Moparts

E-Body

Posted By: racerx

E-Body - 06/12/23 09:32 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=6612230408811329
I know a lot of fellas here don't do FB....just wondering if he's a member here?
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: E-Body - 06/12/23 04:59 PM

Looks tough.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: E-Body - 06/12/23 05:52 PM

Nose heavy E body tsk, Cuda, the worst of the two down grin shruggy
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: E-Body - 06/12/23 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

Someone better tell Chip his Cuda is nose heavy! LOL!
Posted By: Tig

Re: E-Body - 06/12/23 08:22 PM

Not here either grin .
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: E-Body - 06/12/23 11:28 PM

Wheels up again Tig up up
Posted By: racerx

Re: E-Body - 06/13/23 09:38 AM

Cab...Looks to have a crank driven procharger coolit don'tcare nothing about no stinky frontend weight grin drive
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: E-Body - 06/13/23 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX

Someone better tell Chip his Cuda is nose heavy! LOL!

LOL, and here I am trying to add weight back to the front of my car. It IS noseheavy, but not enough.

Attached picture image0000.JPG
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: E-Body - 06/13/23 04:15 PM

The 1970 Barracuda I use to race in NHRA stock with a Hemi and 4 speed had 2160 lbs on the front tires and 1289 lbs. on the rear tires with no driver shock
Chip, what are your weights on the front and rear tires?
My old M.W. 1963 Plymouth Belvedere two door sedan had 50.6 % on the front tires and the rest on the rear tires with me in it boogie up
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: E-Body - 06/13/23 04:27 PM

The 1970 Barracuda I use to race in NHRA stock with a Hemi and 4 speed had 2160 lbs on the front tires and 1289 lbs. on the rear tires with no driver shock
Chip, what are your weights on the front and rear tires?
My M.W. 1963 Plymouth Belvedere two door sedan had 50.6 % on the front tires and the rest on the rear tires with me in it boogie up

Cab...I'll have to look when I get home. I have the weights from when we scaled the car many years ago, but they're in my notebook in the shop.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: E-Body - 06/13/23 08:27 PM

If you wanna go fast you NEED more nose weight on ANY car. To me the bigger issue with FACTORY e body would be the overhang in the rear, or lack there of. MOst fast cars are 54-56% on the nose. Its only those underpowered cars that need the pitch rotation and more weight to the back. The Vette is 56/44 and we worked hard to get it there.

Re: E-Body - 06/14/23 09:20 AM

I agree, for years my idea was to lose weight off the front and put some on the back. Now the engines are starting to make some HP, it's causing a problem grin
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: E-Body - 06/14/23 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tig
I agree, for years my idea was to lose weight off the front and put some on the back. Now the engines are starting to make some HP, it's causing a problem grin

I’m glad my Cuda has nose weight, that said it still picks the left front tyre up at 200mph at the Pod smile

Re: E-Body - 06/14/23 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by mopar_mark
Originally Posted by Tig

I’m glad my Cuda has nose weight, that said it still picks the left front tyre up at 200mph at the Pod smile

Eat more pies up grin
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: E-Body - 06/14/23 02:24 PM

Mine is also one of those nose heavy terds. 54.4% on the nose with one of those big Hemi things up front. Maybe it's time for an all aluminum LS up front. NOT, NEVER.......
© 2024 Moparts Forums