Moparts

Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09

Posted By: BloFish

Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 12:11 AM

New converter, and ready to roll. Who's in???

Attached picture 5266650-tmpphp92pKwc.jpg
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 03:50 AM

I will be there.. I promised the kid he could drive this event, so I'll be on the sidelines holding my breath...
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 04:09 AM

Is this a real MOPAR event?? More info please.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 04:45 AM

YES.. this is a real MOPAR event.. Its an annual car show and race that draws in a couple hundred cars or so.. Some are there for the show, the others are there for the bracket racing.

Here is a link to the event

http://www.winecountrymopar.com/
Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 05:13 AM

Don - I don't think this is a Mopar only event like at Sacramento because West Coast Pro Gas is also racing that day - so is regular Super Pro and Pro. I think there will be Mopar only classes - but other brands will be there running for points.

That's my dilema - I run WCPGA - so do I race for points, or do I race in the Mopar only? I am not interested in double dipping and beating on the car.
Posted By: 67dodgeracer

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 05:24 AM

I've got a fresh bullet and am looking to race it anywhere I can,so I'll definetely be there. Bill,are you sure they're running a regular super pro and pro race in conjunction with the mopars?They always ran us with the super categories but never with another bracket race.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 05:29 AM

Jeff - this is straight from the WCPGA site:

DATE: JUNE 6, 2009 SAT.

TRACK: INFINEON RACEWAY, SONOMA, CALIF.

EVENT: A/GAS ASSOC. FEE $100.00 see below B/C/D GAS...ASSOC.FEE $50.00 .........see below ... add on with ET series

INFO:JUNE 7, 2009 SUMMIT SERIES SUN

The rest is pure speculation about how they would do it - I've never been to a Mopar race at Infineon before.
Posted By: 67dodgeracer

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 05:34 AM

Sounds like a cluster.Should be a blast though.I'm gonna enter both no-e categories...gotta fight my way out of a recent slump
Posted By: 67Charger

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 05:38 AM

I'm in... Leaving here Friday morning.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 11:53 AM

Well - if anyone needs Brad Penn oil I'm stocked up right now and can bring it to Infineon. I also have a 5 gal pail of C25 and 3 - 5gal pails of C16 VP Racing Fuel.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 01:46 PM

Well it is a Mopar race, as Jeff pointed out. They will have other brands there running the .90 stuff as well but the bracket classes will be Mopar only. Oh yeah for those who dont know some of the best racers up here are the Mopar guys, including that guy with the red car who posted already I am thinking of double dipping as I need more testing time with the stop as we are starting over from square one. At this point I am just hoping the weather will cooperate.

Oh yeah Baconfest is also happening at the Infineon show, for those interested or seeking info go to the general board. Stu has a plan to feed a few folks from what I understand.

The points bracket race is on Sunday the 7th and will be all classes and makes along with the .90, .60 and IIRC Top Dragster as well. So for guys coming from down south they can stay Sunday and get a taste of bracket racing NorCal style.

Of course if you are a Mopar only guy then on Sunday the 7th there is a Mopar show at Ohlone College that day, really good show and swap and I am torn as to what to do that day as there are some parts I am looking for.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 02:37 PM

For what it is worth... Infineon's web site indicates that it is a Mopar race on the 6th

Oh well, it will still be a blast.
Posted By: T748

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 03:08 PM

I'm in for sure. This is always a great event! As long as the weather is clear, it should be a good weekend of racing at Infineon. -Tom.
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 03:13 PM

Quote:

For what it is worth... Infineon's web site indicates that it is a Mopar race on the 6th

Oh well, it will still be a blast.

The Mopar Race is the 6th. There's another ET race on the 7th. All the ET classes on the 6th are MOPARS ONLY.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 03:13 PM

Quote:

I'm in for sure. This is always a great event! As long as the weather is clear, it should be a good weekend of racing at Infineon. -Tom.

