Moparts

Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!!

Posted By: Anonymous

Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 02:41 AM

well all my parts are in and the new motor will be getting assembled very shortly.looks like june sometime.
all i can say is 8.40's for sure.
just have to order the new LSM cam and get my converter redone, everything else is in house.
this new combo is going to be sick.!!!
Posted By: jkgtx

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 03:00 AM

looking foward to see the new mill
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 03:07 AM

Nice Chris...
I wish my machinist would get on the ball, I just might finish the car and body/paint before he hones the block, and balance's the rotating assembly...
It's been there since January...

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 03:59 AM

Quote:

well all my parts are in and the new motor will be getting assembled very shortly.looks like june sometime.
all i can say is 8.40's for sure.
just have to order the new LSM cam and get my converter redone, everything else is in house.
this new combo is going to be sick.!!!

8.40? What are you putting in, Larry Dixon's Top Fuel motor???

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 04:37 AM

that must be the new 1400 HP predator headed combo.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 05:04 AM

So you are gonna go 8.40s in an all steel 65 Plymouth with 2 AFB style carbs on an INDY crossram. I want to see that.

Monte

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:06 AM

since everyone feels that 422 motorsports rules are ok to use, i decided to go that route.if you cant beat em, join em.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:14 AM

You must be smoking some of that kelp hash from your fish tank.ROTFLMFAO A new Elvis is now on Moparts. Is this what goes through your little mind while in the bathroom practicing your quickshot aim?

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/06/09 11:20 AM

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

A new Elvis is now on Moparts.

HA HA HA

HA!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 12:03 PM

so Chris....what sick parts are in this thing...

and...what did it weigh last time out...

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 12:08 PM

Quote:

The sick stuff is in his mind,It's a game he plays with him self,by himself behind the closed bathroom door.And he always wins.
Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 12:24 PM

LOL.....

Quote:

Quote:

The sick stuff is in his mind,It's a game he plays with him self,by himself behind the closed bathroom door.And he always wins.

Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 01:17 PM

Suprised to see this approach after that entire arguement about YOUR definition of a TRUE NSS car. Good luck on your quest to be fastest car at a Bracket / Index Race.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 01:29 PM

8.40"That's a bold statement from a one eyed fat man"(from the movie True Grit,with John Wayne)
Posted By: RAT PATROL

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 01:37 PM

Well, you have to admit, he does liven it up a little bit with all his "stuff". As long as he doesn't ever think that he's the fastest (mid pack) NSS car at my zip code, I'm OK with it.

Attached picture 5211550-RATPATROL005.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 01:43 PM

Quote:

Well, you have to admit, he does liven it up a little bit with all his "stuff". As long as he doesn't ever think that he's the fastest (mid pack) NSS car at my zip code, I'm OK with it.

There is nothing wrong with setting higher goals for one's self as long as you don't set yourself up for failure
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 02:35 PM

Quote:

since everyone feels that 422 motorsports rules are ok to use, i decided to go that route.if you cant beat em, join em.

Way to stand up for one's principles Kind of made that whole diatribe of a post about who is fastest NSS car a total waste of time and bandwidth here huh

Hey best of luck on the quest. I think you are about to find out how hard it is to run 8 anything, let alone 8.40
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 02:56 PM

I'm not feeling the love ...
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 02:57 PM

What are you talking about john? I can smell the love from here!
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 03:00 PM

Quote:

So you are gonna go 8.40s in an all steel 65 Plymouth with 2 AFB style carbs on an INDY crossram. I want to see that.

Monte

Well Monte in THOERY they should be hitting that number. Look at the SS/AH with what...440 or so inches. Those guys have no cubic inch limit it seems as they're all claiming BIG wedgies.

So yea, if the moder's a biggie, it SHOULD run the number...
Posted By: Somerdale Flash

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 03:11 PM

Quote:

What are you talking about john? I can smell the love from here!

Speaking of Love...
Will BGR send help again to SSR, as requested...
Posted By: TMP66

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 03:44 PM

Quote:

Those guys have no cubic inch limit it seems as they're all claiming BIG wedgies.

This is exactally why if NSS had weight to cubic inch classes/index's it would be more of a real deal than just throwing fiberglass and cubic inches along with cubic money around and boasting 'look what I can do'
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 04:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Well Monte in THOERY they should be hitting that number. Look at the SS/AH with what...440 or so inches. Those guys have no cubic inch limit it seems as they're all claiming BIG wedgies.

A SS/AH, is...well...a HEMI, not a wedge with a poorly designed intake and even more sorry carbs. SS/AH cars have big tires, 4 links and they scream those motors to 9,000+ rpm. It takes a SERIOUS piece of any kind to push a 3,000 pound car to low 8s, much less one restricted to that intake and carb combo.

Monte

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 04:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

A SS/AH, is...well...a HEMI, not a wedge with a poorly designed intake and even more sorry carbs. SS/AH cars have big tires, 4 links and they scream those motors to 9,000+ rpm. It takes a SERIOUS piece of any kind to push a 3,000 pound car to low 8s, much less one restricted to that intake and carb combo.

Monte

In addition to what Monte said, most of the SS/AH motors in the fast cars arn't built to go a whole season of bracket racing. Those guys are set for kill, not the same as someone that wants to dial in for a season without constant wrenching.
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 05:04 PM

What's so "nostalgic" about a NSS car running 9's, much less 8's?

Just my .
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 05:09 PM

"What's so "nostalgic" about a NSS car running 9's, much less 8's?"

It's fast, and I applaud the effort it takes to do it, but to me it's a fast bracket car....not a NSS car.

Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 05:19 PM

Not saying its impossible but...
I would bet it would take better than 1000HP to the rear tires to get it done at 3K lbs.. And figure in 18-20% drive train loss...well its a bunch North of 1500hp to the crank.
Said engine in AJ's car would just about qualify in the Pro stock field.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 05:28 PM

"This is exactally why if NSS had weight to cubic inch classes/index's it would be more of a real deal than just throwing fiberglass and cubic inches along with cubic money around and boasting 'look what I can do' "

If it were that way it would be ALL about money. Right now, if Chris runs his 8.40, I can still win with my 10.80...he has no real advantage except maybe in bragging rights.

Make it an unlimited budget "car for the class" and it will be ruined.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 05:32 PM

I think the cool thing about NSS is there is room for almost everyone running the old style engines and bodys. You can have a guy running a period correct 409 running 12:00s or a guy running a max effort 427FE going in the 8s. They all are on an equal playing field because of the index style racing. The challenge for me is to see how hard I can make my 1963 block FE run within my budget. I also want to go some rounds in the eliminator. The old style motors are what make it interesting to me. I could be going alot faster, easier and cheaper with a 460 style big block(not NSS legal) but I choose to run the FE and go NSS racing.

By the way we had 29 NSS cars at the first 422 Allstars race... I think that is pretty good and they fed us to boot!!!
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 05:34 PM

Quote:

Not saying its impossible but...
I would bet it would take better than 1000HP to the rear tires to get it done at 3K lbs.. And figure in 18-20% drive train loss...well its a bunch North of 1500hp to the crank.
Said engine in AJ's car would just about qualify in the Pro stock field.

Not to bust your bubble but those motors make just over 900hp, and just under 800 at the rear tires. The chassis are just sorted out that good to get a 3215lb. car with 438 cu.in. down the track that fast. Pro stock are closer to 1400 hp.@2250lbs.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 05:57 PM

Jody.....we had planned to be there, but some things came up, family wise, and it couldn't be done. I was bummed, and pouted around for a while but I did get over it.

Perhaps we'll see you at Numida....or MG, certainly at BSD.

How did you do?

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 06:22 PM

I didn't do well. I had some oil pressure issues in qualifying so I withdrew my car and became crew chief for dad... We found the problem at home and the car is fixed and ready to go now. Dad went a couple of rounds though. We had a good time and saw lots of old friends. The food was good too!! I was looking for you. I wondered what had happened to you.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 06:55 PM

I would think that it would take a setup like the old NSCA Pro Nostalgia class...Four link, all fiberglass doors, fenders, hood, deck lid, bumpers and lexan windows, Gutted interior..Then a 600cu.in. motor with high dollar heads, sheet metal intake with 850 holleys, pro trans, trans brake...Brian Booze's 61'Galaxie comes to mind..And It was a stick car..It went what 8.70 pretty consistent..You re taking three tenths quicker than that car.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 07:21 PM

Quote:

I would think that it would take a setup like the old NSCA Pro Nostalgia class...Four link, all fiberglass doors, fenders, hood, deck lid, bumpers and lexan windows, Gutted interior..Then a 600cu.in. motor with high dollar heads, sheet metal intake with 850 holleys, pro trans, trans brake...Brian Booze's 61'Galaxie comes to mind..And It was a stick car..It went what 8.70 pretty consistent..You re taking three tenths quicker than that car.

Exactly, but talk is easy. Im gonna break the sound barrier this year and go faster then a pro stock car. See how easy that was.
Posted By: BottomBulbRacer

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 08:57 PM

8.40's @ 3500 lbs on a 10.5" tire!

Sounds like this boy is dreaming OR in over his head and gonna get hurt!
Posted By: REHBERGERRACING

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 10:56 PM

8.40's.. ...good luck!
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:14 PM

Like I said on his other dumb a$$ post.If you think a big cubic inch motor and a boat load of money is going to guarantee you 8 sec time slips,you guys are dreaming,let alone 8.40's.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:15 PM

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:19 PM

you'll see, i have most of the parts are here and this combo makes 1200+ HP on motor MONTE.its naturally aspirated no artificial stuff.this is a proven combo already been built and run with well over 100 passes last season its a proven combo.there are plenty of 8.50 cars with nitrous on 10.5 tires going 8.50's. my car is 3322 lbs.
maybe after i make a few passes i'll take one of those high quality chassis classes you offer.
its funny how all you children cant wish me luck like some of your other moparts buddies. its all good though.
just wish me luck.its fun going fast and addicting.
ill post results on utube when its done.
and it will be on a 10.5 tire, NO SPRAY.
even if it goes 8.50 which shouldnt be a problem, this is gonna be one heck of a ride.
thanks for all the positive helpful compliments.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:30 PM

Quote:

Brian's car "Pale Rider" was a '62 Galaxie. Charlie Booze's car "Red Liner" was a '61 Starliner. Both were way way far from 600 cu.in. It actually was right around 450 cu.in. If you remember P/N was a lbs. per cu. in. class. It also was not a fly weight but not 4,000 lbs. either. Brian's motor made in the ballpark of 900 hp. Lots of time and work went into both of those Galaxies to make them run that hard. It was a total package not just a big motor. Kuntz power!!! They both also ran Edelbrock heads.
Posted By: 68Fastback

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:51 PM

Hey Superstockracer good luck I hope you can make us Mopar guys proud. Can you give some details on the motor please.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/06/09 11:56 PM

its going to have well over 500 cubes and not indy heads and 2 holleys this time, i need to make up new headers for this motor once it gets into the 65 dodge. new A! converter,also putting on a driveshaft sensor to check converter efficiency once motor is running.
i always use a Altronics O2 alert to get my A/F correct, one sensor in each bung.
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 12:09 AM

Best of luck Chris, It will run faster if you have a piece of my chicken before you do your run. ..Phill

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 12:21 AM

so im just gonna take a stab here and say you bought a certain pair of b1 ts heads..... but yea, I like how you changed your mind all of a sudden about a true NSS car. dont be surprised if your car doesnt run a 8.40... anyone can drop a top sportsman motor in one of these cars and be someone fast.... 8.40s? no. What kind of plate system will you be putting on it?

good luck on the combo....

Casey

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 12:37 AM

Quote:

so im just gonna take a stab here and say you bought a certain pair of b1 ts heads..... but yea, I like how you changed your mind all of a sudden about a true NSS car. dont be surprised if your car doesnt run a 8.40... anyone can drop a top sportsman motor in one of these cars and be someone fast.... 8.40s? no. What kind of plate system will you be putting on it?

good luck on the combo....

Casey

and the hemi belvedere is getting a tranbrake and wheelie bars to come out to pittsburgh and run with you heavy hitters.
really looking forward to racing with you guys.
oh casey i was runner up again last weekend.
Posted By: TMP66

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 12:37 AM

Quote:

"What's so "nostalgic" about a NSS car running 9's, much less 8's?"

It's fast, and I applaud the effort it takes to do it, but to me it's a fast bracket car....not a NSS car.

When you get to pick your own class based only on how your car performs, all NSS cars are bracket cars.
Posted By: biff426

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 01:03 AM

Quote:

you'll see, i have most of the parts are here and this combo makes 1200+ HP on motor MONTE.its naturally aspirated no artificial stuff.this is a proven combo already been built and run with well over 100 passes last season its a proven combo.there are plenty of 8.50 cars with nitrous on 10.5 tires going 8.50's. my car is 3322 lbs.
maybe after i make a few passes i'll take one of those high quality chassis classes you offer.
its funny how all you children cant wish me luck like some of your other moparts buddies. its all good though.
even if it goes 8.50 which shouldnt be a problem, this is gonna be one heck of a ride.

Hope it's a 4 link
hope you have a digital 7
wheelie bars????
alot of patiance???
GOOD TRANS?? 727 with turbo action valve body don't mean good trans
I think if you have all the above and some driving skill 1200hp will get you there should be a fun ride

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 01:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hope it's a 4 link
hope you have a digital 7
wheelie bars????
alot of patiance???
GOOD TRANS?? 727 with turbo action valve body don't mean good trans
I think if you have all the above and some driving skill 1200hp will get you there should be a fun ride

digital 7 yes,
pro trans. yes
triple adjustable ladder bars yes
no wheelie bars
ask BG on my driving skills, should be a fun ride.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 01:31 AM

good job chris

i didnt no you run a protans, thats the next thing for our car

I guess ill see you in pittsburgh, you runnin hemi im guessin?

casey

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 01:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Brian's car "Pale Rider" was a '62 Galaxie. Charlie Booze's car "Red Liner" was a '61 Starliner. Both were way way far from 600 cu.in. It actually was right around 450 cu.in. If you remember P/N was a lbs. per cu. in. class. It also was not a fly weight but not 4,000 lbs. either. Brian's motor made in the ballpark of 900 hp. Lots of time and work went into both of those Galaxies to make them run that hard. It was a total package not just a big motor. Kuntz power!!! They both also ran Edelbrock heads.

You are correct Jody, I was thinking of the "Pale Rider" 62' car..I thought it had more cubes than that..It is one impressive car and it won everything...I am a big fan of the 61-64 galaxies along with the 66-67 Fairlane GT cars.. I have been looking fo a 64' Custom Post for a long time. I had a ex-highway patrol 64'post in the late seventies 406/ C-6/ 4.10 it was a fun ride..
I would love to build a long arm FE for NSS..

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 02:03 AM

Quote:

good job chris

i didnt no you run a protans, thats the next thing for our car

I guess ill see you in pittsburgh, you runnin hemi im guessin?

casey

not sure yet, if the new motor isnt ready, ill bring the dodge and race you. let me know how your making out.
going to take the hemi to etown for mopar day.
see what it runs,then it goes to get ladder barred, just got the chassis engineering bars in today. triple adjustable.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 02:37 AM

Well,I almost have the nitrous system done The bottle is hidden under the dash with the feed lines going into the trans bell through the the block and into a hidden fogger inside the custom sheetmetal hogan intake .Jet changes will be a NIGHTMARE

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 07:22 PM

the carbs are going to be the edelbrock 800's modified.
looks like i will have to keep it at 8.50 since its only certified to 8.50

new Crower super lite weight crank is getting balanced today, gave the machine shop all the bob weights and he has the rods,pistons

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 08:09 PM

Quote:

new Crower super lite weight crank is getting balanced today, gave the machine shop all the bob weights and he has the rods,pistons

if he has the rods and pistons, what weights did he need from you?
Posted By: 5126brl No more

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 08:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If a train leaves Chicago At 8 pm, Going 60 mph, then stops for a day, what is the capital of Maine
Posted By: actionange

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 08:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If a train leaves Chicago At 8 pm at 60 mph then stops for a day, what is the capital of Maine

NO soap radio.....

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 10:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

my engine builder has the piston and rods, he had to give the machine shop the bob weights,
so we are analyzing every word i type now trying to trap me or belittle me, i love it!!!.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/07/09 11:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

DRAM, the bob weights were the same as the ones you gave Callies for my crank.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 12:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

don't you mean the ones i would have given them had you actually given me the weights of the components?
i have to assume we're stilll talking about the crankshaft you never finished paying for???
it's okay, i've been scammed before by better.
Posted By: MIKECS

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 12:09 AM

I would like to know about how much air will the heads flow.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 12:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

don't you mean the ones i would have given them had you actually given me the weights of the components?
i have to assume we're stilll talking about the crankshaft you never finished paying for???
it's okay, i've been scammed before by better.

whatever!!!!
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 12:20 AM

This is good stuff

Thanks guys

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 12:40 AM

just got a set of jesel offset lifters for the new motor.
man are they nice, and the lightened JE pistons that are gas ported and lightened underneath are incredible.
Posted By: MIKECS

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 12:55 AM

What head flow???????????????????
Posted By: dvw

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 01:03 AM

Quote:

Is everybody forgeting Chuck from Best Machine. His 65 Dodge hasn't gone 8.40,but he has gone high 8.50s. I believe the car has to weigh 3375. However it runs a domminator, not Carters or Eddys. A local guy runs all motor at Milan with a 68 Cougar. It makes over 1300hp and recently went 8.34. How much more power does it take a 3400 lb car to go from 8.60 to 8.40? What does Chucks make? I'm sure it's a decent piece. Chris who's doing the carbs? Good luck. I'll be excited if I go 9.20
Doug

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 01:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

WALLETWEIGHT
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 01:26 AM

Chris good luck to attaining your goal.
Its not impossible ,but im sure it wont be easy running NA and going that fast. If i can help at all with getting your chassis tuned let me know

Chucks 65 is a good example that it is possible

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 01:40 AM

Quote:

Chris good luck to attaining your goal.
Its not impossible ,but im sure it wont be easy running NA and going that fast. If i can help at all with getting your chassis tuned let me know

Chucks 65 is a good example that it is possible

thanks Tony, ill probably need a few sets of depends for the 1st couple of passes and tune throughout the year but after a few runs i should get use to it.
he has built a few of these motors so its a proven combo. basic maintenence after 100 runs,
and a new parachute ought to finish it up.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 01:44 AM

Quote:

What head flow???????????????????

i believe they flow 486@.900 lift
Posted By: Chuck@Best_Machine

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 01:55 AM

My 572 makes 1065 hp @ 7600 rpm and 795 lbft

Attached picture 5215030-Milan100308.jpg
Posted By: SC304

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 02:08 AM

TS under 460?

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 02:24 AM

Quote:

Thanks Chuck for that tid-bit of info,,,,,,The wager window is now open to ALL THE NAYSAYERS.Time to help stimulate the economy here on Long Island.Lets see,,,,, WEDGEEEOMATIC gave me the idea,so he should be the first to put up or SHUT UP.How much ya puttin' up there wedgeee,how 'bout DRAM and NOJ,J,J,JOKE,,,OH,,no m,m,money.How 'bout the wrong coast,any wagering ????

Attached picture 5215121-IMG_1810.JPG

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 02:43 AM

hemi-itis.... do you even understand what you are typing? i swear sometimes you need to lay off that pipe..

casey
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 02:48 AM

I thought NSS was for poor folk like Steve and myself. Rich people should buy a SS/AH car and pour money down that well.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 02:56 AM

Quote:

hemi-itis.... do you even understand what you are typing? i swear sometimes you need to lay off that pipe..

casey

I do in fact understand everything that I type,obviously you do not.Anything you do not "get",,,PM me and I will try to enlighten you

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 04:00 AM

No i don't understand anything you babble about... not that I should care i suppose, cuz what could you possibly say thats important.... so carry on... sorry i asked..

And chris all you have to do is prove everyone wrong and we'll shut up. I have no doubt that it can be accomplished. Chuck's car is it (the kind of car we are trying to get ). Im just sayin its not gonna be as easy as you think. Finding tenths in a 9 second car is hard enough, just wait until 8's come around. I know we over estimated what we thought we could run, but we are gettin closer i suppose. I hope you do run 8.40's truthfully, nothing I would like better than seeing a big ole dodge goin 8's. So just go out there and get it done. If ya need anything let us know. We wont be able to keep up with ya but it would still be fun.

Casey
Posted By: cowbay

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 10:19 AM

I just find it amazing that this is even being discussed. 20 years ago this would of never been a real possibilty with these cars and now there is a chance of going into the mid to low eights. I hope I am there when the car runs these times coming up

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 11:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Is everybody forgeting Chuck from Best Machine. His 65 Dodge hasn't gone 8.40,but he has gone high 8.50s. I believe the car has to weigh 3375. However it runs a domminator, not Carters or Eddys. A local guy runs all motor at Milan with a 68 Cougar. It makes over 1300hp and recently went 8.34. How much more power does it take a 3400 lb car to go from 8.60 to 8.40? What does Chucks make? I'm sure it's a decent piece. Chris who's doing the carbs? Good luck. I'll be excited if I go 9.20
Doug

I never said it COULDN'T be done. Chuck knows what the he!! he's doing with a proven combo.

Aquaboy here doesn't have a clue about the engine without emailing someone for answers, let alone his chassis!

It appears to me from his actions and especially his words that he has more money than brains.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 11:10 AM

Quote:

[Lets see,,,,, WEDGEEEOMATIC gave me the idea,so he should be the first to put up or SHUT UP.How much ya puttin' up there wedgeee,how 'bout DRAM and NOJ,J,J,JOKE,,,OH,,no m,m,money.How 'bout the wrong coast,any wagering ????

Hemi-Its, I'd take your wager for a best 3 out of 5 race, after all it is a bracket race, BUT I dont want to be in the other lane on the big end when this fool puts it on its lid.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 11:15 AM

Quote:

I just find it amazing that this is even being discussed. 20 years ago this would of never been a real possibilty with these cars and now there is a chance of going into the mid to low eights. I hope I am there when the car runs these times coming up

DOM,you'll get that invitation for sure.
i did the math and its going to run its number. my engine builder and i when we built the last motor figured 9.20-9.30's. at the end of the month its going to go at least 9 teens or better.
the new motor wll infact get me to where i want to be.
maybe not on the 1st,2nd or 3rd pass, but i will be very close.
my 65 dodge is built very good. front to back and i have owned it for a long time now,
its the whole package very similar to Chuck @ Best Machines car.
Chuck and myself spoke about our combos a few onths back.
the only major difference is our heads and intakes. 8.40's these days are a challenge but its not impossible.
i like the challenge, we all strive to get our cars faster and faster.
i for one is a speed junkie. that could be the name on my car when i hit that low second pass!!

Attached picture 5215538-65DODGECORONETLEBANON1.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 12:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

DOM,you'll get that invitation for sure.
i did the math and its going to run its number. my engine builder and i when we built the last motor figured 9.20-9.30's. at the end of the month its going to go at least 9 teens or better.
the new motor wll infact get me to where i want to be.
maybe not on the 1st,2nd or 3rd pass, but i will be very close.
my 65 dodge is built very good. front to back and i have owned it for a long time now,
its the whole package very similar to Chuck @ Best Machines car.
Chuck and myself spoke about our combos a few onths back.
the only major difference is our heads and intakes. 8.40's these days are a challenge but its not impossible.
i like the challenge, we all strive to get our cars faster and faster.
i for one is a speed junkie. that could be the name on my car when i hit that low second pass!!

Go get em Chris,money talks and BS walks.Who needs knowledge and talant,that all can be bought.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 01:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Chuck for that tid-bit of info,,,,,,The wager window is now open to ALL THE NAYSAYERS.Time to help stimulate the economy here on Long Island.Lets see,,,,, WEDGEEEOMATIC gave me the idea,so he should be the first to put up or SHUT UP.How much ya puttin' up there wedgeee,how 'bout DRAM and NOJ,J,J,JOKE,,,OH,,no m,m,money.How 'bout the wrong coast,any wagering ????

I Think everyone that read this post is now a little bit dumber.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 01:25 PM

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 03:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This stuff is my daily chuckle...I hope Chris's combo runs great and I wish him the best of luck...I have found out for myself that it is not very easy to get these big 10.5 tire cars to ET..It is not at all like a tube chassis 2500# 4-link car...Everything has to be matched together perfectly.

Attached picture 5215880-coronet007.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 08:16 PM

Thanks Poppaj, it is difficult to get these cars down the track smoothly,
My 65 Dodge runs great and i got it dialed in very good.its a very consistent car and it reacts great as well.
im dieing to try a new TA converter i got.im thinking i might be able to get that 8 second pass with the new converter.
im looking for a 9 teen to 9.0 pass at the end of may at Cecil county with the car just as it is now,only it just got new slicks and going to a synthetic oil.
the new motor will be done by the end of june and it will be going in immediately.
ill post results as soon as i get it out.

does anyone have any predictions of ET and MPH????
Posted By: 5126brl No more

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 09:08 PM

Chris Good luck with your new motor

On a personal note Please stop cutting the Medication in half! They only work at full strength

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/08/09 10:06 PM

Chris,
You are making alot of changes, I would assume you are going with a 4/7swap cam around .880 lift with the B-1/BS heads, what is compression 15-1??
I would be going down to a 4.10 or 4.30 gear..I would say you will get your 8sec. timeslip but I don't know how low of a 8. poppaj

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/09/09 01:00 AM

Quote:

15.30's at 70mph ?

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/09/09 03:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

15.30's at 70mph ?

I wasnt talking about your car!!

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/09/09 03:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No doubt!!

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/11/09 03:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No doubt!!

GEEEEEEEEZ,not one bet??????

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/11/09 08:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No doubt!!

GEEEEEEEEZ,not one bet??????

Hey MR Hemi Itis will you be at E-town sunday? If so I will be stopping by to say hello!
Posted By: 65 NSS 500

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/11/09 08:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Wow never thought Id see those names here. Booze and Kuntz, Good group big nmra name. MCRP is doing my 340 even though hes a ford guy ,But booze and kuntz are good

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock will be going to the next level!! - 05/11/09 09:05 PM

That "Pale Rider " car is the one that always caught my eye...Very impressive to see a big old ford with an FE run like that...I really miss that class...
© 2024 Moparts Forums