Moparts

Mopar aluminum hemi heads

Posted By: Cape

Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/20/23 04:42 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any info on these heads, aluminum Hemi heads. 2531110-M is the number on the heads. Thanks
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/20/23 05:46 PM

They are basically a stock replacement style head but in aluminum, and in out of the box form flow just a little better than stock.

Designed for stock rockers, stock shafts, stock hold downs, stock hardware, etc etc

All that changes, big time, when the head is ported....as the performance of several members' cars will show.

Did you want historic perspective or exactly what kind of info?

I got it from both sides, man! Customer and Marketing.... but "don't get me started" is the first thought that comes to mind LOL.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/20/23 06:13 PM

Thanks for the info. I have a chance to by a set but just not sure. There lightly ported as well. Just not sure. I have a set of iron ones on my car now that we’re CNC ported and flow about 410cfm. The motor makes 825 with those heads, just wondering weather it’s worth it to buy those heads or just wait for stage 5 ones or edelbrock.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/20/23 06:57 PM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2782236/1.html
Posted By: INTMD8

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/20/23 07:03 PM

Didn't some of these have issues with dropping valve seats? Not sure, maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/20/23 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cape
Thanks for the info. I have a chance to by a set but just not sure. There lightly ported as well. Just not sure. I have a set of iron ones on my car now that we’re CNC ported and flow about 410cfm. The motor makes 825 with those heads, just wondering weather it’s worth it to buy those heads or just wait for stage 5 ones or edelbrock.

I doubt there will ever be anymore Stage V's. And that's very bad.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/20/23 08:28 PM

Thanks! Good thread. So what do you think a full CNC porting job would do as for flow number’s on these heads?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/20/23 08:35 PM

I have those heads on my hemi. Makes somewhere in the 850 hp ballpark on motor only. They are CNC ported by MCH and max intake flow was 429.1 cfm if I recall correctly. I've been running them since 2006 w/ no real issues. I was worried after hearing about dropped seats from some people, but no issues w/ mine. twocents

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/21/23 03:35 PM

Valve seats falling out? What caused that with those heads?
Posted By: second 70

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/21/23 04:40 PM

I also have those heads on my Hemi with no problems. Those heads were made for weight loss which if I remember is around 50#s a head. When going from iron to aluminum heads you'll need to increase the compression because it'll lose compression due to heat loss.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/21/23 04:43 PM

Wow! I didn’t realize it was that much weight loss. How much compression does it loose? I’ve never heard that you’ll loose compression from aluminum heads. I’m at 13.08:1 right now.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/21/23 04:53 PM

I'm not for sure but I was told if both the heads were in stock form that they would add 1. Said it was a great trade off to lose 100#s.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/21/23 05:31 PM

I think you lose 30-35 lbs per side. And you can run 1 pt higher compression.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/21/23 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by second 70
I also have those heads on my Hemi with no problems. Those heads were made for weight loss which if I remember is around 50#s a head. When going from iron to aluminum heads you'll need to increase the compression because it'll lose compression due to heat loss.

I guess I'm not sure if it really loses compression or it just loses power due to the heat loss???? But if you just change heads the engine will be a little down on power if they flow the same. Aluminum plus 1.

On the weight the original cast heads were a little over 60 but the mopar cast replacements were around 20#s heavier. The aluminum weigh a little over 30. So weight savings depends on which cast heads you have.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/22/23 12:26 AM

I have same head, new so I’ll clean them up like shown. Also have 12.5 pistons but they’ll be down .055 with a 7.045 billet rod and 4.5 crank. I think it will be fine for street
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/23/23 12:18 AM

I also have a pair of the Mopar/Edelbrock heads on my Hemi also with no issues.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/23/23 04:02 AM

Thanks for the reply’s. I also was wondering what exactly has to be changed if anything if someone wanted to go with the stage 5 Millennium head? I know a guy that has both the stage 5 are pretty much complete with rockers and the Mopar head needs valves because one of the seats came out. Thanks
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/23/23 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by rickseeman
Originally Posted by Cape

I doubt there will ever be anymore Stage V's. And that's very bad.

Please explain that there will never be anymore stage V,s? Did they go out of business?

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/23/23 12:49 PM

He died. There isn't anybody there capable of carrying it on. It's for sale but no buyers have stepped up. This is a major hit to the 426 Hemi community like when Keith Black went down. And when Mopar Performance died. (I got on the Mopar website last month and there were 2 or 3 part numbers there for 426 Hemi's.) This is really bad.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/23/23 02:32 PM

I heard something about that but wasn’t sure if it was true. So is there special pistons that you’d have to use with the millennium heads? I’ve looked at a lot of old threads on here but couldn’t find much info on it. I just bought a set of 2 1/4 TTI headers and there for the stock cast head, now would they fit a stage 5 millennium head? How much needs to be changed to use them. I’m not even sure my pistons will work. Thanks for all the help.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/23/23 02:40 PM

Your headers won't work. Your pistons won't work. Forget Millennium. You don't need to open that can of worms.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/23/23 03:59 PM

And of course every time you want to change intake manifolds it will be at least $3,000 for a sheet metal intake because nobody makes an intake manifold for Millenniums. Or Ray Barton will make you a billet intake for $8,000 and it will be beautiful.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/23/23 11:04 PM

Oh wow, I didn’t realize there was that much to change. I definitely don’t want to buy another set of headers, especially after I just bought the 2 1/4 TTI ones. The deal for the heads seemed appealing, they were complete with rockers, pushrods valve covers, everything to change it over. They even have the adapter plate for the heads to run a regular hemi intake manifold. On another note, does anyone know if edelbrock will be making the hemi heads anymore? Or know of anyone that’s selling a decent set for a good price? Thanks.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/24/23 01:11 AM

I think the Edelbrock heads are available now. A little higher price but they are a great way to go.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/24/23 04:28 AM

Do you know anyone that has them in stock? Everywhere I check it says out of stock.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/24/23 12:55 PM

Jegs said they could ship today.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/24/23 12:59 PM

Hopefully those valve springs will work for you.

https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/sto...=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/24/23 03:12 PM

I guess I should state the obvious. If you need heads, push the button now. You can't depend on anyone to have any Mopar part when you need it. The last set of Edelbrock heads I bought I waited over a year for. And now that Stage V is no longer an option that is going to make buying heads even worse.

Re: Mopar aluminum hemi heads - 07/25/23 05:01 AM

Thanks for the help. I’ll definitely go check them out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums