Moparts

New N/SS car

Posted By: dvw

New N/SS car - 02/27/23 02:31 PM

All the years of hard work paid off. John Fraziers new N/SS Dodge. Went to Detroit Autorama. Won a 1st and 2 other awards. It was moved out of the racecar class into street. They said it had way to much detail to be a racecar. They'le see it testing at Milan in April.
Doug

Attached picture johns car.jpg
Attached picture johns engine.jpg
Attached picture johns interior.jpg
Attached picture johns trunk.jpg
Posted By: bobby66

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 02:39 PM

Very nice! up
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 02:45 PM

Holy Cow- Really, really nice.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlockGTS
Holy Cow- Really, really nice.

iagree drool
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 04:03 PM

I took a few extra minutes to look at that one, very nice car for sure. can't wait to see it wheels up!!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 04:29 PM

Very nice love the levers smile
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 04:33 PM

Got an eyeful of that one up close Friday night, super clean build.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 04:59 PM

I meant to get a look at the rear wheels and forgot. The rest of the car was outstanding, so clean and well built!

Do you know if it's still using 1/2" studs/conical lugs in the rear with the Torq Thrusts?
Posted By: moparx

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 06:03 PM

i just LOVE those 64's ! up bow
what a GORGEOUS car !
beer
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Blusmbl
I meant to get a look at the rear wheels and forgot. The rest of the car was outstanding, so clean and well built!

Do you know if it's still using 1/2" studs/conical lugs in the rear with the Torq Thrusts?

I'm curious about the rear wheels also. I have a set of 15x12's for my '69. They use conical lug nuts. My plan was to have spacers made for that, but use 5/8" studs, as that is what is already in the car.

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 06:34 PM

Nope, They got machined for 5/8"
Doug

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 06:41 PM

Thanks, like Jeff I'm thinking about switching my TT's to 5/8" since I'm ordering a new axle anyway. Is it still 5 x 4.5? Assume drilled out for the 5/8" stud, conical area machined flat, spacer + low profile nut at that point?
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by dvw

Nope, They got machined for 5/8"
Doug

I'd be curious if he has pictures of how that was done?
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 06:59 PM

great looking car.
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 07:25 PM

Very nice. Mini-tub ams 29.5 x 10.5's ?
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 08:49 PM

Nice car. The black with red is always a killer combo.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 09:31 PM

REALLY nice car, looks like a "MAN SIZE" header on there !
Posted By: GY3

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 09:40 PM

Hopefully he fired it up and rattled everyone's fillings! laugh2
Posted By: tboomer

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 10:39 PM

Wow! That one is a dandy! wave

Re: New N/SS car - 02/27/23 11:56 PM

If you want Torque Thust I would start with the biggest bolt pattern you can. 4 1/2 requires the lug nuts and spacers to be machined to reduce the diameter. Simply not enough clearance at 4 1/2" .
Though it can be doen as seen here. My American 200S were done the same way. 4 3/4 would help. 5" would be the best route. Headers were built by Ernie Miyomoto at Motofab. He does nice work. If this thing weighs anywhere close to mine it should be a runner. Best Machine dyno slip says 965. We'll see.
Doug
Posted By: carnut68

Re: New N/SS car - 02/28/23 02:03 AM

I just had a set polished Torque Thrusts done for my G Body. I had them done for shank lug nuts. Didn't like the idea of conical with sticky tires. Now I have to get the Cuda done.
Posted By: Rodenteliminator

Re: New N/SS car - 02/28/23 02:38 AM

He should be proud, that is a top notch ride. Doug

Re: New N/SS car - 02/28/23 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by dvw
If you want Torque Thust I would start with the biggest bolt pattern you can. 4 1/2 requires the lug nuts and spacers to be machined to reduce the diameter. Simply not enough clearance at 4 1/2" .
Though it can be doen as seen here. My American 200S were done the same way. 4 3/4 would help. 5" would be the best route. Headers were built by Ernie Miyomoto at Motofab. He does nice work. If this thing weighs anywhere close to mine it should be a runner. Best Machine dyno slip says 965. We'll see.
Doug

Thanks Doug, I would love to see your car in person one of these days! And I can't wait to see this '64 run, it should be a screamer.

I do know my current 1/2" tapered lug nuts are very tight with the 5 x 4.5 pattern, the impact socket touches the center of the wheel when I'm removing them. Found some aluminum lug nuts that are smaller and would likely work at 5/8" but I don't know if I trust those on the street.
Posted By: jwb123

Re: New N/SS car - 02/28/23 02:17 PM

Super Nice 64 dodge, I love them but then again I am prejudiced. picture of my 64 NSS car

Attached picture havana2022.jpg
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: New N/SS car - 02/28/23 04:02 PM

Car is extremely nice and Congrats to John for persevering thru to the end. Kudos to everyone involved in making this happen and i hope to see it out soon.

Re: New N/SS car - 02/28/23 05:05 PM

So I gotta ask does that car have a third pedal or is that one of those Kilduff machine shifters. Looks like the latter to me...
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: New N/SS car - 03/02/23 11:19 PM

I doubt there is 3 pedals in there with multiple levers as they don't allow planetary transmissions (Lenco) in NSS.

They didn't even want me to run a Nash 5-speed back in the mid 90's even though it was a modified unit with only 4 gears.

Gus beer
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: New N/SS car - 03/02/23 11:40 PM

Holy cow......that car is NICE.

Re: New N/SS car - 03/03/23 12:46 AM

Yes Killduff Machine shifter. Standard issue 727 That I built. A&A aluminum drum and Super Sprag, T/A valve body, steel front planet, red clutches and KD band.
Doug
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: New N/SS car - 03/03/23 11:50 AM

I cannot wait to see this car in person!

Great job guys!

Casey FJ

Re: New N/SS car - 03/03/23 05:52 PM

I only ask because I have one of those monstrosity's myself. If anyone wants it let me know love to give it a new home smile

[Linked Image]

Re: New N/SS car - 03/04/23 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
I only ask because I have one of those monstrosity's myself. If anyone wants it let me know love to give it a new home smile

[Linked Image]

Not my first choice either. But he likes it.
Doug
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: New N/SS car - 03/04/23 04:48 AM

I like it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums