Moparts

B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential

Posted By: moparniac

B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 12:01 AM

What does a fully set fo B1 originals flow... how much HP can I get out of them on pump gas 11.5 to compression.... mid 260's solid roller

Do they require special rockers / special headers and intake? is 500 cubes enough for the heads...

thx

thinking about next years setup already and want to plan ahead..
Posted By: LA360

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 12:36 AM

I'm not an expert, but have done some research for a friends engine.
They use their own specific rocker
They require a specific piston as the Valve position is different to standard BB Mopar.
B1 originals will over 400cfm when ported properly
Specific Header flanges and Intake has to be used. For RB block Intake Spacers are required
AL...
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 12:42 AM

Here's a link to a post I did last year.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0&fpart=1

Brian
IMM Engine & Dyno
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 01:33 AM

Diff pistons,diff rockers,diff headers, diff intake, diff pushrods. You would be better off building a new motor from the get go for B1 Stuff..
Dont you want to try to maximize your current combo first? The secret to going fast isnt just throwing new parts at it, you probably know this by now..
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 02:19 AM

If you have a well built shortblock, you can get very close to B1 performance with a set of fully ported 440-1 heads, and need only change the valve notchs (maybe need them larger) rather than change pistons. Headers would also be more likely to fit.
Posted By: CH3NO2

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 02:26 AM

Quote:

Brian
IMM Engine & Dyno

That is nice work Brian. Steve
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 02:53 AM

Quote:

What does a fully set fo B1 originals flow... how much HP can I get out of them on pump gas 11.5 to compression.... mid 260's solid roller

Do they require special rockers / special headers and intake? is 500 cubes enough for the heads...

thx

thinking about next years setup already and want to plan ahead..

My B1 originals ported by Koffels flow around 440 CFM on the intake side I know of one motor that is in a members car that has a set of ported B1 that made over one thousand HP on race gas I beleive that motor was a 525 C.I. or close to that It was a all out race motor intended for heads up racing in the PSCA series on the west coast. Lower compression and a smaller cam like your talking about should make close to 850 hp on pump gas with a single 1050 Dominator tuned properly All the components you ask about are B1 specific, you need the complete top end package and special exhaust flanges for custom made headers that Big Dad sells As well as the proper pistons with deep enough valve reliefs to clear your cam lift at TDC
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 12:53 PM

B1s are somewhat exotic..they take all the special parts that have been mentioned. The B1-PSO head is for die hard wedge racers. By far the best wedge head available, they flow over 470+ cfm but are costly $$$$.. The B1-MC is next best and only a little more $$ than the original B1.They will flow around 450 CFM.

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 03:28 PM

I will optimize this combo for this season and maybe sell the whole motor is the way I was thinking........

I cant decide whether to sell my roller or keep it since Ive done so much work to it and go light like a badd dart or demon.... or go all in on a awesome big inch street wedge

thoughts.....
Posted By: Sci Fi 64

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 03:37 PM

These heads and all related parts are for sale in the parts section right now. Employment issues have forced me in another direction. They are still brand new and have never been used. Beautiful work on these heads Brian. Thanks.

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 04:02 PM

so with the right made piston can you get them to have 11.5 to 1 compression at 74.5 cc.....
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/25/09 06:09 PM

Quote:

so with the right made piston can you get them to have 11.5 to 1 compression at 74.5 cc.....

Ofcourse!
Posted By: BradH

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/26/09 10:30 PM

Quote:

thoughts.....

Yep...
Posted By: DRDart

Re: B1 Head Flow Numbers / Potential - 05/27/09 01:51 AM

Quote:

Brian
IMM Engine & Dyno

Simply fabulous post right there Makes one start thinking & that usually costs me alot of money when that happens
© 2024 Moparts Forums