Moparts

Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX

Posted By: Plumb Wired

Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 03:45 AM

Just got off the phone with GearJammerDart, Donald Carter, he made it down to 8 cars at Pinks All Out at ZMAX Dragway. His 69 Dart is powered by a Hensley built 422", W2 combo with a Liberty 5 speed. The car ran consistant 9.90's all weekend and Donald did his job behind the wheel.

Mike Gray
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 03:52 AM

Congrats. any pics. Great driving !!
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:00 AM

.......thats kool
Posted By: mike67net

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:12 AM

Congrats! That Liberty sure is working out well for you!

Mike
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:30 AM

Way to go Donald!!
Posted By: MSMOPAR340

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:57 AM

Quote:

Congrats. any pics. Great driving !!

Hey guys, I'm working on getting some pics uploaded for you to see. We are still at our hotel and boy some of the things I can't wait to talk about and the stories to tell. It was truly awesome to see Doug make the field and watch him race 4 wide! They were pitted near us and were really great people.

Thanks Doug for your concerns about the my car as well. Always nice to meet such great people here on Moparts and then face to face at the track!

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 12:08 PM

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 12:23 PM

Here you go, there's plenty more but here are some of the highlights, ENJOY!

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 12:27 PM

And some more!

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 12:33 PM

cool pic's, congrats guys. I just thought of something. can you imagine bracket racing all 4 cars against each other at the same time? that would be fun trying to judge the top end with cars coming up on both sides.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 12:41 PM

Great pics! Thanks for posting them.

Congrats to Don for making a showing!

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 12:42 PM

I can honestly say just from being there and watching it in the stands, it was a HUGE rush for us. And the excitement from the crowd was just AMAZING! But to race it, would be WOW! I can't wait to see the show when it airs!

BTW, did I mention that my sister and I got MAJOR camera time with the Pinks Crew. We went from a sister racing interview into a well, car broke interview later in the day. So but from talking to everyone we interviewed with, we are SURE to make the show if not both (All Out and Outtakes)...

I also want to add that it was really cool meeting some of the other Moparts members. We got the pleasure of pitting right next to Hemiparts, and then spent some time with RonP. All moparts members truly turn out to be such great people! So it was nice meeting you guys. Thanks for all your support as well.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 12:54 PM

Congrats to Don, had to be pretty cool watching four lanes too

Rickster
Posted By: RonP

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 12:59 PM

Well, even though we had all the reports from last week that put doubt in everyones heads, the even was a blast because we all made it that way.

Chasity, it was a true pleasure meeting you and your family. I hate it that you broke, but we know you will be back strong.

I thought for sure I would make it once they started calling some of the cars I saw run in my time group, but I was a little too fast for the pick . The ET ended up being right at 9.90-10.20 according to one of the Pinks guys I talked to.

all in all it was a great time with some great folks. The temperatures were close to 90 and the heat in the pits and on the track was killer. Plenty of sun screen needed

Donald, I never got a chance to cath up with you, but awesome job running that dart. It looked and sounded great .
Posted By: gearjammerdart

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 10:04 PM

Thanks for the comments, I had a great time this weekend. First pass on Friday morning left at 5000rpms and it spun down track a ways and went a 9.96 at 133. Second pass car left good went 6.27@109 1/8th and 9.90@133 which is a new best!!! Saturday morning and Saturday evening sessions were within a few thou went 6.27@109 and 9.91@133 both passes! The car lays down at about 1100 feet, just too much gear for the 1/4 mile. I felt it was a honor to be picked. Never felt so tongue tied before in my life LOL. The four lane deal was really cool but being in the far lane it was hard to see Rich through the window net. The last round I ran a Malibu, I don't know if I left on him or not but after 5th I looked over and his nose was at the rear of my door, when my car laid over he came right around me.
I never had the car up on jack stands all weekend long and had the hood off only once. The Liberty was awesome as well.

All in all I had a great time and only have one regret, my children were unable to come out on the starting line because they didn't have a wrist band. This was more their dream than mine I guess, It was my daughter's 6th birthday on Fri and it would have been nice to have them there.

MSMOPAR340, it was very nice to meet you, sorry about the motor. Thanks for posting the pics.

Jesse was that your red duster? If so that is a beautiful car.

The guys with the red challenger also had a very nice car.

This was an experience that my family and I will never forget! I would recommend it to everyone

A big thanks to Chris(Beequik)for getting the car clean and helping me on the starting line. Also nice to see his dad and Doug again. BTW Chris and Doug will clean cars for food LOL

Donald
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 10:24 PM

Donald,

I was right on the line, you pulled him by maybe 1/2 a fender and were out on him as far down as i could see down the track....he must have just had enough gear left over to "spray" by you in the lights.

Who wound up winning?

Great job!!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 10:49 PM

Great job, that 4 wide stuff must have been a blast for sure. Cant wait to see the show on TV
Posted By: BEEQUIK

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:04 PM

Congratulations to Donald for an excellent showing and let me tell you this was an awesome event!! It was long and hot yesterday but well worth it when they called Donald's car number. Here are a couple more pics(rare signature series)of yesterday. Donald won his four lane race and that was simply incredible. He was not one-at-A-timing, Donald was mass-eliminating!You really had to be there to see it but watching 4 cars launching and trying to see who was winning was unreal. Here are the pics I scanned...

Attached picture 5189656-Donald-starting-line.jpg

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:16 PM

Here is the 4 lane pic, cars launching wheels up! Donald is way down on the end,hanging the hoops!Made it down to the all out 8 and got squeeked out by the N20 car in the other lane. Donald did not win , but they all knew we were there!! Would have loved for Donald to have to shave his head,maybe next time.Raced 2 days and never had to blow the dust off the jack or the tools. Compared to any race last year this was a great success. 9.90's on the motor with the solenoids hanging off the carb waiting for wiring?Stay tuned for the next race report...

Attached picture 5189680-Pinks_Donald_Carter-4-lane-.jpg
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:25 PM

Quote:

Here is the 4 lane pic, cars launching wheels up! Donald is way down on the end,hanging the hoops!Made it down to the all out 8 and got squeeked out by the N20 car in the other lane. Donald did not win , but they all knew we were there!! Would have loved for Donald to have to shave his head,maybe next time.Raced 2 days and never had to blow the dust off the jack or the tools. Compared to any race last year this was a great success. 9.90's on the motor with the solenoids hanging off the carb waiting for wiring?Stay tuned for the next race report...

that pic made me dizzy.

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:26 PM

I fixed it,sorry.

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/26/09 11:29 PM

Red chevy II wound up winning .First gen.

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:04 AM

Here is a pic of Rich clapping for one of Donald's many past the starting line burnouts...

Attached picture 5189760-Donald-burnout-pinks.jpg

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:06 AM

If that pic made you dizzy watch this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kygNlhkaBE
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:18 AM

WHY on earth would you want to run 4 cars at once
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:26 AM

Quote:

If that pic made you dizzy watch this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kygNlhkaBE

That is friecking awsome!!! Come on Chris, I know you have more pics. than that!
Posted By: REHBERGERRACING

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:37 AM

Looks like you guys had a good time. That 4 lane deal is bad a$$ !!! Cool pics.

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:38 AM

Somebody kept me too busy to take a bunch of pics...

Attached picture 5189841-starting-line-pinks-chris.jpg
Posted By: JesseR

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:50 AM

Here are a few more pictures for you guys. I wish i could have met more Moparts members, but we were laying under the duster most of the weekend trying to get to hook. Yes Donald the red duster is ours and your dart was running as good as it looks. I wish we would had time to meet in the lanes but i had a leaky tire that kept us on the run for air. Congrats on the final 8, i was standing right about where your car nosed over, i thought you had him. It was a blast and i can't wait to see it air, I hung out with RonP and JohnnyP quiet a bit and it was a pleasure. Enjoy the pics, Jesse

Attached picture 5189884-pinks@zmax001.jpg

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:52 AM

Attached picture 5189886-pinks@zmax003.jpg

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:53 AM

Attached picture 5189889-pinks@zmax004.jpg

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:54 AM

Attached picture 5189893-pinks@zmax005.jpg

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:55 AM

Attached picture 5189898-pinks@zmax007.jpg

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:57 AM

Last one,getting put on the trailer, 4 wide dragracin is unbelieveable. The guy that put us out only lives about 30 minutes from me! Jesse

Attached picture 5189902-pinks@zmax009.jpg
Posted By: RonP

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 01:09 AM

Congrats again guys. Great pics
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 02:07 AM

Awesome pics! That 4 lane track must have been a total blast.

Chasity, what happened to the motor?

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 03:02 AM

Well just got home and right now we aren't really sure exactly what all is wrong. Dad's first thought is it's a rod that went bad and broke. What we do know is this...

I never got enough RPM down the track for the shift light to even go off. Me wanting to do my best, still shifted the car as I would normally on the track but still had nothing. So I was literally footsteps from the finish line and never even crossed it. All I can say is I felt and heard a "clunk" come from the car so I that's when I steered the car off to the side of the track and then the car stalled. I honestly thought it was either the Tranny or Rear-end. I got out of the car looked around the track, not much of anything. Turned out I had put some oil down on the track and when we got to the return road and opened the hood there it was, oil EVERYWHERE. Water started leaking from under the car where it appears we have to have a crack in the oil pan. So right now we think it's a broken rod.

Not sure of the damage yet, but dad already unloaded the car and it's sitting in his garage waiting to see.
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 03:41 AM

Quote:

Donald Congrt's again. We are in your picture here We were on the EAST Stands 18th row at the starting line. Perfect seats.

Just wanted to share some more pictures. I'm being a proud parent. We just got in the door Ms Mopar and family made it home safe. Long ride but the weekend was worth it. It was an awesome time. Really glad we met everyone we did from Moparts. Donald/ Jesse we really cheered you on to victory lane too. The Moparts Cheerleaders were there for all the Mopars. Mike, Chris thanks for being such good neighbors. Very nice to meet you Ron P.

Hope you enjoy the photo's I picked out. Could not upload bigger then thumbnail photo. Click on photo to view bigger.
Can't wait to see the show now.

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 11:59 AM

I know this was not a Mopar but it was SICK!! watch this!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG3WOwAw_fs

Donald
Posted By: 6bblRoadrunner

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:00 PM

Hey Gearjammer...did the show shoot any in-car video?
Posted By: mopar_to_ya

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:09 PM

Hey Donald,
Congrats on the final 8. I'll bet you had a blast.
I saw the video of your car and man does that thing look like a load of fun to drive.

take care
Ronnie

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:48 PM

Quote:

Hey Gearjammer...did the show shoot any in-car video?

yes, they put a camera in the car and had Donald wired for sound,that should be fun.Can't wait to see the video of the man in his office doing business!

Attached picture 5190603-IMG_3546.JPG

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 12:55 PM

Here are some pictures of the different Moparts Members we were able to find around the pits or in the staging lanes or on the track.

Jesse here's your launch. WOW!! Look at that!

Chris??? was pitted two doors down from us. He was a really nice guy as well and came down to visit numerous times.

Hemiparts was pitted on the other side of us.

RonP your all around great guy.

One of Hemiparts and Dartgirl while she is being interviewed by the Speed Crew.

So there are a few Moparts members that we got the honors of meeting. Here are some more highlights from my weekend at the track and some of the cars that made the field of 64. Enjoy guys and gals!

This car made the field of 64

This guy and his dad traveled all the way from Long Island NY. You might know him from the Englishtown Pinks All Out as he made it into the field of 16 in an Orange Dart. I think they made the field of 64 in that same Orange Dart.

Ok, this is not a Moparts guy or Mopar. But I have to give these guys some credit. They spent the entire weekend working on the car only to make I think two passes down the track. They ended up making the field of 64. They were also our neighbors and were truly amazing people. They race Chevy's but are Mopar fans at heart.

I once again got the pleasure of running a time trial against one of the guys to make the 64 car field.

Rich getting ready to announce driver names.

Some of you may remember Bill and Joan Ritts from the Chrysler Classic races. Well, this Cuda is a buddy of theirs who made it into the field of 64.

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 01:03 PM

Here are random pictures from my two interviews with Speed.

First interview of the day taken in the staging lanes. This interview turned into being what looks like might be a feature covering me and my sister.

Me and my two boys yelling "Pinks All Out"

I got a surprise interview from Clay. I was told that they added my car to the list for interviews after it broke on the track. After talking to the guys, they say that this piece should be added into the show. So we shall see. They got video of the ENTIRE car.

I couldn't believe how close that darn camera got to my face LOL!

I think by the end of the day I ended up getting around 20 - 30 minutes of interview time.

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 01:07 PM

This is where Donald (silver blurr) gets edged out by the Malibu(light blue blurr).Thats all folks!

Attached picture 5190623-finish-line-pinks.jpg
Posted By: 6bblRoadrunner

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 03:36 PM

Thanks BEEQUIK. Can't wait to see that video!
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 03:51 PM

Great picks Chas sucks that you broke hope its not to bad you'll get TV time anyway looks like it was a blast after reading all the threads i started thinking back to Norwalk and what an awesome day it was. Congrats to Gearjammer for get as far as he did had to be really neat runnin 4 lanes...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 04:41 PM

You did us proud holding the banner high. Congradulations on your efforts!Enjoyed watching you go down the track!

My Duster did OK we had a ball my builder,driver and good friend Lenny Melton made me feel like I was twenty again! MY RESULTS Pinks all Out 09 Charlotte Real 8 second street car 8.75 @158 on little tires no wheelie bars! Ninth fastest in the field only small tired car to be selected intoi quick 8 (1 alternate # 9)
LIFE IS GOOD!

Attached picture 5190971-resizeddayrace.jpg

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 09:31 PM

Quote:

Great picks Chas sucks that you broke hope its not to bad you'll get TV time anyway looks like it was a blast after reading all the threads i started thinking back to Norwalk and what an awesome day it was. Congrats to Gearjammer for get as far as he did had to be really neat runnin 4 lanes...

Thanks Allen. So will we be seeing you in Columbus in a couple of weeks? Can't wait to see the show when it airs. It's gonna be AWESOME. With everything, they should make this one a 2 hour show. I have no clue how they will cover everything in just an hour.

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 09:37 PM

There were a large number of mopars there and moparts members. I sure wish I could have met some more of you. We were pitted so far from the starting line that after walking back to the trailer (approx 1/2 mile) I was too tired to go roaming around.I'm sure sorry you folks had some engine trouble I saw you and your sister in the staging lanes and you have some nice rides,good luck with the rest of your season. I guess the next Gearjammerdart report will be the nitrous passes on this motor and then on to the space shuttle engine(W-8).Here's donald and cousin Richie in the lanes...

Attached picture 5191522-IMG_3544.JPG

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 09:48 PM

Quote:

There were a large number of mopars there and moparts members. I sure wish I could have met some more of you. We were pitted so far from the starting line that after walking back to the trailer (approx 1/2 mile) I was too tired to go roaming around.I'm sure sorry you folks had some engine trouble I saw you and your sister in the staging lanes and you have some nice rides,good luck with the rest of your season. I guess the next Gearjammerdart report will be the nitrous passes on this motor and then on to the space shuttle engine(W-8).Here's donald and cousin Richie in the lanes...

I totally agree with you when it comes to the length of the pits and not to mention the heat didn't help either. We had our 4 wheeler, drove up to walk around the stands and still were to tired to stay up there. Went back to the pits and just waited for the call. So I totally agree with you about track size. Thank you for the compliments on the cars as well.
Posted By: mloboda

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 10:07 PM

Congrats on the final 8, Donald !
You make all stick shift drag racers proud !!

Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 10:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Allen. So will we be seeing you in Columbus in a couple of weeks? Can't wait to see the show when it airs. It's gonna be AWESOME. With everything, they should make this one a 2 hour show. I have no clue how they will cover everything in just an hour.

We should be at Columbus baring any set backs looking forward to seeing everyone
They'll use that fancy TV magic to squeeze all that footage in, I hope they dont cut it up like they did Norwalk there was SO much that didnt make it in I was mentioning everybody and none of it was on the show
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/27/09 10:38 PM

Quote:

I know this was not a Mopar but it was SICK!! watch this!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG3WOwAw_fs

Donald

I had to watch that a second time...imagine pulling the wheels that high and carrying them with cars on both sides...that 4 car race is AWESOME....

congrats to all of you for even being there and thanks for the most excellent pics and vids
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/28/09 03:50 AM

A four lane dragstrip- now that is wild. I did'nt know such a thing existed

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/28/09 12:59 PM

This is the new W-8 bullet thats going in and it has a very potent looking nitrous fogger setup on it!! Get the depends!!

Attached picture 5192891-100_0541.jpg
Posted By: Bubba

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/28/09 01:46 PM

Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/28/09 05:12 PM

Quote:

This is the new W-8 bullet thats going in and it has a very potent looking nitrous fogger setup on it!! Get the depends!!

Someone needs to buy the W2 motor that just ran 9.90's @ 3270# so we can finance the front end from Bob's Pro Fab and building the headers.

Come on Chris step up and buy it! You might even get the friends and family discount, LOL. Donald might not want to let it go now that he's a TV star.

Mike Gray

Re: Congrats to GearJammerDart at Pinks All Out ZMAX - 04/30/09 01:07 AM

The W2 motor is such a good motor I hate to see it go. But..............
Chasity, say you need another motor? Should make that yellow barracuda fly. LOL

Donald
© 2024 Moparts Forums