Moparts

Storage of removed door in trailer

Posted By: MOPARCRAZY

Storage of removed door in trailer - 10/15/22 01:05 AM

Looking for ideas for best wall mount storage of driver door removed while in trailer. I see some bracket kits but seem expensive for what they are. Any other hanger ideas? I would appreciate any pics.
Thanks
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Storage of removed door in trailer - 10/15/22 01:11 AM

Man I wish I had pictures of the setup I had in my trailer for my Daytona door. The pins slid down in some collars and the door locked on a weld on door striker. A Moparts member has my Daytona but I’m not sure he uses that system. Hopefully he sees this.

Re: Storage of removed door in trailer - 10/15/22 01:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. I am sure someone here has a good set up tp share.
Posted By: topside

Re: Storage of removed door in trailer - 10/15/22 02:51 PM

Temporary (like at the track) or while traveling ?
The fold-down bike or tool brackets I've bought from Home Depot would work for that at the track; trailer-mounting would require some cleverness.

Re: Storage of removed door in trailer - 10/15/22 03:39 PM

Mounting in the trailer while traveling is my goal. Some type of hanging brackets maybe?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Storage of removed door in trailer - 10/15/22 04:00 PM

I have always used the RJ kit on both gutted steel and glass doors. Never and issue with it but make sure you go into a stud for the latch..

https://quartermax.com/door-hanger-kit/
Posted By: moparx

Re: Storage of removed door in trailer - 10/16/22 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
I have always used the RJ kit on both gutted steel and glass doors. Never and issue with it but make sure you go into a stud for the latch..

https://quartermax.com/door-hanger-kit/

one could always use some 1/4"x2" or 3" [or whatever width needed to weld on a spare set of hinge plates and latch mechanism] strap steel to span between studs if the door is shorter than the stud spacing would allow all parts of the door mounting mechanism to attach to.
beer

Re: Storage of removed door in trailer - 10/17/22 02:07 PM

Thanks for both ides. I did see the kit but I may look if I have extra hinges laying around, should be able to build something for less.
Thanks Moparts
© 2024 Moparts Forums