Moparts

WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS?

Posted By: mr2performance

WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/12/09 11:22 PM

Please don't delete this thread or move it, I'm looking for any info on the clutchflite that was pictured on here in an old mats thread. I have a rusty project that needs one bad. Thanks, Mike
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/12/09 11:37 PM

I took the picture, but don't recall whos booth it was in front of at the moment, sorry.

Posted By: blown572dart

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/12/09 11:44 PM

I have some coin for you but have to come get it

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/12/09 11:54 PM

Thanks triplethreat, that's the one. I can't believe no one knows who had it for sale. I'm looking for anything at this point. Mike

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 12:16 AM

Quote:

I have some coin for you but have to come get it

Posted By: HMcCandless_Jr

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 12:31 AM

Mike my dad says you can fabricate anything,,,,,,,,,,He finished his Hemi 300G and the car is nicer than even he thought it would be. Its a show piece.

Herb Jr
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 12:49 AM

It was a booth selling some newer company 3 letter name brand parts that I cant remember for the life of me.. They are basically cheaper knockoffs of certain stuff? It was like (PRH or PEW) or something like that, im taking a total stab in the dark though... Someones gotta know the brand... No it wasn't PAW TTI MRE or any of the regular names...

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 12:58 AM

thanks, topfueldart, we're getting closer. Someone surely will remember. Mike
Herb, your dad is great and I can't wait to see his latest project.

And Jimmy,

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 01:44 AM

Quote:

And Jimmy,

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 01:54 AM

Well I just spent the last hour trying to cut and paste the trans picture into my car, but it isn't working. Come on moparts, get those memories warmed up.
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 01:59 AM

Quote:

It was a booth selling some newer company 3 letter name brand parts that I cant remember for the life of me.. They are basically cheaper knockoffs of certain stuff? It was like (PRH or PEW) or something like that, im taking a total stab in the dark though... Someones gotta know the brand... No it wasn't PAW TTI MRE or any of the regular names...

Could be PRW..

http://www.performanceracingwarehouse.com

Also the PRW stuff was being sold by Clay Smith, both @ MATS and the Spring Fling..

Just my $0.02...
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 03:02 AM

Mike, i have a buddy that has 2 of them, and im pretty sure he would sell one.

Bob
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 03:07 AM

Posted By: chrisf

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 04:41 AM

i am 99% sure thats where i saw it too.

i know of one here locally i really should pick up too, why? not sure. lol
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/13/09 04:51 AM

Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 05:42 AM

Quote:

In the process I found three others and located a source making the kit to build one from scratch cheap.

care to let the rest of us in on that info?

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 11:01 AM

Quote:

Mike, i have a buddy that has 2 of them, and im pretty sure he would sell one.

Bob

have him call me, 765 483 9371 thanks

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 11:07 AM

"THAT CAR BETTER HAVE A HUGE HOLE IN THE FLOOR SO EVERYONE GETS TO SEE THE STRIPES "
It will after I dump the clutch a few times! Seriously though, your cuda is the only car in my shop with a HUUUUGE hole in the floor.... at least it will have after today

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 03:53 PM

Quote:

In the process I found three others and located a source making the kit to build one from scratch cheap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

care to let the rest of us in on that info?

I'd be interested too! Have the automatic, period correct car and the car has a clutch pedal. I'm 90% there!
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 05:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Could be PRW..

http://www.performanceracingwarehouse.com

Also the PRW stuff was being sold by Clay Smith, both @ MATS and the Spring Fling..

Just my $0.02...

That was it! And im 99% sure you are right, it was beside the Clay Smith booth where they were selling the T-shirts...

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/13/09 06:16 PM

Posted By: Troy

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 06:47 PM

I believe that Pete Haldiman (sp?) bought that trans and Spring Fling. I email Steve to find out but have not found out for sure yet.

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 07:11 PM

Let me know Troy I'd buy it off of him, Thanks

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/13/09 07:37 PM

Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? *DELETED* - 05/13/09 09:23 PM

Post deleted by moparts
Posted By: TrWaters

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 09:28 PM

Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 09:51 PM

don't get excited..Tried to PM
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 10:42 PM

Mike you have a PM with # to call on the trannys
hope it helps

Bondo

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/13/09 11:06 PM

Quote:

And Jimmy,

Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 02:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I believe that Pete Haldiman (sp?) bought that trans and Spring Fling. I email Steve to find out but have not found out for sure yet.

Pete bought one out of the Mopar Knights club members swap spot. Not from the Clay Smith booth. I think it was Steve with the 65 Hemi altered. But he wasn't in his swap both.

Not the same trans as that one in the Clay Smith booth at Vegas. Different tailshaft yoke, has fluid trans line, no sticker, more rust on input shaft....

Early in the day, Pete mentioned to me would like to have one and asked B&M if they still had anything for them (No, BTW) So later on I spotted this one out of the corner of my eye in a swap spot.

Mopar Ron said they were streetable. There are some tricks to running them on the street. I forgot.

He did say a clutchflite would send you in the backseat even at low speeds! Sounded like a heck of a lot of fun actually.

So what are the parts needed to complete this as found? Any special clutch or throwout bearing? Any tricks to setting up the trans?

Attached picture 5228378-CopyofSF09SatSteveWSm172.JPG
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 05:22 AM

He did say a clutchflite would send you in the backseat even at low speeds! Sounded like a heck of a lot of fun actually.

I remember many years ago Danny Smith showing me a picture of his old '63 Plymouth with a clutchflite. He was on Morse road in Columbus and the nose airbourne about 3 foot or so..
Posted By: G_bob

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 01:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pete bought one out of the Mopar Knights club members swap spot. Not from the Clay Smith booth. I think it was Steve with the 65 Hemi altered. But he wasn't in his swap both.

Not the same trans as that one in the Clay Smith booth at Vegas. Different tailshaft yoke, has fluid trans line, no sticker, more rust on input shaft....

Early in the day, Pete mentioned to me would like to have one and asked B&M if they still had anything for them (No, BTW) So later on I spotted this one out of the corner of my eye in a swap spot.

Mopar Ron said they were streetable. There are some tricks to running them on the street. I forgot.

So what are the parts needed to complete this as found? Any special clutch or throwout bearing? Any tricks to setting up the trans?

Steve, you are correct. Larry from the knights had the swap space and the transmission belonged to Steve Patton. Steve wasn't there tho. Larry, Rob and Chuck were.
Also, not sure if Steve still has the altered wheelbase car. He's running a blown hemi in a willys now. I "think" he may have sold the a/b car, but can confirm.

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 03:21 PM

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 03:26 PM

It's too bad we don't have a clutchflite expert on the board.

Sounds like there is a lot of interest!

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/14/09 04:54 PM

Posted By: 52savoy

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 06:19 PM

I wouldn't even consider using one unless it was updated with lite wt. internals...

A chevy guy I work with has one setting in the corner of his garage for the last few years. He talked about converting it to work on a chevy mug bogger but I've been trying talk him out of it.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 07:29 PM

GY3, your PM box is full.

The CF will work with any 3-finger pressure plate but the B&B is preferred. Without a converter to cushion the shock of the shift, the shifts are pretty violent mostly because the throttle pressure is run wide open like all RMVB's. There's no reason the throttle pressure couldn't be throttle controlled like a stocker, especially with the availability of cable setups.

As many of us oldtomers have reminisced, those of us who ran the CF back in the day are lucky more of them didn't explode, a Super Sprag and rear band apply would be considered mandatory nowadays.

Here's a link to my CF photo album:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/root66/727CF/

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 07:38 PM

Fred, I mocked up your c/flite and hemi today, since the cuda already had the clutch pedal

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 07:50 PM

Did you get the parts from Winters as well, John?
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 08:10 PM

Quote:

Did you get the parts from Winters as well, John?

I never knew Winters made a kit until Fred mentioned it, I've only worked with the old B&M and Fairbanks kits.

Anybody know the price of the Winters kit?

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 05/14/09 08:31 PM

Well, talked to Charlie at Winters. They're gearing up to make the kit again, but has of right now P/N 20510 Clutchflite is NOT AVAILABLE!

