Moparts

Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG?

Posted By: Scamp451

Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG? - 06/12/09 02:49 AM

I am told the Ultrabell makes the pump leak no matter what since the pump bolts hold it in place, and they also vibrte loose. If I use the adapter plate, it may have to be trimmed down a lot for header clearance which is no big deal, but not crazy about having to cut the factory GM bellhousing to fit the starter, unless there is a starter I could use that would eliminate the . Both seem to have +'s and -'s, just looking for some opinions based on actual experience. The UB just seems to be a much cleaner approach, and I already have a case that is cut.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG? - 06/12/09 02:55 AM

I just put a ultra bell/power glide behind a big block in a dart.

No leaks or problems what so ever.

I was going to use a ATI adapter plate but the starter location was right where the drag link was on my 68 Dart...

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG? - 06/12/09 02:56 AM

I have done both...if you are gonna use a plate use an adapter version, mine is from TCI. That way you can run a GM tranny, read less money. The starter is an issue unless you either one cut the nose off a Mopar mini starter or run something like a Powermaster. I had a stock mini with no nose, it got dropped off my tool box so I had a Powermaster and installed it. The bells can leak and many do, but IMO it is from improper installation or not using orings to seal it. FWIW I have a removable Ultrabell on my glides.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/12/09 02:58 AM

Posted By: PlumCrazyCharger

Re: Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG? - 06/12/09 03:01 AM

We have 3 PG with JW ultra bells and 1 with a Reid case. No problems with any of them. Fit great and no leaks ever.

Sean

Attached picture 5287498-P4260338.JPG
Posted By: wesw

Re: Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG? - 06/12/09 03:02 AM

i have a complete J.W. trans in my car. i have never had the bell housing come loose or the front pump leak. it's nine years old now. we just freshen the trans once a year. go with the ultra bell
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG? - 06/12/09 03:04 AM

I have a Ultrabell for my glide for my BB... I have
finished my engine so I havent used it yet
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG? - 06/12/09 04:48 AM

I use a JW bell on my turbo 400. No problems or leaks here. As for a starter i use a autoparts store durango one.
Posted By: rtstreet

Re: Ultrabell or adapter plate for PG? - 06/12/09 04:56 AM

i have used both with no problems, and have two brand new adapter kits with bolts and fly wheels, spacers, etc. all new 175.00 plus shipping or i would bring to a race. 615-573-2738

Attached picture 5287724-summit004small.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums