Moparts

Rebuilding Roller Lifters

Posted By: 451Guy

Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/02/23 08:24 PM

I am looking to see if any of the companies out there will rebuild roller lifters. I have run the Comp Endure X 829-16 roller lifters in my stuff for a long time. Have never had an issue. For years I had two sets on rotation. I would remove them after 300 - 350 runs and then replace them. Once I took them out I would send them back to Comp and they would go through them. So I always had a relatively fresh set in the motor with a rebuilt set on hand.

However, Comp is no longer offering this service and it is difficult to find other lifters that have the same cup height. I could replace them but then I am buying new push rods again.

If anyone knows of a place I have three sets that I would send back at this point.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/02/23 11:50 PM

Are Comp still offering spare parts to rebuild them?
Posted By: INTMD8

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/03/23 03:15 AM

My unsolicited opinion is, toss them and go with something higher quality.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/03/23 05:24 AM

Following. I've got a set of Comps ready for a rebuild as well.
Posted By: 71Demon528

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/03/23 11:32 AM

For what it’s worth, when I switched from comp solid roller lifters to isky ez roll max lifter, I didn’t have to change pushrods. I did the proper check my builder advised me to do, and we pulled it off.
Posted By: jwb123

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/03/23 01:37 PM

I bought some comp lifters a few years ago just because of the ability to rebuild, and the fact that comp said they would rebuild them. I freshened the engine and called comp they said they had discontinued the rebuilding service. So I just bought another brand screw them.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/03/23 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by jwb123
I bought some comp lifters a few years ago just because of the ability to rebuild, and the fact that comp said they would rebuild them. I freshened the engine and called comp they said they had discontinued the rebuilding service. So I just bought another brand screw them.

You probably bought a set from one of the companies comp is now in with. Lol 😂
Posted By: LA360

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/05/23 10:46 PM

Unless spare parts are available, you're going to have to switch brands sadly. BAM, Isky and Jesel are rebuildable. I am sure there are others
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/07/23 01:14 PM

I know of one who swappped from the Comps to Isky and the heights were the same. The Comps I had were also interchangeable with a set of Isky's I had so, that's two examples. BUT Isky has changed bodies thru the years (and so has Comp) so, you might get lucky?
Posted By: dvw

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/07/23 02:08 PM

When I ordered my Isky's in 2014 they had various cup heights available. The ones I purchased matched the Comps that they were replacing.
Doug
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/07/23 06:07 PM

1.79 is the height on the 829s.

I guess I am in the same boat with my lifters. I bought the bushed 829B sportsmans several years ago and planned on having them rebuilt and here we are..... whiney

They are freaking $1200 now too.

I have over 600 passes on them at 800lb spring pressure so I can vouch for them as far as quality, but not being able to have them rebuilt now sucks.
Posted By: 451Guy

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/09/23 07:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses.

It is frustrating when you purchase a product with an expectation of a service moving forward and things change.

I will looking the other options and see what I can come up with. However, I will only purchase from a company that offers rebuilding down the road.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Rebuilding Roller Lifters - 11/10/23 09:08 AM

Apparently the 511 in my gts is getting a set of Isky red zones when it is time to rebuild the $1000+ bushed Comp Sportman lifters. What a bunch of punks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums