Moparts

Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore?

Posted By: Brad_Haak

Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/10/24 08:33 PM

Cuz all the CLOWNS are on YouTube! drumhit

Guess I'll be putting on a big red nose and floppy shoes for the 'Merica vs World event on Sunday at Capitol

Gonna remove some weight out of the car in advance of the rerun with the YT Mustang guy from Jersey who lost the last time we met. Hey, you could buy a new 1320 w/o a passenger seat or rear seat, so no reason I can't yank mine out before I go.

I don't know if he wants a "one and done" rematch, or best of three... doesn't matter, I'm just going to have fun. For all the YT Bozos who claimed I jumped (I didn't red-light, I had an .025 RT), I may suggest we go off a Pro tree just to stop that nonsense...

Only bummer is the forecast for Sunday is quite a bit warmer than the last time we ran, and my car doesn't handle higher temps or humidity well at all. It might be lucky to get into the 11s, depending on Mother Nature... which is why I'm pulling weight where I can easily.

Oh, I and really need to wash the car cuz there's been a tree pollen explosion in my area and it's gotten ugly fast this week. puke
Posted By: CSK

Re: Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/10/24 08:47 PM

GETTEM !!!!! smile
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/10/24 08:48 PM

Don't forget facebook, lol. Good luck Brad! I hope you run good and outrun him again.

Re: Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/10/24 08:54 PM

I'll be a lot happier Sunday if this is the only view he gets of my car... again

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 4.53.38 PM.png
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/11/24 04:54 AM

Good luck Brad!
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/11/24 05:15 AM

Good Luck!!! drive
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/11/24 10:19 AM

Hope you have a good time buddy.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/11/24 11:24 AM

Have fun!
How have the car counts been at Capitol?

Re: Know why nobody goes to the circus anymore? - 04/11/24 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by RTSE4ME
How have the car counts been at Capitol?

Decent for the few times I've been there. The weather has messed with their scheduled events a good bit this year. Capitol is still basically an outlaw track, despite them starting the process to become an IHRA member.

Also, FWIW, my focus is shifting back to the '73 now that the cold weather has moved on. Still have a good bit to do before it's ready for the track again.

Attached picture 20231008_181820.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums