Moparts

Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE!

Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/16/24 05:46 PM

Tuning day is here finally. Guess we‘ll see what is what and start racing this thing!

Attached picture IMG_6453.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_6452.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_6450.jpeg
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/16/24 06:09 PM

up
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/16/24 06:41 PM

Happy dynoing!!

Car looks bada$$ up
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/16/24 07:23 PM

Looks great Wes! Good luck to you! up
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/16/24 07:31 PM

Looking forward to seeing the numbers. Good luck!
Posted By: topside

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/16/24 09:00 PM

That car sure looks "the business" (as the Brits would say) - nice clean build ! up

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/16/24 10:09 PM

Thanks gents.

More pics…..

Videos coming soon…..

Attached picture IMG_6481.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_6479.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_6487.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_6491.jpeg
Posted By: 80arrow

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/16/24 10:13 PM

That looks sooooo awesome!!!
Posted By: racerx

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 03:55 AM

smoke....is all i can say.

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 04:04 AM

Video…..

https://youtube.com/shorts/eJnZ8_Tm7GY?si=XoN9e1Wcz5XYsz0e
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 04:39 AM

Glad to see you got the furniture and household goods off of it finally!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 02:33 PM

Car is looking and sounding very good! I'm sure you put up some repectable #'s, It's nice to see you enjoying it and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Tig

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by topside
That car sure looks "the business" (as the Brits would say) - nice clean build ! up

Or "The Dogs Danglies **" grin Nice ride up

Note ** Danglies = [censored], which is a rude word grin
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 03:01 PM

Good luck. I have only chassis dyno'd one of my cars once, and engine dyno'd one of my other engines once. I never cared what any of my other engines made for power. It is always a fun experience as we dyno dozens of engines almost every day.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 03:57 PM

Well shruggy

At least tell us if your happy with the number

Looks great Wes !
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 04:04 PM

That thing sounds so good. I listened to it several times on Facebook last night.

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 05:49 PM

Thanks gents. Yesterday was a good day. Great car, excellent engine build by Brett Miller..

Back in Aug or Sep ‘22 I took the car to the track to get my license again. It ran “OK” but I wasn’t happy. Although it was super hot and a bit humid that evening as well. So I knew some things needed to be looked in to, and I also needed to get up to speed as well.

The carb started out as a Holley Gen 3 Dom - wasn’t good enough. Then went to Dale Cubic at CFM, and still needed tweaks to get it close (on engine dyno), then I felt it wasn’t good enough and sent it to Bob Book. After several tweaks it came around for the most part.

I made a change to Brett’s new 420-2 intake, put it on and the motor felt like it was running on 4-cylinders LOL. Yep, major leak! Went through almost everything, and turns out the bottom inside flanges of the intake were contacting the top of the valley tray so the intake was not sealing properly. It sure didn’t look or feel that way when I installed it. So Mike at Comp machined the flanges and it was a perfect fit after that. Thanks to my buddy JBody for having a set of intake gaskets I wasn’t delayed with getting the intake back on it. But I will say I didn’t enjoy cutting/trimming the gaskets to match the port holes LOL! The Cometic gaskets I ordered had a 6-8 week wait time, so I really appreciated Jay offering me 2-sets. Reinstalled the intake and everything was good to go! Then life got busy and the car sat for a couple months until yesterday.

I still wasn’t happy with the carb, but wanted to fight it some more before throwing in the town to make a switch to EFI. Figured the tuning at the dyno would help……and it did.

My purpose for the dyno was to get the car running good and clean, especially before nitrous is introduced to the motor. I wasn’t chasing any “numbers” because I already have Brett’s dyno sheet so I know it’s potential. I’m happy to say we achieved our purpose yesterday.

The car is setup for nitrous - motor, converter, gears, and ran it as if I was going to spray it (minus plugs and timing used).

Used VP C23 fuel, NGK -9 plugs and 34* timing. Only made pulls in 7600-7800 area, but it’ll go to 8200 all day.

After the baseline pull we made some changes to the carb. It was rich (as I expected), but still made good power and torque. After the jetting changes to the carb it picked up on every pull after that. It REALLY likes fuel early and pulls hard all the way through. AFR is now where it needs to be.

PTC’s Kenny Ford did a nice job on the bolt-together converter. Initially I was a little worried it would have to come out for changes, but I believe from how things looked yesterday I’m confident it’ll be fine when I spray....for now.

Decided to let it cool off and went to lunch. Came back, lashed the valves and made another pull. Yeah she’s ready…….for the bottle.

So YES, I’m very happy how things turned out and it’s making great power, and backs up Brett’s engine dyno numbers. I’m now going to install the fire system, Racepak O2’s, and then hit the track with the bottle turned on. I think it’s going to run real good on the gun if it hooks up. I'm ready for the suspension challenged awaiting me!! One thing is for sure……gonna need more bars inside LOL…….but that’s going to have to wait because I want to get out with it. For the near future I can see EFI, removal of the big plate system being swapped for a single fogger, and some weight reduction.

Attached picture IMG_6508.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_6509.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_6511.jpeg
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 06:07 PM

Looks absolutely incredible Wes!
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 08:54 PM

Numbers? popcorn
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/17/24 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Numbers? popcorn

Attached picture 7BEE7E02-7AC1-4E70-946E-01CCE03079C3.jpeg
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/18/24 03:34 AM

Very sharp looking car! Two questions if you don’t mind, who made your cowl hood and are you happy with the quality and what are the sizes of your rear wheels and tires? wave
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/19/24 10:54 AM

Car looks great Wes.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/19/24 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Numbers? popcorn

Ah, the old cone of silence trick eh!
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/19/24 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by fbs63
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Numbers? popcorn

Ah, the old cone of silence trick eh!

I'm guessing with the "N/T" on the window, it also means No Numbers... So my guess is, North of 50hp, and South of 2000hp. LOL!
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/19/24 12:28 PM

Those back tires look similar to what I use. 325/50 on a 10” rim with the standard bs 3 3/8.

Attached picture IMG_0328.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_0326.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1600.jpeg
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/19/24 02:10 PM

Wes choses to not give out numbers, so consider the possibilities. What would a max effort 440 inch w9 smallblock nitrous motor be capable of? All i will say is some of the best hands in the business were a part of the motor build, and it WILL put down some great numbers.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/19/24 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Tuning day is here finally. Guess we‘ll see what is what and start racing this thing!
was this andys old car
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/19/24 03:30 PM

That is one good looking car......
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/19/24 04:12 PM

I'm sure it has way more than my 12.5:1 T rammed 511.
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Been a while……FINALLY……Hub Dyno day is HERE! - 02/26/24 12:54 AM

Hey Wes, Nice ride. Haven't been on in a long time. How have you been? matt
© 2024 Moparts Forums