Moparts

Receiver grooves in head

Posted By: rickraw

Receiver grooves in head - 10/03/23 05:30 PM

I have a set of b1’s that I want for fill in the hoop grooves, what’s best, soft copper wire or, I have some moroso 2 parts epoxy ( I think it’s metal, haven’t opened it yet). Which would be a better choice. Changing from copper to cometic’s.I don’t want to get them welded up and don’t want to deck the heads. Thanx for your input.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Receiver grooves in head - 10/04/23 11:58 AM

It's ability to seal might depend on where the raised bead intersects the 'repaired' area. I know some who've had success using some epoxy on block decks but, I personally just used the correct wide copper wire then filed it down. Details are in my latest build posts. So with that said, depending on the depth and width of the groove you're filling, would help you make that decision.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Receiver grooves in head - 10/04/23 12:20 PM

I used JB weld on block reciever grooves on a 340 block. It was supercharged running 12 psi. Ran it for years like that.
Doug
Posted By: R3 Racing

Re: Receiver grooves in head - 10/04/23 01:43 PM

Is the reason you want to fill in the grooves so you don't have to run a copper head gasket?

Re: Receiver grooves in head - 10/04/23 03:18 PM

Yes, I’m going to cometics coz the previous person didn’t put grooves in the liner.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Receiver grooves in head - 10/04/23 03:57 PM

Option 3 would be to deck the block to remove the groove, Depending on how deep it is

Re: Receiver grooves in head - 10/04/23 05:10 PM

Someone didn’t put grooves in the liner. This is a KB wedge.
© 2024 Moparts Forums