Moparts

chevy hhr fan for street/strip???

Posted By: hp340nos

chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 09:06 PM

i called the local gm garage and priced out a electric gm fan for a 2006 chevy hhr,cost $101.00.i see on ebay and other sites they have have them listed alot cheaper,question is are the gm original fans better than these replacements ? that are listed on ebay or same?fan will be going on a 28x19 summit aluminum radiator.thanks mike
Posted By: hemigod426

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 09:11 PM

dont put any parts from homo hot rod=hhr, on you mopar. they are plenty of street strip universal fans too buy, try napa,auto-zone,advanced first you would be surpised to see what they have on the self
Posted By: RonP

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 09:28 PM

Quote:

dont put any parts from homo hot rod=hhr, on you mopar. they are plenty of street strip universal fans too buy, try napa,auto-zone,advanced first you would be surpised to see what they have on the self

Well you can be diehard and spend the extra cash and have a fan that works ok, or you could save a bunch of money and get one of the (homo )absolute best setups going in my opinion. The HHR fan was the single best (cost=benefit) thing that I have done to my car. Period.

oh and www.gmpartsdirect.com has it for 59.00
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 09:55 PM

I've got one if the HHR fans on my ride, drive it to and from the track, to the store, to school, wherever I want. Its a good piece for the price and i'm sure will work for years to come.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 10:10 PM

What are the dimensions of the HHR fan?
Posted By: ProSport

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 10:16 PM

I run the HHR fan best fan I've ever owned. Local parts stores have nothing but junk on the shelf for fans.

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 10:20 PM

is there is certain part# to look for ?or just put in chevy hhr fan for a search?my current fan is a 16" zirgo.mike

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 10:33 PM

Quote:

is there is certain part# to look for ?or just put in chevy hhr fan for a search?my current fan is a 16" zirgo.mike

Part number 15817306

Yeah my high dollar Zirgo is in the corner collecting dust. Talk about a waste of money.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 10:40 PM

Thats the fan I will be using on my new combo I have a friend at the Chevy dealer that can get me a genuine GM unit for under $70.00
Gus

Attached picture 5227840-READY2.JPG

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 10:44 PM

I hope he can because the part# I listed is a genuine GM part. Comes in a big old GM box for 59.00 plus shipping.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/13/09 10:45 PM

Posted By: DARTSPORT340

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 11:16 PM

I had one on my mustang street/strip car and loved it. Also had one on my 72 Twister and it brought the stoplight temps wayyy down....
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 11:34 PM

Can someone please post a picture of the fan. Interesting for the price....

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 11:39 PM

Where are you guys getting these fans from?
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 11:54 PM

I got mine from Eric ,,, here on the board,,,,

Awesome fan,,,moves ALOT of air....

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 11:56 PM

Fits the summit radiator perfect.

Attached picture 5227983-Picture038ae.JPG
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/13/09 11:59 PM

lots of clearance as well....

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 12:01 AM

Quote:

That actually depends on the setup. I actually had to cut the rad support and move the fan/rad forward in the car to clear my WP. Well worth the little bit of time invested.

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 12:02 AM

How are you guys mounting that fan....and where is the best place to get one....who is "Eric" here on the board?
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 12:11 AM

Quote:

lol....thats funny stuff. You really think a cheap parts store fan is better than an OEM fan? My experience is a Good OEM fan (I run a Taurus Fan) is a million times better than any cheap generic fan.
Posted By: codfish

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 12:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That actually depends on the setup. I actually had to cut the rad support and move the fan/rad forward in the car to clear my WP. Well worth the little bit of time invested.

I hear ya.

I have a Zirgo, and it's ok.

I'd LOVE to be able to run the HHR fan/shroud, but with a mechanical water pump, I just do not have the room. Not too crazy about cutting up the rad support.

Looking for a dual puller setup that I can use, so that my wp pulley sits between the dual fan motors.

codfish

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 01:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Part number 15817306

Yeah my high dollar Zirgo is in the corner collecting dust. Talk about a waste of money.

try that part # and see what you get.
GM has a new vendor and new part # and a new price.
Posted By: tilt

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 01:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Ya leave the good deals for the rest of us...

Thanks Eric.
Just a side note: This fan works tremendously well and i'm running Twin Turbos.I can let this car run in the garage for an hour and do countless torques on the motor and it does it's job.I have the computer turn it on at 182* and turn it off at 175*.This takes at matter of a minute.
Posted By: DAMOPARS

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 02:18 AM

I got my fan from Rock Auto
Only had it out a few times but temp is staying about 180 degs
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 02:47 AM

Quote:

I got my fan from Rock Auto

Is the fan from Rockauto a GM part or otherwise.
Thanks.

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/14/09 02:49 AM

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 02:57 AM

I guess that part number doesn't come up now. I thought it still worked. I guess they caught on to the bargan.

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 02:59 AM

Quote:

I guess that part number doesn't come up now, but I just looked for a 2007 HHR and it came up to 59 and change. I went the whole way through checkout until the point of entering my card so it looks like it is stsill the same price

From where? Dealer part? or?

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 03:01 AM

I was wrong. I edited my post. I said the heck with it and was actually going to buy one for a spare or to use on a future product and it finally told me it was not available and to call them. sorry.

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 03:26 AM

Does anyone know how many amps HHR fan pulls and cfms? Just curious>
Posted By: mopar65

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 03:27 AM

RonP here is the new gm hhr fan part number 25784660
and the connector part number 1210-1917

i bought the fan about a month and a half ago so it should still be a good number. I hope this helps Mopar65

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 04:23 AM

i just ordered up the fan from gm parts direct part#25784660 for $72.89 shipped to my house,thanks again mike

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/14/09 12:10 PM

Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 12:31 PM

Quote:

Just checked GM...they have plenty in stock...Price increase is minimal...$3

Do you still sell them? If so, do you meet or beat the GM parts direct price?

Thanks
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 01:22 PM

The connector is almost $19 shipped
Couldn't I just wack off the existing plug and put on a Weather Pack connector for a fraction of that ?

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 01:25 PM

I didn't get that connector when I bought mine. I just used two female spade terminals and covered them nicely with heat shrink and installed them into the connector on the fan. been fine and have had it apart a couple times with no issues.

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 05:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

lol....thats funny stuff. You really think a cheap parts store fan is better than an OEM fan? My experience is a Good OEM fan (I run a Taurus Fan) is a million times better than any cheap generic fan.

no never said parts store fans were better, hhr fan is for 149hp motor, you would get the same cfm with parts store fan. if your going to boogy gm fans on your mopar put the good one on at least the LS1 dual fan setup is twice as good was on 305hp-33hp motors factory, local cars with turbos or juice or superchargers still dont over heat with factory dual fans and not much air flow threw cover on vette or camaro.

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/14/09 05:39 PM

Posted By: moparacer

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 06:22 PM

I just finished wiring up a twin 11 inch fan from jegs last night on one of their radiators. I went with twin fans so I had enough room for the water pump. They have it rated at 2700 cfm and from what I can see it does that and then some....

Best radiator and fan setup I have ever had on a car!

Attached picture 5229564-DSCF2933_opt.jpg
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 06:25 PM

can someone please post the demensions? width x hieght
plus i really need to know how thick it is, i have very limited space
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 06:47 PM

found it

Attached picture 5229602-1hhr.jpg
Posted By: cudarex

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 06:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

no never said parts store fans were better, hhr fan is for 149hp motor, you would get the same cfm with parts store fan. if your going to boogy gm fans on your mopar put the good one on at least the LS1 dual fan setup is twice as good was on 305hp-33hp motors factory, local cars with turbos or juice or superchargers still dont over heat with factory dual fans and not much air flow threw cover on vette or camaro.

I'm impressed how much air the HHR fan moves. When I first turned it on it blew off all the rags I had sitting on top of the motor. I can hold a piece of paper about 4" infront of the radiator and it will suck it into the radiator. To me that's moving some serious air.
Posted By: cudarex

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 06:56 PM

Quote:

found it

It will fit a 22" radiator perfect.

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 07:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm impressed how much air the HHR fan moves. When I first turned it on it blew off all the rags I had sitting on top of the motor. I can hold a piece of paper about 4" infront of the radiator and it will suck it into the radiator. To me that's moving some serious air.

I agree, but to each their own. being that it came from a car that has 149hp doesn't mean jack. This thing is designed great and moves a bunch of air.

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 08:26 PM

Quote:

Funny....I have one from an Aveo on my 550 hp BB

yep thats funny, drive it in traffic for 1/2 half see how good it works? i just thought he said street/strip car. would be plenty for strip car, have cheap slimline on 600hp drag car with electric pump, stock rad 190 staging-230 on return road
Posted By: Runner

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 08:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

yep thats funny, drive it in traffic for 1/2 half see how good it works? i just thought he said street/strip car. would be plenty for strip car, have cheap slimline on 600hp drag car with electric pump, stock rad 190 staging-230 on return road

ive driven my roadrunner with an hhr fan through traffic for over a half hour and didnt have any issues in august. it moves a pile more air than the aftermarket fan it replaced.

it sems your dead set agaisnt them and thats ok, but dont try and discourage others from trying one when you have NO personal experiance with them. for the money its a hard fan to beat.

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/14/09 08:56 PM

Posted By: codfish

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 09:00 PM

Quote:

I just finished wiring up a twin 11 inch fan from jegs last night on one of their radiators. I went with twin fans so I had enough room for the water pump. They have it rated at 2700 cfm and from what I can see it does that and then some....

Can you take a pic of that setup from the top, showing how much room there is between the center of the fan setup, and the water pump? Looks like you have an electric pump. I have a mechanical. And how thick is the fan setup in the middle, where the water pump pulley would be.

I'd really appreacite it.

gary

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/14/09 09:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Eric.
Just a side note: This fan works tremendously well and i'm running Twin Turbos.I can let this car run in the garage for an hour and do countless torques on the motor and it does it's job.I have the computer turn it on at 182* and turn it off at 175*.This takes at matter of a minute.

Your welcome. ...Arron...read above. Goody ran his on the street in Las Vegas heat for three years or more now. I have yet to have anyone who I've sold one to say it would not handle the job....Oh Prosports 9 second Dart had one also...driven to the track and tons of street miles.....Believe what you want but I'm afraid you are wrong on this one.

ok,ok ..ill try one if i get my drag back together this year , and pull off gm part #sticker
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/16/09 02:15 AM

Quote:

I would'nt doubt an increase Dram....the same thing happened with the Aveo fans I used to get...I do have a trick up my sleeve though

Eric Can you still get a deal on the HHR fans. I looks like a nice setup.

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 05/16/09 03:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I drive mine with a taurus fan over the Grapevine (large mountain range) in 90+ deg weather and don't get hot.

And I have driven in in 100+ weather too...runs 180-190 all day.
Posted By: dodgem1

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 08/04/09 07:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wrong,ya its for 149 hp,but it only runs very little and shuts down,these fans run longer on big 440,thus cooling perfectly-duuuuu!!!!!!!
Posted By: moparniac

Re: chevy hhr fan for street/strip??? - 08/04/09 08:03 PM

Quote:

is that each fan....
© 2024 Moparts Forums