Moparts

Thegreathelmetauction

Posted By: allen johnson

Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 05:28 PM

Please go bid on the rare Mopar helmet donated by me and signed by all the mopar great. Only 20 minutes left. Thegreathelmetauction.com, hurry!
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 05:54 PM

It would have been nice to posted this a few days ago, and supplied a good link..
Posted By: BBR

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 05:56 PM

linky

http://www.greathelmetauction.com/
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 06:55 PM

No offense but aren`t most of the PRO guys high roller, well funded race teams. Now they`re looking for a $$$ bailout also.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 08:14 PM

Helmet replica???
Posted By: Dart Racer

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 09:38 PM

This isn't a bailout for the drivers......

"Winning bids will benefit PRO, a trade organization providing services and other benefits to professional drag racing team owners and drivers; with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Racers for Christ (Team RFC), an organization which has been servicing NHRA for over 25 years."

Ashleys helmet went for just under $10K!!!!! Even Johns only went for around $6K...

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 09:51 PM

My point was the PRO guys, mainly the team owners have pretty dreep pockets.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 10:24 PM

looks like Ashleys helmet was by far the biggest atraction. $9500!
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 10:29 PM

Quote:

So I guess because some people have deep pockets others should no support a good cause?
Besides how do you know how much they may have already given.

Why is everyone so negative
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/16/09 10:37 PM

Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 10:44 PM

Anyone who has ever met Allen in person would agree,he is a heck of good guy.
For what it's worth,I have seen him respond to his posts on here in the past,maybe not every one,but at least some.
Posted By: Runner

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 10:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So I guess because some people have deep pockets others should no support a good cause?
Besides how do you know how much they may have already given.

Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/16/09 11:56 PM

Quote:

Probably because those of us in the middle-lower class are tired of the 'wealthy side' of this country spending and spending without regard then asking us to have compassion and understand when they need more.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/17/09 12:12 AM

I'm betting that even in the state of the current economy,most of us are not down or destitute,might not be as well off as in the past,but not out on the street or homeless. (just reading the posts and threads on this board will back that up)It never hurts to give a little to help someone else,it will always come back to you.

As far as Allen answering posts,I'm sure he's busy with the pro stock car,running his business and having time with his family.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/17/09 01:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Probably because those of us in the middle-lower class are tired of the 'wealthy side' of this country spending and spending without regard then asking us to have compassion and understand when they need more.

Think of that next time you see someone who has less than you and ask him how he feels about the middle lower class.

Sorry to highjack but someone told me save a little give a litttle spend a little and everthing will be fine.

Jimmy
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/17/09 02:06 AM

I guess,in hindsight,it wasn't his post he responded to,but one started ABOUT him that I was thinking of.
Last year several members here wanted to try and help sponsor him and he responded to the post saying he wanted to have us keep our money.
I guess that makes him a jerk or something.
Oh well,I still like him,everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/17/09 03:02 AM

I was in no way directing my comment towards Allen Johnson....always seemed like a class act to me from what I've seen on tv and at National Events. I'm simply commenting why people may be a little negative about bidding on a helmet for as much as they are going for. Simply my opinion, to each their own.

Re: Thegreathelmetauction - 06/17/09 01:48 PM

Read the post: Benefits team owners and drivers. A few years go my wife worked for an organization that provided counseling and support to parents/families of kids with cancer, at Xmas time I would help her deliever donated gifts to these kids as young as 2 on up to 16 seeing these kids breaks your heart and I would leave fighting back tears that my friends is a worthwhile cause along with hundreds of others, St Judes Hospital, American Cancer Society etc. Negative maybe, But IMO, IMO, IMO, these are more worthwhile causes and a lot more important than race team owners and drivers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums