Moparts

Finally got the car out......Update Video Added

Posted By: 408strokerdart

Finally got the car out......Update Video Added - 06/21/09 03:58 PM

Took the car out to Crandall, TX last night and made some initial passes. Just made some "baby" passes with it only running to the 1/8th mile. I had the belt off the vac pump to seat the rings and never even pulled the motor over 7k rpm. Made one small air pressure adjustment and raised the launch rpm a little then found that the throttle was opening only about 65 to 70%. Still got some wheels up passes and went 6.31 at 109 with a 1.38 60'. There is alot more left in this combo, but it was a good night and we came home in one piece with nothing broken. I am still amazed how straight and easy to drive this car is. The last pass I ran it to about 1100ft and even at 130mph it drives like a Caddy. I will try to get some video up soon. Also want to thank member Chgrcuda for coming over just to help me put the hood on....he drooled over my dart then I drooled all over his new SRT8 Chally.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/21/09 04:04 PM

Congrats on getting it to the track Brian....sounds like there's quite a bit more to come....

Now...go put a whoopin on that brother of yours...

Rickster
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/21/09 04:13 PM

Glad to hear you finally got her out there. Now you can start to get her dialed in and showing her true potential. Good luck!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/21/09 05:20 PM

Congrats on getting her out
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/21/09 05:26 PM

Quote:

Took the car out to Crandall, TX last night and made some initial passes. Just made some "baby" passes with it only running to the 1/8th mile. I had the belt off the vac pump to seat the rings and never even pulled the motor over 7k rpm. Made one small air pressure adjustment and raised the launch rpm a little then found that the throttle was opening only about 65 to 70%. Still got some wheels up passes and went 6.31 at 109 with a 1.38 60'. There is alot more left in this combo, but it was a good night and we came home in one piece with nothing broken. I am still amazed how straight and easy to drive this car is. The last pass I ran it to about 1100ft and even at 130mph it drives like a Caddy. I will try to get some video up soon. Also want to thank member Chgrcuda for coming over just to help me put the hood on....he drooled over my dart then I drooled all over his new SRT8 Chally.

Glad to be of help Bryan. Sounds like you're off to a great start. I have to say that your car is probably the best thought out and engineered car I have seen. I think 5's are in your very near future.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/21/09 05:29 PM

very cool hows that house fuse working for you? I have a squareD box you can use if it's not big enough.

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/21/09 11:04 PM

Ok, my turn guys. Can someone PM me with instructions for uploading video? Video was shot with a Sony if that makes any difference....I think it puts it in some funky format.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/21/09 11:24 PM

Glad you got it out.

Save the movie with moviemaker as a .wmv file and upload it to youtube. I have also used a program that came with my camera called "ulead" I like it better than MS moviemaker. If you don't have an account there I could put it there for you.

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/21/09 11:47 PM

Quote:

Glad you got it out.

Save the movie with moviemaker as a .wmv file and upload it to youtube. I have also used a program that came with my camera called "ulead" I like it better than MS moviemaker. If you don't have an account there I could put it there for you.

I can't open the files with any options available in moviemaker. It doesn't recognize any of the formats unless I select "all files" and then it says it can't open. Any other suggestions?

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 12:01 AM

Pull it from the camera with movie maker instead of trying to reformat the file?
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 01:24 AM

Way to go Brian Nice to see your finally getting it ready to go. Now the pressure will be on to join the Smack Dog Team on their cross country racing rampage

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 04:12 AM

Video of break in passes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyzTgBXLIg0
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 04:35 AM

Looking good Bro. Did I a .002 light on the second pass Car definitly has more in it and should be capable of planting it on the rear bumper.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 05:02 AM

Very nice. Good first outing for that strong combo. Ron
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: Finally got the car out......Update Video Added - 06/22/09 05:08 AM

Very cool! Engine sounds awesome.What are the engine specs,If you don't mind me asking? Matt
Posted By: goldmember

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 05:28 AM

Sweet!!!
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 06:56 AM

Love the color combo and the car sounds killer... Congrats!

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 09:57 AM

Glad you got the vid working Sounds great
Posted By: Moparmal

Re: Finally got the car out......Update Video Added - 06/22/09 10:22 AM

Quote:

Very cool! Engine sounds awesome.What are the engine specs,If you don't mind me asking? Matt

Ditto...be nice to know what RPM its making peak power at?...sounds awesome on the idle...

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 12:12 PM

Quote:

Looking good Bro. Did I a .002 light on the second pass Car definitly has more in it and should be capable of planting it on the rear bumper.

Yeah Lonnie, I didn't use the delay box at all. I was using my long throw button off the bottom bulb. 1st pass ever using that set up was a guess and produced a .052 (I think), shortened the throw some and threw down a double 0. Should be killer in pro. I will get the box dialed in next time. I couldn't find my tubing to connect the bottle to the air shifter so I had to manually shift it.....almost forgot how fun it is to pull the gears myself.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 12:14 PM

Great 1st day out!!

Re: Finally got the car out......Update Video Added - 06/22/09 12:17 PM

Quote:

417" R3 short deck, W8 Coleman heads, 16:1 compression, big bullet roller, Quickfuel 1050 dominator on single cast intake. There is no junk parts in this engine. Should make some real nice runs when it is sorted out.

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 12:22 PM

Quote:

Congrats on getting it to the track Brian....sounds like there's quite a bit more to come....

Rickster

Hey Rickster, I'm going to keep the to a minimum untill I have a (W) under my belt. I should be ready for lil bro by September at Norwalk or the Monster Mopar weekend.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 12:51 PM

Sounds great.... good first outting
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 01:50 PM

I'm glad you finally made it out Brian. Sounds good.

Norwalk + September = Low E.T.

I hope we both make it.

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 01:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Hey Rickster, I'm going to keep the to a minimum untill I have a (W) under my belt. I should be ready for lil bro by September at Norwalk or the Monster Mopar weekend.

I think that would probably be a very good idea on your part. I be putting a hurtin on you
Posted By: FASTFISH420

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 03:02 PM

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 03:07 PM

Quote:

417" R3 short deck, W8 Coleman heads, 16:1 compression, big bullet roller, Quickfuel 1050 dominator on single cast intake. There is no junk parts in this engine. Should make some real nice runs when it is sorted out.

Another thumbs up on the sound at idle, sounds like a beast! Nice engine combo!
Posted By: BEEQUIK

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 03:46 PM

That thing sounds killer.I know its been a long time coming and it sounds like it was worth the wait!VERY nice.What size rear wheel/tire do you have and how far did you stretch the qtr. panel?
Posted By: moparman89

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 03:55 PM

racecar

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 04:25 PM

Quote:

That thing sounds killer.I know its been a long time coming and it sounds like it was worth the wait!VERY nice.What size rear wheel/tire do you have and how far did you stretch the qtr. panel?

15X10 Alumastar with 29.5X10.5 (spec tire for class). Wheel wells were sliced and diced 3" to allow for 31X10.5W outlaw tire. I didn't want to do it twice, plus it opens up some other tire options.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 04:56 PM

Hey brian..Don't let him BS you..they had a new nick name for him this weekend...Buy Back Boy !!!!LMAO...was way to funny !
Posted By: TexasStroker

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 05:35 PM

Awesome!

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 05:41 PM

Quote:

Hey brian..Don't let him BS you..they had a new nick name for him this weekend...Buy Back Boy !!!!LMAO...was way to funny !

He forgot to mention his trip(s) to "Buy-back Mountain".
Posted By: lenweiler

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 05:58 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 08:19 PM

Quote:

Oh my ----------- I guess he thought no one would see that good one Vern
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 10:38 PM

Did I read that right?

Am I gonna get to see that thing @ Norwalk?

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 10:53 PM

Quote:

Did I read that right?

That is the plan Bill. Hope the plan stays the same.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 11:27 PM

Don't read my sig then

I hope you make it
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/22/09 11:51 PM

looking good smallblocks the best

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/23/09 01:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh my ----------- I guess he thought no one would see that good one Vern

No buybacks needed with the Big Car, just my footbtakin car, I was definetly not driving the stripe well at all. I lost rnd 1 in Pro both sat and sunday and both days i had the tree .011/.027, then in sportsman really took a beating Saturday and went stupid late in rnd 1 bought back and lost a decent race against BGR Earl Hall. Sunday action I went good on tree rnd 1 .041 and crushed my opponent and rnd 2 another holeshot loss .04? light and took too much stripe for breakout. My problem was driving down track I lost 7 times this weekend with a better reaction time.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Finally got the car out (video to come) - 06/23/09 01:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Did I read that right?

That is the plan Bill. Hope the plan stays the same.

Me too!
Posted By: mopars rule

Re: Finally got the car out......Update Video Added - 06/23/09 02:50 AM

Not only does it run good, but it sounds mean too.

Re: Finally got the car out......Update Video Added - 06/23/09 03:04 PM

Anyone see anything wrong with the launch, other than going right slightly? I will add just a touch of pre-load to the right side bar to correct that. I am also surprised that nobody commented on my new chrome front bumper.....without the bumper bolts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums