07 PM

WE need good pictures of the 63
Posted By: w2stroker

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 06/30/09 01:03 PM

i'll be there. putting in a new converter this weekend, maybe i can get a wheels up picture lol

Attached picture 5323985-car2002.JPG

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/01/09 03:00 AM

Count me in this year.

Attached picture 5325769-T\'sCartiresup.jpg
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/01/09 03:57 AM

I'm a maybe at this point, Its the same Day as the NW nationals up here at pacific, and I might be getting some super dooper VIP treatment, so if that happens, I'll be watching the big boys.

Otherwise, hi ho, hi ho its off to Woodburn we go.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/01/09 04:14 AM

Well looks like a no go for me. I have a bracket race down here same weekend and I need the track time to set the car up for the following week.
Posted By: bbrobert

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/01/09 08:30 AM

I will be there in my heads up Duster if all goes well.Brand new combo thats just getting sorted out.

Attached picture 5326168-BeachandDonna020.jpg
Posted By: Classof70Chally

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/01/09 03:45 PM

Quote:

I'm a maybe at this point, Its the same Day as the NW nationals up here at pacific, and I might be getting some super dooper VIP treatment, so if that happens, I'll be watching the big boys.

Which NW Nationals is that at PIR? I heard the Mopar show was not happening!
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/01/09 05:22 PM

Quote:

PIR is Portland, Pacific is having the NHRA circus that weekend. I used to go to that show but it was obvious the racers were just there to make their passes and get back on the road, they never really seemed to care if they won or not and didn't seem to be trying. Speaking about the Pro classes here.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/03/09 11:37 PM

For what ever it's worth, a ballooning torque converter will wipe out thrust bearings. I solved the problem with a 3/8" billet front plate converter.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/04/09 03:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

PIR is Portland, Pacific is having the NHRA circus that weekend. I used to go to that show but it was obvious the racers were just there to make their passes and get back on the road, they never really seemed to care if they won or not and didn't seem to be trying. Speaking about the Pro classes here.

I can agree, I will sit in the stands and watch all the sportsman classes as well as pro stock. The Fuel and even Alcohol classes for that matter don't interest me much, and I generally go walk the pits during that time.
Posted By: blown360

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/05/09 08:45 AM

This guy should be making an appearance!

Attached picture 5334002-Barracuda.jpg
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/06/09 03:52 AM

some stuff came up so ill see ya next year i hope, have fun and be safe

Attached picture 5335663-scampleap940x620.jpg
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/11/09 01:11 AM

Well, drove the Valiant today out in the 100 deg heat. No leaks and no overheating etc. So, next time I drive her will be into the back of the trailer for the long pull up to Oregon. I will leaving Thursday morning about 5AM. I will take 2 days to drive up (and back).

Attached picture 5345358-MATS5.jpg
Posted By: Junky

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/11/09 05:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

For clarification, Saturday July 18th there is the all Mopar car show in Salem (15 miles south of Woodburn) at Chameketa Community College. The show is put on by the Pentastar Pride Car Club. www.pentastarpride.com for more info. July 19th is the Mopar Nationals at Woodburn dragstrip, with it's own Mopar car show too. www.woodburndragstrip.com

To get to Chemeketa Community College, take the Market Street Exit at Salem off I-5, head east about a 1/3 of a mile to Lacaster Drive and take a left heading north. Chemeketa Commuity College is about 1.5 miles north (about 1/3 mile north of Silverton Road) on the east side of Lancaster Drive.

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/14/09 05:50 AM

It looks like I will get to take the Duster out to this race, I just got back from doing the family business(deceased relatives estate management problems, ) this evening so the car gets the rest of the weeks attention, hopefully I plan on removing the exhaust system and putting on a set of slicks(the exhaust doesn't clear this set of slicks ), treat it like a real race car instead of a pump gas streeter at the track Stop by and say hello, 1971 Duster, competion number 678, truck is a 2006 Dodge RAM 3500 four door 4 WD, single wheel rear, brilliant red with a white 24 ft. Pace enclosed trailer with a blue Yamamha generator on the tongue that is noisty when running

Attached picture 5351332-MVC-045S.JPG

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/14/09 01:10 PM

Quote:

It looks like I will get to take the Duster out to this race, I just got back from doing the family business(deceased relatives estate management problems, ) this evening so the car gets the rest of the weeks attention, hopefully I plan on removing the exhaust system and putting on a set of slicks(the exhaust doesn't clear this set of slicks ), treat it like a real race car instead of a pump gas streeter at the track Stop by and say hello, 1971 Duster, competion number 678, truck is a 2006 Dodge RAM 3500 four door 4 WD, single wheel rear, brilliant red with a white 24 ft. Pace enclosed trailer with a blue Yamamha generator on the tongue that is noisty when running

...................................Glad to see that you can make it Cab, was wanting to stop by and say hello.
Posted By: toddd

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/14/09 03:37 PM

How is the track prep?. I thought I read in the past the track was "poor" to say the least.

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/14/09 04:21 PM

The track prep on Friday night is not good, Saturday and Sunday are a lot better

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/14/09 11:25 PM

I am racing Sat. and Sun. anyone else? Can you run open exhaust at Woodburn?

I am also racing tomorrow night (Wed.) at PIR.
Posted By: Runner

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 12:03 AM

Quote:

where are you from? i dont reconize the car and being from south east washington id think we woulda raced together.

im sad to say but this will be the second year in a row that i missed. i was going to try and make it over to watch but things just didnt work out.

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 02:02 AM

Quote:

absolutely No noise regulations yet
Posted By: 540CUDA

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 03:26 AM

Im out again this year. No engine for the yellow car, no slicks for the purple car. Oh well. Next year maybe Ill have something together in time. Good luck and safe racing to all those who go.

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 03:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

where are you from? i dont reconize the car and being from south east washington id think we woulda raced together.

im sad to say but this will be the second year in a row that i missed. i was going to try and make it over to watch but things just didnt work out.

I am from the Tri-Cities. I have raced with you years ago at Bonanza Raceway, I think.

I plan to make it to Spokane later in the year, maybe I'll catch ya there.
Posted By: 5280Dart

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 03:54 AM

A tri-cities transplant here... I think I will try to make it down there for this one. It would be only the second time I have run the car somewhere other than Denver. Looks like I am in for back surgery soon, so I better get some runs in while I can.

Attached picture 5353350-f807f262.jpg
Posted By: 440mag

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 03:57 AM

I will be there as a spectator.
Posted By: mopar_leaner

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 05:11 AM

Forest, are you going?
Posted By: RAT PATROL

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 01:28 PM

You can make as much noise as you are able. Great facility, tons of history there(Mom), great corn dogs. That track crew works very hard to prep that track. We'll see if the bully S/FX shows up, we are 1 and 1.

Attached picture 5353813-RATPATROL.JPG
Posted By: RebelDart

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/15/09 07:19 PM

I'll be there for both events (Salem and Woodburn) Flying out from Jacksonville Florida in a couple hours. I try to plan my vacation home around this weekend. Bet I get the prize for longest distance traveled to the events!
Posted By: 440mag

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/16/09 02:00 AM

Quote:

Forest, are you going?

He will be there Rex. Are you going?
Posted By: viperblue72

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/16/09 06:32 PM

Ill be there! Unfortunately only as a spectator. It almost as much fun watching and being able to roam freely, not having to tend to my vehicle all day. Ill say howdy to those of you I remember.
Posted By: mopar_leaner

Re: Mopar Nats at Woodburn, OR, who's going this year? - 07/18/09 07:24 AM

Yes Paul, and I just watch Dana shake down his duster today!
© 2024 Moparts Forums