I was quoted a retail price by the gal on the phone before Charlie of $777.95.
Posted By: Primer King

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/12/11 06:47 PM

Anybody know if there has been any updates on Winters clutchflite stuff? I want to use 1 in my '63 Polara. It was originally a pushbutton bigblock car, but somebody put a 4-speed in it. They simply coiled up the pushbutton cable and stuffed it under the dash and hung a factory clutchpedal setup in the car. I figure it'd be pretty neat on the street with the clutchpedal AND the pushbuttons in play.

Pushbutton cases differ from column/floorshift cases, yes? I hope I'm not gonna have to get into weird stuff to do this?
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 01:36 AM

Mike, nice speaking to you again. Yes, I still have my two that used to be the big guys with those silly Hemi Daytona's.
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 03:24 AM

look what is sleepin over on the left..

[image][/image]
Posted By: rowin4

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 07:03 AM

You got plans for that tranny? and you better buy some jack stands, some day your going to find your car on the floor. Hope your not working under it supported with those mud buckets.

Posted By: joshking440

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 12:55 PM

Looks like the buckets are just holding up the k member. I see at least 4 jack stands holding the car up.

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 03:19 PM

Tranny is going in the car, I found that one on racingjunk a few years ago and just had it freshened up. Yes, the buckets were just holding up the arms as I was adjusting the UCA's Car was on jackstands. Shes on wheels now

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 04:40 PM

Oh, I see them now, it was kinda late when I was browsing thru the post.

Posted By: chrisf

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 04:46 PM

whats one worth guys?
Posted By: Frito

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 06:37 PM

another one

Attached picture 6473446-clutchflightre.jpg

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 07:39 PM

Mine was one that Faribanks came back out with for a few years. I think I bought it maybe 10 years agoish?? I don't even think it had much more then a season of use, the guy wanted to go to a Lenco. I paid 1K w/o shipping, then just had it freshened up this past summer. I think a good used one in working condition should be about 1K or so?? Just a guesstimite
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 11:38 PM

Quote:

Pushbutton cases differ from column/floorshift cases, yes? I hope I'm not gonna have to get into weird stuff to do this?

I don't belive the cases are different The male cable end in the tranny, the female coupler hook to the valve body and the rooster comb and maybe the manual valve(selector valve) in the valve body are different between 1964 push botton versus the console shifter trannys and the 1965 column shifts versus the console shifter cars I belive all of the 1962 and 1963 Dodge and Plymouth B body 727 push button trannys are the same on the cables and internal hooking up parts, maybe the 1964 push buttons also In other words the 1964 push button button 727 B bodys are different on the cable and interanl parts from console cars to non console cars and the 1965 are different again, maybe the console cars are the same in 1964 and 1965, maybe not Maybe the same thing on the 1962,63 and 1964 push button cables and trannys It's been way to long to remember accurately IHTHs
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/13/11 11:44 PM

would a hydraulic thow out bearing work in this set up...?
cheapst

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/15/11 06:12 AM

What does the 3 fingered thing do thats in front of the throw out bearing, it must fit in between the pressure plate fingers.

Posted By: moparmxz

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 02/15/11 01:11 PM

Quote:

What does the 3 fingered thing do thats in front of the throw out bearing, it must fit in between the pressure plate fingers.

It drives the pump.
Posted By: Primer King

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 03/14/11 12:22 AM

I just bought a clutchflite; complete with scattershield and clutch assembly that suposedly came out of an altered in the early 70s. I'm told that it's a good trans that worked fine in the car but has been sitting since; so of course it'll need to be freshened. I got it from a guy in Missourri for $500+shipping.
Posted By: RAMM

Re: WHO HAD THE CLUTCHFLITE FOR SALE at Vegas MATS? - 03/14/11 12:52 AM

Quote:

would a hydraulic thow out bearing work in this set up...?
cheapst

Yes I used one on my clutchflite. It was a McLeod input bearing retainer deal and I had to specify the longest collar for it to work right. It was a pain to set up but once it was it was awesome. J.Rob
© 2024 Moparts Forums