Moparts

Final decision on aftermarket front suspension

Posted By: stevehiss

Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 12:09 PM

hi guys i finally got it narrowed down to two choices

LRT and ALTERKATION

any helpful advice to help me make my decision.i have basic tools so i don't want to have to do any fab work.

on a side note any experience with MENDEZ MOTORSPORTS (his motor won pinks all out) and RADS RACING HEADS (heads on winning motor) would be appreciated
Posted By: Rodney

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 12:26 PM

I was pleased with the alterktion front end from Riley Motor sports, the only fab I had to do since the steering coming through the fire was was not stock was to build a support for the steering shaft to the rack and get a longer steering shaft and u-joint. This front end bolted on the 63 with no problem what soever.
Alterktion front end images here!
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 12:28 PM

my 2

the alter k is square tube
the LRT is round tube

if i was gonna put one on my car i would go for the LRT

a racing buddy i know "LEE on the board"has one on his duster and it runs 130 mph trap speeds with ease

also another board member "cudadon" has one that i have personally seen run and it is also dead stable at 130 mph plus

the guy who makes them has a mid 7 sec car that he built so you can have confidence he knows his stuff

plus the round tube front looks trick as hell

mendez motorsports did my motor too
last year i went to 4 cc events and won money at 3
sat in the rain at us 131
last time out at rte 66 ran a 10.12,10.11,10.11,and a 10.12 back to back

rads racing heads and mendez motorsports are good friends so you can't go wrong with these guys. i'm sure there is some rads racing heads in my motor.
Posted By: Rodney

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 12:52 PM

the best ET with the 63 Dodge after a dozen or so passes on the 1/4 track 9.92 best MPH 135.34
Very stable at these speeds.
Either product will be a vast improvement over the OEM parts and no torsion bars to deal with.
Good luck with your upgrade
Posted By: scottb

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 12:58 PM

Have you ck out Bondobobs stuff very nice also and right in Ohio
Posted By: Scotts71chall

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 01:19 PM

Why did you rule out magnum force k-frame?
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 02:25 PM

I run an alterkation and really like it because of the weight drop and the elimination of the torsion bars. Frees up all kinds of room under the car. I have been 9.70@137 so far in the heat. With my new radials I should run low 9.60's and the frontend has always been solid.
Posted By: BBLM23

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 02:33 PM

I have had an AlterKtion in my "Street" car for 6 years...
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 02:40 PM

I would definitely consider Bob's front end. It uses top notch parts all the way through.
Posted By: Otherlane

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 03:54 PM

Alterktion here. 79 road runner small block hope to run 920s.i got the soild rotors instead of the drilled
Posted By: caper

Re: Final decision on aftermarket front suspension - 06/02/09 11:36 PM

I have an Alterkton for three years. Trap speed 130 mph, I am sure I could leave the wheel go after shifting to 2nd and the Dart would go straight. Also the only fab work is to drill four 3/8 holes through the frame.I also drive on the street , it drives like a new car , not a new Dart but a new car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums