Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 01:43 AM

it was a good day tommy.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 03:21 AM

Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 12:27 PM

nice

watched your other video...that was a good run too with a win..
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 12:32 PM

Looks good.........sounds like someone spun a little bit was that you?
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 12:35 PM

Not Bad for a Waxer
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 01:31 PM

Quote:

whats the combo

what dos it weigth

OTB standard port victors on 511
CRT trans and PTC 8 in
4.10 dana

3235 lbs race weight

with 3 in exhaust

titled , tagged and insured

soon to have some Hoosier DOT radials

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 01:31 PM

Quote:

Not Bad for a Waxer

thanks

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 01:33 PM

Quote:

Looks good.........sounds like someone spun a little bit was that you?

ya , track was crap although i got a 1.36 60 footer earlier that day

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 02:39 PM

Quote:

ya , track was crap

WOW! That's hard to believe.

Now you know why I will be using a back-half/4 link car on 14X32's with a Slant motor. I MIGHT be able to hook there.
Posted By: DRAGRCR632

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 04:08 PM

dont know about that track being crappy

went there testing went 1.11 60 4.81 to 1/8

track was pretty good

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 04:35 PM

Quote:

dont know about that track being crappy

went there testing went 1.11 60 4.81 to 1/8

track was pretty good

not on sat afternoon you didn't

started with a morning 1.36 60 ft and by 2pm all we could get was a low 1.50 60 ft . track went a way .maybe they did some work for the all bracket race in the evening after 4 pm if thats when you went

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/10/09 06:06 PM

heres jerry hays making my tiny little wheelie look stupid

Attached picture 5220291-meandjerry.jpg
Posted By: fbs63

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 01:02 AM

Was a car club track rental. They prepped the track in the morning and it was great till about 11am. I think all the street tire cars(a lot) took there toll on it. I sure wish they would have a slick only test and tune day!
Bob

Attached picture 5220980-CarPic2.jpg

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 01:44 AM

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 02:34 AM

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 03:51 AM

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 11:41 AM

when we started at 9 am the track was sticky to walk on but after about 11ish our 60 fts started to go away .walking the starting line showed the stickiness was gone . about 80 street tired cars were running trough the water box and you know what that does to the track . the club did not have the extra cash that denny wanted to spray the track which by the way was done as soon as the club cars vacated the track.so i'm sure when you got there the surface was sticky again.i think the fastest car there that day ran an 8.60 but wound up putting it on the trailer as the surface went away.had you been there then maybe you would not have rained on my post and felt some need to be insulting . lots of guys on moparts just like you .

and ya i might not be the race car god you consider yourself to be but i still race and have a good time and if anyone is high it would be you as you seem to be high on your self

nobody was crying only making an observation

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 11:45 AM

this post was meant to share a video of my car with the moparts crowd

now it is a BS one
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 12:05 PM

Quote:

now it is a BS one

I enjoyed the video..

yeah theres always one that has to be the heckler or...I can do it better...

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 12:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

now it is a BS one

I enjoyed the video..

yeah theres always one that has to be the heckler or...I can do it better...

thanks.

i don't have a big tired chassis car that can hook in a car wash but i can drive it to dairy queen with grandkids in the back seat

Attached picture 5221712-buck.jpg
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 12:43 PM

nice video qwk have you played with shock adjustments? probably has nothing to with launch but it looks like the front end (by the way the tires are setting in the video)sets funny. how do you have the alignment set? it's hard to get a car set up to run good on all tracks. the better the suspension and parts the easier it is imo. if your running leaf springs it will be challenging. I know I know lots of people running fast on them. remember everybody has opinions so don't get all reved up when they do..

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 12:45 PM

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 12:48 PM

Quote:

hey rob im surprised you can fit in your car with a helmet that big or drive it with your sore shoulder after patting yourself on the back.yea were just a bunch of lowly bracket racers unlike you who is a real racer.

oh knock it off, he has a right to his opinion, don't take it personal

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 12:55 PM

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 01:03 PM

Attached picture 5221758-41#3.jpg

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 01:49 PM

Quote:

nice video qwk have you played with shock adjustments? probably has nothing to with launch but it looks like the front end (by the way the tires are setting in the video)sets funny. how do you have the alignment set? it's hard to get a car set up to run good on all tracks. the better the suspension and parts the easier it is imo. if your running leaf springs it will be challenging. I know I know lots of people running fast on them. remember everybody has opinions so don't get all reved up when they do..

hey quicktree,
i have a home made ladder bar setup with QA1 single adjustable front and rear
thats what we were doing that day , playing with the shock adjustments . i usually cut 1.40-1.44 60's and under the of guidance of bobo (MENDEZ MOTORSPORTS)we got it to 60 with a solid 1.36 . in the video i got a good launch and then it got a little loose . it got worse after that as the street tire guys were dragging water to the line. so we quit tuning and just played around , my car will run 10.40's starting out in 2nd.

also my home made front end does not have a lot of travel due to the angle of the upper balljoint and in the video i had removed the limiter to see how it would react.next time i will footbrake it to see the diff of not using the brake.

i do most of my own work and take it personal if someone belittles my car or me . i don't claim to be any big time race car guy only a lowly hotrodder PEACE

I may be a waxer at heart but i can and have put racers on the trailer but never Lonnie

Attached picture 5221822-0526526117485.jpg

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 01:55 PM

there fixed

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 03:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

hey quicktree,
i have a home made ladder bar setup with QA1 single adjustable front and rear
thats what we were doing that day , playing with the shock adjustments . i usually cut 1.40-1.44 60's and under the of guidance of bobo (MENDEZ MOTORSPORTS)we got it to 60 with a solid 1.36 . in the video i got a good launch and then it got a little loose . it got worse after that as the street tire guys were dragging water to the line. so we quit tuning and just played around , my car will run 10.40's starting out in 2nd.

also my home made front end does not have a lot of travel due to the angle of the upper balljoint and in the video i had removed the limiter to see how it would react.next time i will footbrake it to see the diff of not using the brake.

i do most of my own work and take it personal if someone belittles my car or me . i don't claim to be any big time race car guy only a lowly hotrodder PEACE

I may be a waxer at heart but i can and have put racers on the trailer but never Lonnie

it's all good, I don't think Ron intended to belittle you or the car. looks like you may need to tighten the bump on the shocks a little and see what it does. kind of trial and error messing with these things. what works on one car may not work on another. good luck and keep us posted. I do all my own work also (be it right or wrong I have to live with it )

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 03:56 PM

while researching DRAGRCR632's posts i came across a guy with an alterk who had some issues from a loss of travel.sounds like what i am experiencing.

Attached picture 5222007-3186302852763.jpg

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 04:16 PM

Quote:

while researching DRAGRCR632's posts i came across a guy with an alterk who had some issues from a loss of travel.sounds like what i am experiencing.

do you have double adjustible shocks?

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 05:04 PM

no QA! single adj
each click adjusts both

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 06:11 PM

Quote:

Nice, you guys coming next weekend?

work schedule says no and i am gonna miss the 10.0 race but you guys have fun

Re: US 41 VIDEO OF QWK ENUF - 05/11/09 10:55 PM

Rob, if you can take your car to 41 in the day time and run it all the way to the end you'd be my new hero.

I'm betting you can't though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums