Moparts

HANS Device?

Posted By: reknapp52

HANS Device? - 05/16/23 10:15 PM

How many of you are using a HANS device? And the pros and cons of the kind that you have?
Posted By: 80arrow

Re: HANS Device? - 05/16/23 10:38 PM

I use a NecksGen. Pretty easy to wear, your shoulder belts hold it, the other brands may offer more protection, not sure? I'm happy with mine.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: HANS Device? - 05/17/23 07:05 AM

When are they required now?
Posted By: JMCarter

Re: HANS Device? - 05/17/23 08:27 AM

There’s class specific requirements of course but generally if the car runs 150 they’re required effective 1-1-2024
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: HANS Device? - 05/17/23 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by 80arrow
I use a NecksGen. Pretty easy to wear, your shoulder belts hold it, the other brands may offer more protection, not sure? I'm happy with mine.

I wear a NexGen as well. Hope it's never needed, but good piece of mind.
Posted By: aarlucas

Re: HANS Device? - 05/17/23 09:18 PM

I was just looking at the NexGen II and the Hans. I like the way the NexGen looks and it definitely looks more comfortable, However, I wonder if you are getting the same support in an accident as you would with the Hans. Like many, I want to get mine before the big rush in the winter time.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: HANS Device? - 05/18/23 04:11 PM

I usea Necksgen Rev 2 litte and lover it, compared to my sons Hans he uses. Everyone who runs over 150 will be required to have one next year. So start shopping now.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: HANS Device? - 05/18/23 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
When are they required now?

They have been required for advanced ET basically since it became a license class. Under 7.50/4.50 also been a requirement for any T/D, T/S since they started. As of next year anyone going over 150 is required to have one.
© 2024 Moparts Forums