Keep our
Posted By: DirectConnection

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 04:42 PM

I'm in. This is the best bang for the buck. Last year I got in 8 runs with 5 being practice runs. looks like the weather will hold out. Thinking about staying up for sunday as well.
Posted By: Devilbrad

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 06:34 PM

I should be there breaking in my new SRT8 Challenger I am picking up Thursday night.
Posted By: 67Charger

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 07:47 PM

I'd love to stay for Sunday too, but I have to go to Ventura for Sprint Car school. 120 laps in a full-race-prepped sprint car at Paul Kruseman's school. Talk about the polar opposite of drag racing. From going as fast as possible and trying NOT to turn to going as fast as possible with the car whipped against the steering lock!

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/02/09 07:53 PM

All the ET classes on the 6th are MOPARS ONLY.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 01:41 PM

wEsT cOaSt sTiCkEy.....
Posted By: RAT PATROL

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 02:41 PM

67 Charger, you're gonna have a blast in the sprinter if you're like me, more courage than common sense. I miss it, the wife does not. She used to pester me with some total nonsense about being mortal, women, what do they know. Have fun!

Attached picture 5269956-Sprinter.jpg
Posted By: court9155

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 05:48 PM

Quote:

I'd love to stay for Sunday too, but I have to go to Ventura for Sprint Car school. 120 laps in a full-race-prepped sprint car at Paul Kruseman's school. Talk about the polar opposite of drag racing. From going as fast as possible and trying NOT to turn to going as fast as possible with the car whipped against the steering lock!

I love to watch your car run because I am a 66-67 charger guy. I watched it run at bakersfield and I think you were at PINKS.

Anyway, too bad you cant stay up here because the next day is the ohlone colleg mopar show in fremont.

I will come by and say hi when I see your charger. I get a kick out of it.

My name is Dan.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 05:49 PM

What time do the gates open?
Posted By: T748

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 06:01 PM

According to the Wine Country Mopar flyer...

DRAG RACING CLASSES:
Super Pro ($1000 to win, $400 runner up) ($60 entry fee includes driver admission)
Pro (No Electronics) ($800 to win, $300 runner up) ($50 entry fee includes driver admission)
Sportsman ($500 to win, $200 runner up) ($40 entry fee includes driver admission)
Trophy ($30 entry fee includes driver admission)
Killer Bees Slant 6 (separate purse, payout, and ladder—Trophy card required)

Gates open at 7 a.m. $15 per person collected at the gate by Infineon Raceway
1st and 2nd place awards will be given depending on class size.
Raffle drawings to be held hourly
Multi-make super class racing for your entertainment
Spectator and passenger admission only $15 per person. Children under 12 free. Free parking.
Dash Plaques and Goodie Bags to the first 100 entrants.
10% of net proceeds to benefit a Sonoma County charity.
Show is on pavement. TENTS AND POP-UPS MUST BE SECURED.

-Tom.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 06:08 PM

I cant remember from last year.. So I will pose this question to all you local racers.. Can you enter the same car into more than one class? I'd like to enter in Sportsman and Trophy with the same car, but different drivers..
Posted By: Joe Brown

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 07:10 PM

Hey, I'll be there. Wouldn't miss a Mopar race for nothing.

Attached picture 5270418-Bestwheelie.jpg

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 07:52 PM

Quote:

I cant remember from last year.. So I will pose this question to all you local racers.. Can you enter the same car into more than one class? I'd like to enter in Sportsman and Trophy with the same car, but different drivers..

I think that is permissible Don
Posted By: sharpie

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/03/09 11:39 PM

I'll be there, but I don't think I have enough shakedown to drive seventy miles on the new engine. Just installing exhuast tonight, and only have ten miles (forty minutes) on it so far.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 12:14 AM

Did you get the nss figured out?

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 04:02 AM

Quote:

I think that is permissible Don

COOOL... Thanks
Posted By: TC67CUDA

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 04:40 AM

I'll be there and my buddy Bob that has a 71 Big Block Challenger. We'll be staying for the weekend. Also I have another friend that has a non Mopar but wants to come up Saturday to watch and race Sunday. Will they let us camp out at the track?

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 05:11 AM

Tony,yes they allow camping at infineon, you can come out usually the day before if you like. I am looking forward to it actually. Hoping maybe we get a few hits at the tree in time trials so we can get some passes on the stop with the new set up and dial the car. We will see.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 05:47 AM

I will be there wheelin' my 68' RR in Pro and probably let the Challenger sit and wait till Sunday?

Attached picture 5271763-wednightdrags2009small.jpg

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 05:55 AM

Also to clarify as some did, The Mopar brackets are MOPAR ONLY. All other cars running will be in the .90 categories and the .60 nostalgia categories. You can probaly expect at least 4 time runs and then a break while the other classes run and then elims around 1 pm, If we can fit it in I will put together a $10 or $20 dollar buy in 16 or 32 car field jackpot class where we draw a ladder like we ran last year for the 1st - 2nd round runner ups (sounds better than losers). That race if we run it will be open to any car on the grounds with a tech card from that day.

Hope to all see you out there and lets have FUN!

Attached picture 5271774-IMG_2068.JPG

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 05:57 AM

Quote:

Hey, I'll be there. Wouldn't miss a Mopar race for nothing.

Joe you keep doin' that and your license plate is gonna fall off..........Just thought you might wanna know.
Posted By: sharpie

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 06:37 PM

Quote:

Did you get the nss figured out?

Negative.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 11:05 PM

The signs are out that 37 will be closed on June 5th 10 pm to 9 am and june 6th 10 pm to 9 am. You have been warned. Depending on where you are coming from you may have to come in the back way and detour your way through Schelleville.
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/04/09 11:53 PM

I'm coming from the Golden Gate Bridge on 101, is that way going to be opened?

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/05/09 12:26 AM

Looks like rain forecast for Friday and Saturday.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/05/09 12:44 AM

Quote:

I'm coming from the Golden Gate Bridge on 101, is that way going to be opened?

Yes
Posted By: tonys68dart

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/05/09 03:30 AM

Hey Steve, so what way will you be going if 37 is closed? Won't 12 off the 80 take you in the back way?
Thanks
Tony

Attached picture 5273560-68cudavegas2008.jpg
Posted By: SCATPK

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/05/09 04:00 AM

I will be driving my gtx out to the event. Still having clutch issues as I have not got around to installing the street twin that I recently purchased. May make some easy passes with my street tires and see what I can turn?
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/05/09 12:36 PM

Quote:

May make some easy passes with my street tires and see what I can turn?

Can you say, spin,spin,spin.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/05/09 02:28 PM

Quote:

Hey Steve, so what way will you be going if 37 is closed? Won't 12 off the 80 take you in the back way?
Thanks
Tony

Yes, that's the easiest way to go Tony. You coming?
Posted By: tonys68dart

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/06/09 12:53 AM

Steve, my son and I will be there on Sat., then we are staying for Ohlone, should be a blast!
See you guys there
Tony

Attached picture 5275132-68cudavegas2008(Small).jpg

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/06/09 07:12 AM

I'll be there - but without the car. It developed an intake leak - so I pulled that off and found a suicked gasket. Replaced them and put it all back together - finished at 9:30 tonight - fired it up to put it on the trailer - still surging - which means it still has a leak somewhere.

Bringing some stuff - anyone need some BP oil - I'll have some with me and be hanging out around Al Alguire's pit.

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/07/09 03:16 PM

Quote:

Hey man I was out there and had a long look at your car. It is very very very nice. I just wanted to share my compliment. Matter of fact, everyone I ran into asked me if I seen it because it is very nice.

What suspension and motor/trans combo? The car just sits so perfect.....man...sweet...

Dan

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/09/09 12:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey man I was out there and had a long look at your car. It is very very very nice. I just wanted to share my compliment. Matter of fact, everyone I ran into asked me if I seen it because it is very nice.

What suspension and motor/trans combo? The car just sits so perfect.....man...sweet...

Dan

Thanks for the kind words Dan. It's a Mopar 500ci aluminum head 575hp crate engine, with a 727. Tube chassis with coil overs on all 4 corners, nothing fancy

Attached picture 5280516-tmpphp2faeR3.jpg

Re: Roll call... Wine Country Mopars at Infineon 6-6-09 - 06/10/09 11:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dan

Thanks for the kind words Dan. It's a Mopar 500ci aluminum head 575hp crate engine, with a 727. Tube chassis with coil overs on all 4 corners, nothing fancy

Thanks for sharing, stunning car!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums