Moparts

Arc over ribs in distributor cap

Posted By: 375inStroke

Arc over ribs in distributor cap - 06/19/23 08:44 PM

It looks like the new Mopar tan caps, at $25, don't have the anti-crossfire ribs in them. What are your thoughts on this?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Arc over ribs in distributor cap - 06/20/23 07:41 AM

iI've used them in my old E85 bracket motor with 15.0 to 1 compression ratio with a MSD 7AL2 no issues up to 7300 RPM shruggy
Same thing on the new black caps like them. I do prefer the older ones with those ribs in them but I haven't been able to find a reliable source for them in the last five years whiney shruggy
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Arc over ribs in distributor cap - 06/20/23 03:07 PM

It's probably 5 cents cheaper to make them without the ribs.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Arc over ribs in distributor cap - 06/20/23 03:17 PM

I'm shocked Mopar sells anything for a pre-2003 vehicle.
Posted By: 375inStroke

Re: Arc over ribs in distributor cap - 06/20/23 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
iI've used them in my old E85 bracket motor with 15.0 to 1 compression ratio with a MSD 7AL2 no issues up to 7300 RPM shruggy
Same thing on the new black caps like them. I do prefer the older ones with those ribs in them but I haven't been able to find a reliable source for them in the last five years whiney shruggy

Only ones with them I've been able to find are Echlin in black, but if a plain cap works for you, I guess I won't worry about it.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Arc over ribs in distributor cap - 06/20/23 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 375inStroke
Only ones with them I've been able to find are Echlin in black, but if a plain cap works for you, I guess I won't worry about it.

The last few Accel 120323's I bought were tan, and they had the ribs on the inside. They were made in Chy-na though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums