Moparts

anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube?

Posted By: migsBIG

anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/09/23 05:33 PM

Been watching Sick series on Youtube Enjoying the cars hitting the strip. See if anyone else has been watching the racing.
Posted By: GY3

Re: anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/09/23 05:40 PM

Lots of really nice looking cars at this event!

I follow Vanderhoof on Youtube and, even though I hate Fox Mustangs (especially convertibles), that build is super clean and obviously very fast!
Posted By: ksj

Re: anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/09/23 05:43 PM

Been watching. Not many miles driven makes for more Hotel beer drinking. LOL.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/09/23 05:57 PM

watched some .
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/13/23 02:19 PM

I was a little behind on my viewing, and just finished watching Tom Bailey's coverage. Looks like a fun way to pass the time to me.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/15/23 11:02 AM

It would be cool to do something like that in the west coast.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/15/23 11:10 AM

I raced it and finished with my '68 Fury. Talked to a couple other Mopar people but I don't believe any of them are on Moparts. One guy had a youtube channel, Bad Tree Productions, he was riding along with one of his friends.

They're trying to organize a west coast one, called "Death Week", and the plan is to go through death valley. From the talk at Sick Summer, the problem is the drive distance from any track to Las Vegas is ~600 miles, which is longer than pretty much any single day drag and drive distance ever recorded. The west coast doesn't have an abundant selection of tracks to choose from for these events like the midwest does so it makes the logistics more difficult.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/15/23 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Blusmbl
I raced it and finished with my '68 Fury. Talked to a couple other Mopar people but I don't believe any of them are on Moparts. One guy had a youtube channel, Bad Tree Productions, he was riding along with one of his friends.

They're trying to organize a west coast one, called "Death Week", and the plan is to go through death valley. From the talk at Sick Summer, the problem is the drive distance from any track to Las Vegas is ~600 miles, which is longer than pretty much any single day drag and drive distance ever recorded. The west coast doesn't have an abundant selection of tracks to choose from for these events like the midwest does so it makes the logistics more difficult.

I would also worry how CARB might view some of the cars, other states don't seem to mind a car that is only a few years old that makes massive power and has exhaust coming out the front fender or hood, California.......probably doesn't like it.

I know Rocky Mountain has some long days but they don't have any racing on those days either. Drag Week 2012 had a 380 and 400+ day. I don't recall any of the other DWs I have done having anything over 300 but I could be wrong. I think one or two long days maybe adds some validity to the whole street car deal but it is also nice to be able to eat a nice dinner and get a little sleep lol.
Posted By: ksj

Re: anyone watching 'Sick Week/Summer' on Youtube? - 06/15/23 07:26 PM

Amarillo texas to Tulsa was around 350 miles I think at DW 2011.
© 2024 Moparts Forums