Moparts

ebay hemi rocker arm set

Posted By: Craig J

ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/30/24 11:25 AM

Anyone have information about these rocker arms from Canada?

I have very little knowledge about hemi stuff, but the arm does not look very strong. My application is a mild roller cam in a 572 street car, limiter set at 6200 rpm.

I want to find something that will fit under stock valve covers and still use at least a 3/8 od push rod.

Thanks
Craig

Attached picture ebay rocker arms.jpg
Attached picture ebay rocker arms 2.jpg
Attached picture ebay rocker arms 3.jpg
Attached picture ebay rocker arms 4.jpg

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/30/24 11:45 AM

Same guy in Newmarket, Ontario is also selling these.

Attached picture ebay rocker arms 5.jpg
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/30/24 01:24 PM

I can tell you not to run those long adjustment screws. I covered those in my last video.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/30/24 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by rickseeman
I can tell you not to run those long adjustment screws. I covered those in my last video.

Good point, you did mention that is a problem. Thank you again for posting the videos.

Craig
Posted By: FJ6AAR

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/31/24 02:40 PM

I bought a set of Hemi rocker arms from a Canadian company about five years ago - different name so I don't know if it is still them - but all the bushings in every rocker arm were cracked. I sent them back and bought a new set of Stage V rollers. I've seen the Ebay ad you are referring to - they look super cheap and I would be afraid to run them. Just look at the small pin holding the roller - that alone scares me. Just my opinion.

Rickseeman - how could I view these videos you made and posted? They sound very interesting. Rob

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/31/24 03:26 PM

The video series starts here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKkjpiraZnw&list=PLB_p5kqNwI_msuwfXAduGdjI8LsgS4-2P

The last one where I was talking about rocker arm interference is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW8WATdotIU&t=9s

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/31/24 05:59 PM

I bought some of the Canadian roller rockers and shafts. When they got here I looked them over. I didn't think they could look much better. Really good looking. Hemi's are so hard on valve guides, I have to have roller rockers. I measured the ID of the bushing. It was .872". Well, I thought how is that going to fit on a .873" shaft (the Mopar spec)? Yes, I could hone them to fit but that's a lot of work and a normal guy wouldn't have a machine for that. The shafts looked good, and I measured them and they are .871". Again, not to spec but perfect clearance. So really all this was livable considering all the guy wants is rockers that work. So then I assembled them on some of those purple rocker stands and set them on some heads. They lined up with the guides very well. Now I need to put them on an engine and check the sweep of the tip through it's travel. So far I think they are very usable. But you want to run their shafts also, unless you want to hone them to your existing shafts. Maybe I should put them on the test stand engine and do a video. We won't know for many years if they will hold up to 50,000 miles or .800" lift cams. But the price on these is so good, for the 1,000 guys who have street cars, street rods, street/strip cars that don't want to spend $5,000 dollars on rocker arms, these might be great for them. Time will tell.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/31/24 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by FJ6AAR
I bought a set of Hemi rocker arms from a Canadian company about five years ago - different name so I don't know if it is still them - but all the bushings in every rocker arm were cracked. I sent them back and bought a new set of Stage V rollers. I've seen the Ebay ad you are referring to - they look super cheap and I would be afraid to run them. Just look at the small pin holding the roller - that alone scares me. Just my opinion.

Rickseeman - how could I view these videos you made and posted? They sound very interesting. Rob

Are Stage V rockers even available anymore? I contacted FHO more than once and never got any response.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/31/24 07:13 PM

I bought some of the Canadian roller rockers and shafts. When they got here I looked them over. I didn't think they could look much better. Really good looking. Hemi's are so hard on valve guides, I have to have roller rockers. I measured the ID of the bushing. It was .872". Well, I thought how is that going to fit on a .873" shaft (the Mopar spec)? Yes, I could hone them to fit but that's a lot of work and a normal guy wouldn't have a machine for that. The shafts looked good, and I measured them and they are .871". Again, not to spec but perfect clearance. So really all this was livable considering all the guy wants is rockers that work. So then I assembled them on some of those purple rocker stands and set them on some heads. They lined up with the guides very well. Now I need to put them on an engine and check the sweep of the tip through it's travel. So far I think they are very usable. But you want to run their shafts also, unless you want to hone them to your existing shafts. Maybe I should put them on the test stand engine and do a video. We won't know for many years if they will hold up to 50,000 miles or .800" lift cams. But the price on these is so good, for the 1,000 guys who have street cars, street rods, street/strip cars that don't want to spend $5,000 dollars on rocker arms, these might be great for them. Time will tell.

Thank you for the feedback Rick, I don't have any shafts, stands, or rocker arms, so the difference from the OE shafts would not make a difference for me.

Craig

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 03/31/24 10:28 PM

Stage V's rocker arms aren't available. And I don't know if they ever will be. FHO has a full plate right now. I'm sure he mainly wants to get the heads going. I don't know if he even bought the rocker arm deal. I guess he did. But the widow had an interested party that she was trying to sell that to. Let's assume he bought it all. If the deal would have gone down differently.....if there were employees at Stage V that could have kept on working and FHO could have done it from there, this would have been a whole lot easier. Then after Tim knew the business and how to make all that stuff, he could have moved it all to Florida. But the way he is having to do it....my hat is off to him. He's a better man than me. What he is having to do would be extremely difficult. He's not telling us his plans. I would like to know if he is planning on making all the products. Are we going to have valve covers? When he bought Keith Blacks all we got was blocks. (And I'm very grateful for that.) No gear drives, no rocker stands, no valve covers, no breathers, no oil pumps. Some of those things are very easy to make, I wish he would have done it. Stage V valve covers could be ordered in any configuration. 8 plug, 16 plug, cast, painted, polished, engraved, any type and amount of breathers, I love them. Hopefully we will hear from him soon. I'm sure rooting for him. Go Tim!!!
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/01/24 01:16 AM

are 392 and 426 the same rocker arm and stand> Birdtracker

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/01/24 12:56 PM

No, completely different
Posted By: FJ6AAR

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/01/24 02:03 PM

The video series starts here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKkjpiraZnw&list=PLB_p5kqNwI_msuwfXAduGdjI8LsgS4-2P

The last one where I was talking about rocker arm interference is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW8WATdotIU&t=9s

Thank you, I look forward to checking them out. Rob
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/01/24 02:52 PM

If someone had a set and set of brand names, be interesting to hardness test the pieces... At my day job, all the junk coming from PRC seems to wear fast and be soft, like it has low nickel or something, but it sells because its 1/4 the price.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/13/24 07:16 PM

Here is a video of test fitting on the Canadian rockers

https://youtu.be/lsTAqn-Qn4I
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/14/24 01:16 AM

I have roller tip rockers and they won't clear stock covers. They will put dents in the sheet metal and eventually will leak. You can see pictures of the old aluminum dual plug covers where the guys would beat them out for clearance.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/14/24 12:44 PM

I've seen lots of valve covers (and probably had some too) with the damage like you describe but usually it's the valve springs/retainers hitting them. What brand rockers do you have that hit?
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/14/24 10:39 PM

My spring retainers also hit. I think my rockers are Mopar Performance, which I have been told were Dick Lady units. I want a stock look, so I have tossed around the idea of stock rockers on the exhaust side only. My car is strictly a street car, so I have also thought about going to manifolds.
Posted By: MoonshineMattK

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/14/24 11:44 PM

Thanks for posting. I enjoy his videos
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/15/24 07:12 AM

In the early 1973 to the mid 1977 I race a 426 street Hemi in NHRA stock in division 7, SO CA,, I bought a bunch of blowned up street motors and ended up checking around six sets of stock rocker arms on one side of one motor with checking springs, I set the lash at zero and use the same cam and solid lifters on all the rocker arms sets. I saw from .030 to .140 lift differences at the retainers on the intake rocker arms and more lift differences on the exhaust rocker arms shock puke down.
I was able to get all the lifts within .015 of each other at max lift at the valves wrench up.
I hadn't heard of anyone back then fixing and blue printing those rocker arms, that happen a little later at the end of the 1970s up

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/15/24 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 71birdJ68
My spring retainers also hit. I think my rockers are Mopar Performance, which I have been told were Dick Lady units. I want a stock look, so I have tossed around the idea of stock rockers on the exhaust side only. My car is strictly a street car, so I have also thought about going to manifolds.

I recently put a couple of engines in cars that had "stock" valve covers. 1.55" x 1.88" springs. (Pretty big cams.) One had Mopar/Dick Landy rockers and the other had Stage V's. Both worked fine. The problem is, those valve covers, which "look" stock, didn't come on a car originally. Those valve covers must have more room than the ones that came on a car. If your car is a 68 there have been lots of repop valve covers for those. One of those sets might fit. Might be an easier out for you.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/16/24 03:30 PM

Here is a video of test fitting on the Canadian rockers

https://youtu.be/lsTAqn-Qn4I

Nice work Rick. Thanks.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/16/24 09:46 PM

Glad you enjoyed it
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/17/24 10:41 PM

Rick Seeman, has there been any real life test done on these rockers. Life longevity is a key element when buying rockers and being able to rebuild then is another. They are priced correctly but other have correct some issues with hemi rockers. Like you have said on your Video people just want to buy something at a reasonable price, but it I have to spend big money and feel safe that my purchases will not explode and take an expensive motor out maybe spending money is not a bad things. I do like the T&Ds and my friends race car uses the spray bar system. With Banning somethimes it take years to get information from him. I do like Stage V Rockers and if you could buy a 1.5 or 1.55 exhaust rockers and think that would solve the push rod issue on an Eddy Head. I really appreciate all that you have post via Videos and just by your posts Thank You. We all need to keep on top of this stuff that is good and bad for our hobby.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/17/24 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by hemicar1971
Rick Seeman, has there been any real life test done on these rockers. Life longevity is a key element when buying rockers and being able to rebuild then is another. They are priced correctly but other have correct some issues with hemi rockers. Like you have said on your Video people just want to buy something at a reasonable price, but it I have to spend big money and feel safe that my purchases will not explode and take an expensive motor out maybe spending money is not a bad things. I do like the T&Ds and my friends race car uses the spray bar system. With Banning somethimes it take years to get information from him. I do like Stage V Rockers and if you could buy a 1.5 or 1.55 exhaust rockers and think that would solve the push rod issue on an Eddy Head. I really appreciate all that you have post via Videos and just by your posts Thank You. We all need to keep on top of this stuff that is good and bad for our hobby.

I have seen no real life tests on those rockers. I'm hoping someone buys some and drives around for a year and can tell us what he thinks. If they will work it will give people with a budget a way to go. They look decent to me and that's a good start. Thanks for watching.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/18/24 04:41 PM

Rick talked with a friend and he suggested we go and try to have a look at what the Hemiguys sell in person. One other friend that owns a big speed shop in Canada says he knows of these guys. All of us have various types of Hemis from NSS to Stock. The one I talked to uses T&D spray bar on his NSS Belvedere and uses stock rockers on his 604 Runner. I find there is a difference in price between their web site at Hemiguys and what they sell on E Bay. I will try to find more information about these rockers and return that information to this thread if I get any.

Also your video Rick shows Aluminum Rocker Stands, I do not see them on Hemiguys website or on any other ads on E Bay.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/18/24 06:12 PM

In that video I used the billet purple stands available from most people nowadays. I can't find any stands that I like as much as KB's and we can't get those anymore. The Canadian stands aren't billet extrusions so I prefer some of the other brands. The Canadian shafts looked good to me but the OD is a hair undersized, but that matched the roller rockers so I got over it.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/27/24 04:57 PM

I got some roller rockers delivered to my door this morning by the Hemi Guy owner. I ended up knowing who he was from JR A Hockey ownership. For what I am going to use the rockers on they will be fine and likely over kill but I like that. Everything can be rebuildable with his parts in the future if I every use the motor that much on the street and that is very unlikely. Box full of happy,

Description: hemi rockers
Attached picture hemi rockers.jpg

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/28/24 12:18 AM

If you don't like the fit with those stands, replace them with another brand. You didn't really pay for the stands because by buying them complete you would have paid about as much as buying the individual pieces without the stands. I'm glad to see someone try them out. I'm sure I would soak them in hot oil before I used them to try and get some oil between the pin and roller. Can't hurt. Be sure to replace those 1-1/2" adjusters with some 1-1/4" or watch my video where they busted some Milodon magnesium valve covers and hit on some Keith Black valve covers.

Re: ebay hemi rocker arm set - 04/28/24 01:00 AM

The Hemiguy was nice enough to deliver my set to the house and I was going to ask him why the long adjuster but we got off topic with Hockey. I have some shorter ones so will be changing them up. Will clean everything and will soak in oil never hurts when it comes to a bearing. I have not decide about the Stands, I believe he uses the same stands on the stock rockers style also. A friend also looks like he is going to buy a set and invite the owner of Hemiguys down so he can take a look at his T@D Spray bar set up on his 604 Barton Motor, hemiguy was very interested in seeing the Spray bar T&D system in person. Also the rockers are 1.6 both intake and exhaust.
© 2024 Moparts Forums