Moparts

Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads

Posted By: Dragula

Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/05/23 11:14 PM

What do you guys really like on the TF270 heads?
Posted By: markz528

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/06/23 12:12 AM

Harland Sharps made for the TF270 style heads.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/06/23 12:15 AM

T&D is the best. I tested everything that was available and T&D is the only one I'd use on a serious engine that needs to go round after round.
https://youtu.be/p4SO73Xu13c
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/06/23 12:24 AM

my street car went 9.50 using Harland Sharp. I think with any part you buy you need to check everything. Your cylinder heads are a very critical part. Everything has to work together to include the correct valve spring for the camshaft, locks and retainers, installed height on the springs and one really important item is how the rocker rolls across the valve. T & D has a nice set also. Birdtracker
Posted By: B1duster

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/06/23 02:01 AM

I have a set of RAS rockers for my 270s.
Never seen or heard of them until AndyF used them on a motor.

Attached picture IMG_5230.jpeg

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/06/23 02:27 AM

RAS rocker arms are very, very nice. I run them on my Coronet since it is a street engine. Can't beat a steel rocker arm for the street. But RAS has been sold a few times and I have no idea how good their stuff is these days. 30 years ago they were the best of the best.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/06/23 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
RAS rocker arms are very, very nice. I run them on my Coronet since it is a street engine. Can't beat a steel rocker arm for the street. But RAS has been sold a few times and I have no idea how good their stuff is these days. 30 years ago they were the best of the best.

My last two dealings with the new owners and Gary when he took the company back where bad down puke
I've never had a problem with Harland Sharp in over 40 yrs. of buying and using their products.
I do have four sets of Speed Masters I want to try but nothing installed yet.
I have also used several sets of Comp Cams Stainless steel rocker arms and they have work well so far in the last two years up They fit under stock covers also boogie
Posted By: Thelma133

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/06/23 05:37 AM

I’ll second the T/D rockers. They are expensive, but worth the money.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/06/23 01:43 PM

I bought the Harland Sharps for my set of TF heads. Seconding Mark's suggestion, there are two versions of their non-offset rocker for stock heads, the "KE" version for the Edelbrocks are are the ones the cylinder head was designed for.

https://harlandsharp.com/products/big-block-mopar-v8

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/07/23 02:40 AM

I found that the best valve springs for my combination (won't work with all combinations) was the Comp conicals. Very lightweight and less susceptible to harmonic frequency issues. The conicals work well with the T&D rocker arms.

Attached picture DSC_1903 (Large).JPG
Attached picture DSC_1987 (Large).JPG
Posted By: tex013

Re: Best Rockers that fit TF270 heads - 10/09/23 09:45 AM

I like my Crane gold 1.5s . Fit like they are made for them . Been on iron , Stealth and now the 270s . Thousands of miles and passes . And yes i only have run flat tappet cams

Tex
© 2024 Moparts Forums