Moparts

Rocker geometry ??

Posted By: mac56

Rocker geometry ?? - 04/20/09 03:03 PM

In general will putting a lash cap on my valve tip help my tip contact area. These are bb eddie heads with 1.5 H.S. rockers. It looks to me that it helps at max lift to get the roller farther away from the outside edge of the valve tip. It appears that with the bb rocker geometry a higher starting point is a little better. It will also correct that rocker to retainer clearance issue I have. Does anyone else run caps with this set up.
Thanks
Mark
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Rocker geometry ?? - 04/20/09 03:58 PM

I use lash caps on every motor I can, the lash caps help make sure that the contact area is distributed over the entire top of the valve stem instead of just part of the valve stem
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Rocker geometry ?? - 04/20/09 04:52 PM

Some people want the rocker tip in the middle of the valve tip at mid lift, some want it at max lift, some have thier own secret formula. Take your pick, I'm not getting in that fight. If the lash cap helps you get it the way you want it then use it. But keep in mind that if you use lash caps and you bend a pushrod, break a rocker or adjuster then you have an extra piece of hard steel floating around inside your engine.

IIRC the H.S. rockers are about the longest out there and may infact benefit more than others from caps.
Posted By: eds dart

Re: Rocker geometry ?? - 04/20/09 05:50 PM

Like Cab, have been using lash caps for years. Have used them to help with too short pushrods and most recently to help with retainer to rocker clearance. Comps lash caps are .080 thick and Crane and Indy are .060 thick.
Posted By: mac56

Re: Rocker geometry ?? - 04/20/09 06:26 PM

I haven't ordered new pushrods yet so that is why I was considering this now. My retainers hit the rocker because I use a +.050 keeper and unfortunately comp doesn't have a +50 keeper that excepts a lash cap so I think I will go with manley.
© 2024 Moparts Forums