Moparts

"Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but...

Posted By: Brad_Haak

"Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 01:36 PM

... I did find some interesting improvements w/ my 1320 between testing on Saturday and racing on Sunday

However, since I'm not sure people here care about the late-model stuff, I'll leave it up to y'all on whether I bother posting about it

Hey, gotta keep things amusing around here wink
Posted By: topside

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 02:49 PM

laugh2 I admire your sense of humor there.

Information can come in handy, and can help someone else - which is the point of a Forum.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
... I did find some interesting improvements w/ my 1320 between testing on Saturday and racing on Sunday

However, since I'm not sure people here care about the late-model stuff, I'll leave it up to y'all on whether I bother posting about it

Hey, gotta keep things amusing around here wink

Cars evolve as so should we...Gotta stay up with the tech or fall behind. Although if they continue to get all techy I'm gonna have to find a Four year old to fix my phone and drive me around.

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by topside
laugh2 I admire your sense of humor there.

Thanks grin

Point of amusement.... as of this post, there is only 1 vote for "Can I have the last 10 seconds of my life back, please?"... and it was me tonguue
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 09:03 PM

Now there is two. Vs the attention post here why not just post as you did or add onto your last post. It was great.

Now this here is just click bait. down

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 09:05 PM

Sorry 'bout that... it does seem to be the way of the world these days

BTW, I work with a guy whose last name is Click; care to guess what nickname I gave him? wink

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 09:15 PM

OK, the trend is pretty is heavy on the "post it" side, so i'll cut to the chase

First, I did attend the America vs The World event at Capitol on Sunday. YT 'stang guy was there, but said he'd been so busy with setting up the event and a new job he's starting that he didn't manage to get new wheels & drag radials for it in time.

The car's previous best was an 11.83; at the first March test session at Capitol it was running very close to that with back-to-back 11.85s. For whatever reason(s), the next day at MIR it was down about a tenth.

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 5.11.08 PM.png

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 09:25 PM

Last Friday I pulled passenger & rear seats, swapped to XS Power lightweight battery, switched to a Hellcat lower air box w/ AFE intake tube, went back to a K&N drop-in filter from a Mahle Hellcat paper filter, and swapped the 2-year old ET Street S/S 305/40R18 for new ET Street R 305/45R18.

Saturday was an open test & tune run in conjunction with a small-tire race. Air quality was very good, but it was very windy where sometimes it was cross winds and sometimes definite head winds. Given it dipped into the 11.6x and ran a couple low 11.7x, looks like it picked up a least a tenth overall, plus the ET Street Rs are working better than the old S/S.

Sunday was the America vs The World where there were open time runs, then two qualifying runs (I was signed up for the 11.00 - 11.99 class), and then eliminations. My first two open session passes were heat-soaked and way off the pace (11.88 and 11.97) as I watched the IATs hit 130 and 136 on those runs. That's why I made a point of being first in the lanes for my time trials and elimination round. Problem is I can't always be the first one there, nor can I control the heat when they start hot-lapping the rounds as the fields get smaller.

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 5.11.39 PM.png

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 09:28 PM

Car ran better than expected in qualifying since I saw how much the DA had climbed vs Saturday. I was paired against a BMW M-series car that was running 11.0s in the first round of eliminations, but even an .082 light vs his .288 wasn't enough to offset his performance advantage.

Attached picture 436128992_10233453592345891_8041384034710370288_n.jpg

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 09:38 PM

Strictly for the drool factor, this Demon 170 in the same color as my 1320 was in line ahead of me waiting for the gates to open

Attached picture 20240414_095423.jpg
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 09:47 PM

Same tires on your rig as when you ran him prior?

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/16/24 09:50 PM

No; I swapped the 2-year old ET Street S/S 305/40R18 for new ET Street R 305/45R18
Posted By: CSK

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/17/24 12:23 AM

at Idle my IAT get 115-120, but as soon as I get on it they drop to 3 to 5 deg more than ambient, the T/A has a true cold air set up , open top box that seals to the hood scoop, then the left headlight gets air also, Thanks for the update, YES post everything about our late model stuff smile
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/17/24 03:34 AM

my current racing program has sunk to such a low that I will live vicariously through even you..... so don't spare the details
Posted By: BDW

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/17/24 12:28 PM

How much weight savings for the seats and battery?

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/17/24 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
my current racing program has sunk to such a low that I will live vicariously through even you..... so don't spare the details

That's pretty desperate laugh2

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/17/24 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BDW
How much weight savings for the seats and battery?

I didn't weigh it all, but feel safe in saying ~ 130 lbs, give or take
Posted By: CSK

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/17/24 01:32 PM

There is a guy on Facebook, that has a 1320 that he has gotten pretty light, 715 lbs lighter than mine, 3550lbs without driver, everything else is stock, ran 10.91 https://www.facebook.com/Scavenger1320

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/17/24 01:38 PM

Yeah, that's Chris Ulanowicz(?) out of Texas. I met him at MIR's Modern Street Hemi Shootout back in 2022. He's also the guy who turned me onto the XS Power lightweight battery swap.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/17/24 01:48 PM

That's pretty impressive getting down into the 11.60's for a daily driver!!

There is a guy here locally that has a 5.7 RT when he comes to the track he literally strips the car of its interior including the door panels - it gets him into the low 12's
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/18/24 01:11 PM

Nice improvement!
Posted By: BDW

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/18/24 01:15 PM

What's the order of steps for the next weight reduction?
Is a CF driveshaft in the plans?

Re: "Grudge Race" with YT 'stang guy didn't happen, but... - 04/18/24 02:57 PM

I've no plans to reduce the 1320's weight further; the driver could stand to lose about 40 lbs, but that's another project in itself

The weather's decent now so I'm going to shift my focus back to the '73 yellow
© 2024 Moparts Forums