Moparts

Martin, MI got questions

Posted By: VernMotor

Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 12:51 AM

Is this a sat and sun points race both days ? I see they are not listing it as ? not listed for Fri-night also ? anyone know ??

Do you guys have any idea what you have done to my wife and Kid over these races !!!! Costing me money LOL I said no way to pittsburg or martin..You see where I was ! Now just tonight I geting the (we realy should go ) And my wife is reading the board here now...It all you guys fraut....
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 12:54 AM

Vern
I am going,,,,my Mom lives about 30 mintutes from the track,,,so,,going to visit,,and do some racing,,,see ya there...........
(running at PINKS the week before this @ Martin)........
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 01:07 AM

Vern, I'm not sure on the 2-day points.

They show Friday night as their regular TNT and have
always let us stay over Friday night.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 01:21 AM

Vern, in the past it is Friday TNT only with no gamblers race, Saturday time trials only, 10.0 race, and box and no box gamblers, and sunday points race. No need to go till Saturday morning if you are an early riser. It will take you about 5.5 hours to get there roughly.
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 01:26 AM

Guys running Pro might want to come Friday to find a spot on the tree.
I always have to add time to my box at Martin.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 01:30 AM

I've drug my family into it so why should you get off scott free. Looks like I'll see you guys in Mich.
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 01:55 AM

Pap and I are thinking about trying to make it whats the camping situation like? showers?
Posted By: DblOJoe

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 01:56 AM

No showers but you can stay at the track.

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 02:16 AM

Quote:

Pap and I are thinking about trying to make it whats the camping situation like? showers?

Just say the word
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 02:23 AM

Quote:

Do you guys have any idea what you have done to my wife and Kid over these races !!!! Costing me money LOL I said no way to pittsburg or martin..You see where I was ! Now just tonight I geting the (we realy should go ) And my wife is reading the board here now...It all you guys fraut....

I don't think we have anything to do with them wanting to go ------ it's Jenni that wants the "RING" Hope to see you all there

Russ

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 02:46 AM

Quote:

I don't think we have anything to do with them wanting to go ------ it's Jenni that wants the "RING" Hope to see you all there

Russ

I don't know about you but I was over there
Posted By: ksj

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 03:40 AM

Quote:

Is this a sat and sun points race both days ? I see they are not listing it as ? not listed for Fri-night also ? anyone know ??

Never your fault is it

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 09:20 PM

So what the motel/hotel deal up there ??

Anything else I need to know about this track..

Short shut down? cliff at the end LOL...does it hook good ? whats tech like ? what the pits like ? dirt ? I been told it is a nice track ?
Posted By: eddie_ccevents

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 09:37 PM

Hotel Motel about 15 mins away.
Track is smooth with long shut down.
Friday Night Test and Tune is the Tracks Test and Tune you will have to buy a tech card from them.
Saturday 2 time trials Gamblers Race Legal Hemi Shootout.
Sunday 1 time trial and Points race.
Make sure to bring Deep Wood Out the bugs up there are the worst you will be itching for a weeks after you leave if you don't.

Attached picture 5316893-MartinFront09.jpg
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 09:42 PM

Quote:

So what the motel/hotel deal up there ??

Anything else I need to know about this track..

Short shut down? cliff at the end LOL...does it hook good ? whats tech like ? what the pits like ? dirt ? I been told it is a nice track ?

Its the nicest racing surface you will have ever raced on, smoother than Norwalk. Much longer shutdown.

The portion where the sportsman racers will pit is grass, a few near the front have electrical, most dont.
Motel wise, look in Kalamazoo for one, there isnt much of anything near the track, Kalamazoo is 20 minutes from the track with many motels. You want to get something close to US131 if you can(should be easy, there are a number of them).

Tech usually checks belts and helmets and gives a car a quick lookover.

Hook is generally excellent for any "event" they have like this, it can sometimes be iffy on Test and tune nights, but the last couple of years even that has been solid.

I dont know of a nicer "racing surface" in the midwest than 131.. norwalk has showers and way more pavement, but racing surface wise, nothing compares to 131.And the burnout box is way longer than Norwalk, you dont have to worry coming out of the water about going across the starting line.

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 09:48 PM

OK great Info...and I love the (come get wild ) Bill seen that yet !! LOL

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 09:49 PM

I don't thank he has seen it YET.

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 09:52 PM

Quote:

Friday Night Test and Tune is the Tracks Test and Tune you will have to buy a tech card from them.
Make sure to bring Deep Wood Out the bugs up there are the worst you will be itching for a weeks after you leave if you don't.

I have raced up there for the past 10-12 years and dont think i have ever been bitten by anything, even after rainstorms, skeeters or anything else.If i ever have, i dont remember.

I assume you must have been kidding

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 10:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have raced up there for the past 10-12 years and dont think i have ever been bitten by anything, even after rainstorms, skeeters or anything else.If i ever have, i dont remember.

I think the skeeters pick on the Buckeyes trying to make up for the Wovlerines. I had bits on my ankles for weeks after last year.

Attached picture 5316930-MartinFront09.jpg

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 10:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think the skeeters pick on the Buckeyes trying to make up for the Wovlerines. I had bits on my ankles for weeks after last year.

I think its more your just sweet Eddie

Lots if us Michiganders are Michigan State fans, and hate the Wolverines as much as the Buckeyes do...Count me as part of that

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 10:12 PM

I thought is was the sweet thing I just didn't want to say it but I am glad you did. Thanks
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/26/09 10:37 PM

Quote:

I thought is was the sweet thing I just didn't want to say it nut I am glad you did. Thanks

It's not Eddie, I got the crap bit out of my ankles by those stupid skeeters last year.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/27/09 02:06 AM

Too bad my Mom doesnt have a bigger place,,,,she is near Kalamazoo,,,,30 minutes from the track....I am staying there...
If she had more space,,,everyone could "camp" out there,,,she is on Christie lake,,,jet ski's,,,pon-toon boat,,,etc,,
I am going to commute back and forth,,,If she has some extra space,,,you guys are welcome...I will ask her..i'll supply the beer....

Sounds like a nice track.

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/27/09 02:56 AM

Quote:

I just did

All I can saw is WOW and Eddy,

Only other thing I can add about this track is they don't have (or didn't have) an air compresser.

If any one needs air to fill their tires or air tank just stop by.
Posted By: ksj

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/27/09 04:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I just did

All I can saw is WOW and Eddy,

Only other thing I can add about this track is they don't have (or didn't have) an air compresser.

If any one needs air to fill their tires or air tank just stop by.

Air tank? Jamie is pitting next to you?

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/27/09 04:31 AM

Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Martin, MI got questions - 06/27/09 12:09 PM

Quote:

Vern,you sound like me. Mom and girls do the same to me. Wife starting to read the board and leave message also. We will be there also. Check out Motel 6 we stayed there last year not far and price was about $45.00 a night. They have a pool if I remember also. I agree nice track and nice sit up. We enjoy going to Martin.
© 2024 Moparts Forums