Moparts

Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows?

Posted By: Roughbird72

Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/05/23 02:31 PM

This has probably been addressed a few times already, but it's been quite awhile since I visited the forum.
What/who's distributor have you been running on RBs with Trick Flow cylinder heads?
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/05/23 03:09 PM

I run an old school Mallory unilite dual point distributor in mine. Birdtracker
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/05/23 03:43 PM

Msd
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/05/23 04:00 PM

Following along as well as I have Trick Flows on order. I'm hoping the stock electronic distributor fits, I have two that have been recurved with the Mr. Gasket kit and I use them to trigger a 6AL.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/05/23 05:46 PM

Yeah, I really don't see why people spend lots of extra money on an aftermarket magnetic pickup distributor that doesn't fit.

A recurved stock one with a 6AL box works 99% as good on a street car and if you're going full race a magnetic crank trigger is the way to go.
Posted By: metallicareload

Re: Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/05/23 09:25 PM

I've used a remaned stock electronic distributor, parts store reproduction electronic distributor, and now a MSD pro billet. All fit the heads fine, but I did have to do some grinding on my cast aluminum valve covers for the MSD
Posted By: tex013

Re: Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/05/23 11:43 PM

[quote=metallicareload All fit the heads fine, but I did have to do some grinding on my cast aluminum valve covers for the MSD [/quote]
This . I have TF270s

Tex
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/07/23 04:34 PM

Thanks for the input!
I wasn't sure about clearance issues and will stick with the MP distributor I currently have unless there's a lot of grinding to do.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Distributor for use on RB with Trick Flows? - 03/08/23 01:12 AM

I'm using the TF 270 heads with a MSD distributor and mopar performance valve covers and had trim the valve cover lip some. Also I had to trim the gasket to, there the black thick rubber 1's

This is a B block
© 2024 Moparts Forums