Moparts

Machine shop service in St. Louis.

Posted By: racerx

Machine shop service in St. Louis. - 10/07/23 11:36 AM

Who's that person in the St. Louis area? work

Re: Go to Engine builder - 10/09/23 11:56 AM

Well let me ask this.........Anyone use one of those crate engines from Indy cylinder head?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Go to Engine builder - 10/09/23 04:13 PM

Indy is not that far away and BES is one of the best. FWIW we picked up an engine on the way back from Indy in the area. So maybe not many there but I find that hard to believe in such a large metro area.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Go to Engine builder - 10/09/23 04:15 PM

Seems like your options are getting more limited for having an engine built these days.

Re: Go to Engine builder - 10/09/23 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Indy is not that far away and BES is one of the best. FWIW we picked up an engine on the way back from Indy in the area. So maybe not many there but I find that hard to believe in such a large metro area.

Indy is 8 Hrs away......Not sure what you call far way.

Re: Go to Engine builder - 10/09/23 05:12 PM

[quote=HardcoreB]Seems like your options are getting more limited for having an engine built these days. [/quote

Ain't that the truth , engine machine work is beginning to be a lost art....Lol.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Go to Engine builder - 10/09/23 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by racerx
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire

Indy is 8 Hrs away......Not sure what you call far way.

We just drove back from Indy, that was 1800+ miles one way. We race back east all summer. We raced St Louis in May 3000+ mile round trip. You do what you gotta do. IMO an 8 hour trip each way to take stuff to one of the best engine builders in the country aint so bad. The engine we picked up was from Mid Missouri. We ship blocks to NJ for certain procedures to be done. Guess it a matter of want to like I tell my kids. You just gotta have enough of it.

I travel 6 hours to the dyno routinely. But we also have to drive hours to race anyplace out here.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Go to Engine builder - 10/09/23 05:33 PM

In St.Louis (south county), Dan Smith.
He's qwkmopardan on here.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Go to Engine builder - 10/09/23 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by racerx
[quote=HardcoreB]Seems like your options are getting more limited for having an engine built these days. [/quote

Ain't that the truth , engine machine work is beginning to be a lost art....Lol.

And more expensive! I picked up a set of 915 heads from the machine shop last week. Man it hurts having to pay for stuff I used to do myself. Especially when everything costs nearly double what it used too.
Posted By: bcudaj380

Re: Machine shop service in St. Louis. - 10/09/23 06:32 PM

I had Don at Precision over at Sr 162 in Maryville do all my machine work for my 438 I put together.
He bowl ported a set of heads for me also. He is right off the 270 onto 159 maybe a 1 mile south to sr162. Pm me for his phone number. Aj
© 2024 Moparts Forums