Moparts

MSD cam sync

Posted By: HOTMOPR

MSD cam sync - 01/08/23 04:09 AM

Currently rewiring my car to a new EFI system. Curious if anyone had modified a msd 85231 to work in a low deck?

Attached picture 1111 (2).jpg
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: MSD cam sync - 01/08/23 04:43 AM

Have you considered AR engineering's cam sync ?
AG.

Re: MSD cam sync - 01/08/23 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by turbobitt
Have you considered AR engineering's cam sync ?
AG.

Ill check it out. Thanks
Posted By: AndyF

Re: MSD cam sync - 01/08/23 11:13 AM

I make a low deck version. Talk to Rich at FAST Man EFI about cam sync and crank triggers. He can tell you what will work best for your application. He handles FAST and Holley EFI products as well as some of the other ones.

https://arengineering.com/products/cam-sync-b-and-rb-engines/
Posted By: Hutch

Re: MSD cam sync - 01/08/23 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by HOTMOPR
Currently rewiring my car to a new EFI system. Curious if anyone had modified a msd 85231 to work in a low deck?

In the midst of doing exactly that right now. I made a set of holding blocks for the mill so I could cut off the drive tip and remachine it as I didn't want to use a distributor spacer. Just finishing the blocks now so I will post pics after it's cut.

Hutch
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: MSD cam sync - 01/08/23 05:35 PM

IMO the AR part is of higher quality.

Re: MSD cam sync - 01/08/23 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
I make a low deck version. Talk to Rich at FAST Man EFI about cam sync and crank triggers. He can tell you what will work best for your application. He handles FAST and Holley EFI products as well as some of the other ones.

https://arengineering.com/products/cam-sync-b-and-rb-engines/

I am currently running the SD concepts Crank trigger and cam sync. The sensors have been working great. I am just looking for options other than the ugly jeep sensor. lol

Re: MSD cam sync - 01/09/23 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Hutch
Originally Posted by HOTMOPR

In the midst of doing exactly that right now. I made a set of holding blocks for the mill so I could cut off the drive tip and remachine it as I didn't want to use a distributor spacer. Just finishing the blocks now so I will post pics after it's cut.

Hutch

drive
© 2024 Moparts Forums