Moparts

older tracks history

Posted By: theraif

older tracks history - 09/27/22 03:03 PM

some times you forget a track you race at has some awesome history
Posted By: twinscrew698

Re: older tracks history - 09/27/22 03:41 PM

Cool Video from back then as i never knew Clark Auto Parts ran and raced a hot rod back then.
Thnks for sharing.
Posted By: mkdart

Re: older tracks history - 09/27/22 06:19 PM

That was really cool,I haven't been to Thompson in a few years.
I'm told it has new owner and they are putting a lot of money in
the place.

Mike
Posted By: dvw

Re: older tracks history - 09/27/22 06:26 PM

Great video
Doug
Posted By: theraif

Re: older tracks history - 09/28/22 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by mkdart
That was really cool,I haven't been to Thompson in a few years.
I'm told it has new owner and they are putting a lot of money in
the place.

Mike

yah they switched spectator and pit now the return road is straight
Posted By: Neil

Re: older tracks history - 09/28/22 06:15 PM

They recently put ours on the national registry of historic places. Might be a way to help ensure the track stays put when all the idiots who have homes built around it decide they want it gone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firebird_Raceway
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: older tracks history - 09/28/22 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
They recently put ours on the national registry of historic places. Might be a way to help ensure the track stays put when all the idiots who have homes built around it decide they want it gone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firebird_Raceway

It's been years since I visited my brother in Eagle. He sent me some pics recently and I was in shock... "When did all those bleepin' houses get built around you???" I remember thinking he had a lot of privacy where he was, but he's just as packed in now as I am in the suburbs.

Re: older tracks history - 09/28/22 08:19 PM

Re OP's video, look at all that "gold dust" (rosin) on the track for traction! drive
Posted By: Neil

Re: older tracks history - 09/28/22 10:35 PM

Those that put their homes near the Firebird track are putting themselves in a risky fire zone. It's basically nothing but dry grass and sagebrush west of the track for miles. It's caught on fire before and the wind out there makes it go like crazy. Also no fire departments near enough either.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: older tracks history - 09/29/22 01:57 AM

I havent been to Firebird since 2010, used to go there several times a year, home track was Rocky Mountain in Salt Lake City. Firebird was the best racers track Ive ever attended, the New family did a great job making sure they were taking great care of the racers. Sure do miss going there but I've lived about 2000 miles from there since I moved back east
Posted By: greendart408

Re: older tracks history - 09/29/22 02:46 AM

I call Firebird my home track, I have a track 45mins from me. I instead drive 8.5hrs to firebird. They roll the red carpet out for you and are the absolute best bunch of people and racers imop. Epic place

Re: older tracks history - 09/29/22 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
Those that put their homes near the Firebird track are putting themselves in a risky fire zone. It's basically nothing but dry grass and sagebrush west of the track for miles.

I've probably mentioned it before when Firebird has come up, but I've gone stomping through the hills right behind the track w/ my brother while out running his dog. wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums