Moparts

Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today

Posted By: dizuster

Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 12:07 AM

Finally got a chance to run my 2022 Redeye Widebody Charger today.

I bolted on my 6 year old 305/35 R18 Et Street Rs on it and drove up to the track.

Amazing that you can just cruise to the track, casually stop for breakfast, listening to satellite radio, and run these kinds of numbers.

DVW met me at the track and ran the best pass of the day! up

https://youtu.be/hne3cwPF2AI

Attached picture IMG_20221029_201003.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20221029_200958.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20221029_200955.jpg
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 12:44 AM

Damn. up
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 12:50 AM

Nice pass and beautiful car!
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 02:06 AM

Wow! drool

You have the 'R's mounted on 18x10 Bravados? That's the wheel I have my (soon to be removed) Nitto NT05Rs on currently.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 03:21 AM

Have you had any COT issues with yours? Were you hot lapping it at all?
Posted By: INTMD8

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by bobby66

Damn. up

Agreed. That 60ft is kick ass especially.

While I owned it, never brought my Hellcat charger to the track as I read about so many driveshaft failures.

Is the Redeye upgraded in that regard?
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by dizuster

I bolted on my 6 year old 305/35 R18 Et Street Rs on it and drove up to the track.

Amazing that you can just cruise to the track, casually stop for breakfast, listening to satellite radio, and run these kinds of numbers.

Beautiful car, nice run. up
I have the same tire and it's great on a prepped track. I drive there also. 1 track is an hour and a half away and I been getting paranoid about road debris so far from home.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 12:10 PM

So cool…… what a great car time we’re living in. Too bad it’s coming to a screeching halt. Well into the 10s…..

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by furious70

Honestly without any kind of data logger it's hard to tell. I drove the car 40min there so it was good and warm, but at times had 90min of cool down between runs. It definately got some hot latps (and one point I was playing NASCAR with it since the lanes were empty!) Didn't change MPH much all day (stayed within a couple).

I would have liked to seen a bit more RPM, but I was told this is pretty normal for a 2.62 rear gear car.

Originally Posted by INTMD8

While I owned it, never brought my Hellcat charger to the track as I read about so many driveshaft failures.

Is the Redeye upgraded in that regard?

The early hellcats were plauged with driveshaft issues, but even the later stuff got a series of upgrades. The Redeye has a lot of additional stuff in the drivelines that the hellcat's don't. It shares the driveline components with the Demon. (41spline axles, etc..) [/quote]

Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Wow! drool

You have the 'R's mounted on 18x10 Bravados? That's the wheel I have my (soon to be removed) Nitto NT05Rs on currently.

Yup, these were actually on my scat pack challenger. Not quite setup for the widebody because the offset is wrong, but they didn't look too bad, and they obviously hook well!

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
So cool…… what a great car time we’re living in. Too bad it’s coming to a screeching halt. Well into the 10s…..

Well the only thing that is coming to an end is the 10s... they'll be in the 9's soon!!!!

Just might not make the noise and smell's we've all learned to love.
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 01:44 PM

Whoa baby! What a beautiful Charger!
Those are impressive numbers, and to be able to put the A/C on, crank Sirius radio for the trip home - that’s a dream come true!
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 03:10 PM

The modern stuff really is incredible from a performance standpoint. Beautiful car!!
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/30/22 03:26 PM

Very nice street car , congrats
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/31/22 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by J_BODY

Well the only thing that is coming to an end is the 10s... they'll be in the 9's soon!!!!

Just might not make the noise and smell's we've all learned to love.

Bright side…. No more noise curfews
Posted By: furious70

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/31/22 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by furious70

Honestly without any kind of data logger it's hard to tell. I drove the car 40min there so it was good and warm, but at times had 90min of cool down between runs. It definately got some hot latps (and one point I was playing NASCAR with it since the lanes were empty!) Didn't change MPH much all day (stayed within a couple).

I would have liked to seen a bit more RPM, but I was told this is pretty normal for a 2.62 rear gear car.

Another guy on hellcat.org posted a lot about his. His would dump all the boost and fall on it's face hard when hitting COT after driving to the track, sometimes just testing on the road. Sounds like yours isn't doing it.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/31/22 12:44 PM

Beautiful car and congrats. The color looks like Viper blue. What is the name of that color?
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/31/22 05:06 PM

Indigo Blue
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 10/31/22 07:20 PM

I have always been impressed by the hellcat stuff. The one I am most impressed with is a non widebody Redeye challenger. A track friend of mine showed up with one and it runs consistent 10.50s on slicks bone stock. He was a long long time die hard chevy guy, one of the last people I expected to be sitting in the lanes in a Mopar lol. He had a problem with a bearing in the blower and he took it to the dealer on slicks with rubber all over it, they never mentioned it lol.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 11/01/22 12:33 PM

Again nice runner! I figured it'd run solid 10's that day. If I knew breakfast was involved, I may have went!
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 11/01/22 02:27 PM

I like the color better than my current Viper Blue.
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: Got to run my 2022 Redeye Charger today - 11/04/22 05:17 AM

Diznuster :P

Nice 60s, was expecting more steam from a redeye, 126 trap is standard hellcat territory...

Dis at Lapeer?
© 2024 Moparts Forums