Moparts

Tears in your eyes!!!

Posted By: Jeepmon

Tears in your eyes!!! - 06/07/09 03:00 PM

One race away from the money, going up against the defending track champion and I pulled an -.006 red light..

It made me wanna cry
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/07/09 03:02 PM

Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Tears in your eyes!!! - 06/07/09 03:47 PM

would you have beat him if you didnt go red? been there done that
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Tears in your eyes!!! - 06/08/09 12:22 AM

Quote:

would you have beat him if you didnt go red? been there done that

Upon further review of the slow mo video, the car crept forward as I was loading the suspension.. That little bit of forward roll was all it took to go red..

At the stripe, I could have easily played the fender game for the win.. So yes, I believe it was my race to win.. or lose..
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Tears in your eyes!!! - 06/08/09 12:26 AM

Damn Don, that's too bad. I saw your car run yesterday and it was looking good. I like when your sitting at the light and the whole rear of the car goes up when your launching it. Are you loading up the convertor?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Tears in your eyes!!! - 06/08/09 02:42 AM

I know your pain. Last pass I made in Pro at RT66 I was dead-on with a 2. Unfortunately, I was also -.015 red. The other car was 2 tenths off with electrical problems.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Tears in your eyes!!! - 06/08/09 04:24 AM

Thats racing. Everyone does it, Personally I have now lost 1 round out of the money 5 times so far this year. Redlight, Breakout, Missing the tree, taking too much stripe, I've done it all, and if you haven't, you will.

Bottom line, keep having fun Don!

Dustin
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Tears in your eyes!!! - 06/08/09 11:57 AM

Ouch, that sucks when its over before you start...I made it to the money round at ORP this weekend with the new motor and got a bye run to the quarter finals because of I did a bad job at red lighting in the previous round…I cut a perfect .000 ….I lost in the quarter finals with a sleepy .076, but it was a blast!
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Tears in your eyes!!! - 06/08/09 01:47 PM

Been there, Done that! Saturday I was consistent in time shots 11.516.11.512, dialed 11.52 went 11.528 opp 078,12.08 on 12.17 dial but I was -024 red every loss hurts when you run for points. Two weeks in a row,not including this week I had a bye run into the third round but there were an even # of cars. So at least I had lane choice.

Attached File
© 2024 Moparts Forums