Posted By: cudarex

Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 09:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFtEw7G40nw
Posted By: JimG

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 09:50 PM

That's priceless!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 09:55 PM

Love the way the camper shell rear door flips open when he floors it!
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 10:09 PM

THAT IS SWEET!!!
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 10:13 PM

now thats just bad to the bone!!!

it a wonder the camper even stays on there and has a back glass in it

that horn makes the ride

scatchin
Posted By: chryco

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 10:16 PM

Love it ! That camper`s a classic !
Posted By: BBR

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 10:19 PM

That's the event in Elk City OK.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 10:25 PM

That's not even a racetrack! They have a waterbox and christmas tree set up on a public street with some rope to keep the spectators back.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 10:25 PM

Nice!
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 10:33 PM

It runs 10.50's in other videos and the rear flys open everytime... Awsome
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 11:15 PM

That's pretty cool, but there sure is a lot of similarities between another certain "event" that had a tragic ending.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 11:27 PM

There's better pics of it here
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/18/09 11:46 PM

It's funny and all that stuff but, I hate when people bring piles of crap like that to the track and drop dirt, mud, etc all over

Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:03 AM

I agree, but by the looks of it, its pretty much a race truck cloned to a farm truck, its pretty serious drivetrain wise.

Id love to do that to my uncles old 65 dodge HPP 426 wedge truck, but its worth WAY too much to hack up.
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:08 AM

Right at the end of the video I think I see a cop car with its doors open on the right.
Posted By: hemiiroc

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:15 AM

Quote:

It's funny and all that stuff but, I hate when people bring piles of crap like that to the track and drop dirt, mud, etc all over

Far from a piece of crap. Purpose built sleeper for street racing & has won LOTS of money with it. He's also the one who makes pimpjuice traction compound for all the cash days street racers.
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:23 AM

Quote:

Dad, did you look at the pics posted? it's very sano just a trash bag wrapper.. doubt it drops anything on the track
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:30 AM

Quote:

Right at the end of the video I think I see a cop car with its doors open on the right.

you did...clearly some sort of organized event, looks like they're giving them a 1/8 or so to run, and I didn't see anyone along the street much past the "start line" other than the cop car.

that's totally different than a street lined with people, along a parade route.

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:34 AM

"that's totally different than a street lined with people, along a parade route. "

Until someone goes out of control and kills himself or someone else. Then all the lawsuits and questions come out.
Posted By: knyech1

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:50 AM

Hilarious!!
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:51 AM

Quote:

"that's totally different than a street lined with people, along a parade route. "

Until someone goes out of control and kills himself or someone else. Then all the lawsuits and questions come out.

I agree going that fast it could get ugly in no time, then it all starts again with "how and why did this happen" just should'nt be done period
Posted By: MoparJoe

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 01:07 AM

That's like my friend Gabe's old truck, 71 C10 longbed with a 572" talldeck with big chiefs and a JW billet case glide, the motor/trans went 7.70's in a tube chassis Chevelle.

He only ran it on the street and made some decent $$ with it, he had a 400hp fogger also but I don't think he ever used it against anyone as it probably ran 11.20's on motor alone.
Posted By: MAVERICKSHEMI

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 01:08 AM

I have told my wife a 100 times to leave my work truck alone
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 01:48 AM

That is cool as hell!I love them running on the street.That's how it should be.Lenny
Posted By: cudarex

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 02:36 AM

How many Pinks has this guy been in?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5oftRgd9VY&NR=1
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 02:40 AM

Quote:

Posted By: DusterKrazy

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 05:55 AM

I really like this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nx0qodmcOw
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 06:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree going that fast it could get ugly in no time, then it all starts again with "how and why did this happen" just should'nt be done period

how many times did you street race when you were younger ? NONE ?

man.... i did a TON ...0 injuries , 0 deaths.

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 12:09 PM

"how many times did you street race when you were younger ? NONE ?

man.... i did a TON ...0 injuries , 0 deaths."

Hey, it's a cool vid and a cool truck. Not questioning that. Just bringing up a point.

And I did ALOT of street racing with the same results as you, but that doesn't mean it is right or safe. I also don't do it anymore. And it only takes 1 death or injury to really mess up several people's lives.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/19/09 01:43 PM

Quote:

Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/20/09 01:12 PM

That guy came to the midnight drags in Tulsa OK several years ago. He used to have a helmet with a spike on top of it and he made his passes with the dog in the truck lol.

I remember walking past it in the line and just glancing at it(wasn't horribly out of place at the midnights lol). He fired the fuel pumps to move in line and I had to go back and take another look. That truck with the sound of 2000hp worth of electric pumps got me curious lol. I hung around to watch them tech it and got to see a peek under the hood .
Posted By: moparmattkos

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/20/09 01:26 PM

This is a very cool truck i talked to this guy for a few minutes at the pinks all out in memphis in the pits. That thing has 2 15# nos bottles mounted behind the seat. Also its hard to see in the video but when it leaves it carries the drivers side wheel like 2 feet off the ground for about 100 feet lol
Posted By: 446acuda

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/22/09 01:01 AM

Mopart's own quickd100 has a truck that is faster and just as much as a sleeper
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/22/09 02:26 AM

Wasn't there a Dodge truck at the Mopar Nationals about 5 years ago. Ladder rack, company logo on the door with a small block doing some killer times?
Posted By: demon440

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/22/09 03:15 AM

Yes I believe it was biege colored.
Very cool.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/22/09 08:55 AM

That is soo cool. You don't even notice the weight box cause the whole back-half is so well disguised.

I feel like taking my truck of epay and dropping in a stroker motor and go local track. Dang, even the train whistle is badazz!
Posted By: 300by500

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/22/09 12:06 PM

Quote:

Wasn't there a Dodge truck at the Mopar Nationals about 5 years ago. Ladder rack, company logo on the door with a small block doing some killer times?

Yep. Roll cage tubes went through the tool box where the NO2 bottles were hidden......
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/22/09 01:16 PM

I like his plates....ZZZZZZZ
Posted By: 446acuda

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/22/09 01:31 PM

Quote:

Yeah and it was in MCG too. SB with some spray IIRC, an overdrive A833 and backbraced 8-3/4. In the 11's and still used as a work truck.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Talk about a sleeper!! - 06/22/09 02:06 PM

I don't like Chevys at all, but I like THAT ONE!
© 2024 Moparts Forums