Moparts

Best Mini Starter?

Posted By: Dyno1

Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 05:58 PM

I have a new 440 Source Mini starter that does not like to start my hemi superstock engine. Who makes the best mini-starter for this? Thanks, Dyno
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/15/09 06:02 PM

Posted By: OA5599

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 06:02 PM

I tried the autozone route and bought one for a new truck. That didn't work out well. I've heard good things about the ones from Mancini.

Posted By: HealthServices

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 06:09 PM

Robb MC Starter

Parts are available for them too on the website.

And he supports Moparts by using ad space on this forum.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post5111743

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post5112198

Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 06:18 PM

I can personally attest to the fact that the Mancini one is awesome and cheap. I took out a Big End starter and replaced it and thought the Mancini was gonna twist the engine out of the hood. For $100 bones I was astonished!
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 06:38 PM

I can honestly say, the RobbMC starter is hands down, the best mini-starter I have ever owned. You bolt it up, and can actually spin the assembly, and adjustwhere you want to have the terminals. It was the only starter I couold find without having to beat-uo the headers on my 71 Plymouth 4 speed, with an 11 inch flywheel and TTI headers. I promise you reat customer support and a superbly engineered starter.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 06:43 PM

I have had very good luck with powermaster starter. The mopar mini starter hit the oil galley on my KB block.
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 06:58 PM

I have been using salvage starters and have not gotten a bad one or had one go bad at 25-35 bucks a shot.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 09:14 PM

What compression is that hemi.I have 12.5 in the 440 and my mini spins it like a /6.My kid has the Source mini in his hipo 413 and it does the same.Unless you are 14 or 15 to one something is wrong.Rocky
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 09:17 PM

Robb MC Starter

Parts are available for them too on the website.

And he supports Moparts by using ad space on this forum.

I bought one last year. It has an adjustable nose, is small, and starts my 572 16-1 motor. It's a nice piece. Don't go low budget on a starter. It'll let ya down.
Posted By: go green

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 09:44 PM

Powermaster

I have had it so hot that you could light a cigarette off of it .

Still works great.
Posted By: cudadan

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 09:50 PM

Quote:

been using factory starters for years no problems

, i use one from a 90 dodge ram, its a mini and it works perfect in my cuda
Posted By: DRDart

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 09:54 PM

Quote:

I have had very good luck with powermaster starter. The mopar mini starter hit the oil galley on my KB block.

Had a csr & the shaft broke put the powermaster back in no problems & its
been a while
Posted By: plycuda

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/15/09 10:14 PM

stock v6 starter on my last 4 motors from 14.5 to 16 to 1 never had a problem
Posted By: Dyno1

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/16/09 02:04 AM

I ordered a XS Powermaster. I'll let everyone know how it works. the 440 source worked twice, then gave up? thanks everyone for the response. Dyno
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/16/09 02:17 AM

The only starter i will ever usea gain is the MEZIERE TS104 starter, cranks like no order starter i have ever used, and im at 14.8 compression.
powermaster didnt sit right in my megablock. i couldnt get it to line up and i turned it in all different directions with adjustable positions.
Posted By: 64Post

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/16/09 02:25 AM

Another vote for RobbMC. Customer service exceeds expectations should you ever need it.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/16/09 02:56 AM

Quote:

The p/master is a nice unit,I have a mopar mini.There are 2 mopar mini starters,if you try to use the small block starter on a big block,it hits and needs to be clearanced!!
Posted By: rebel

Re: Best Mini Starter? - 04/16/09 04:34 AM

i bought a Source starter as a spare but fitted it this season to try it out. never missed a beat all season long. you might have some kind of issue if your source starter isn't cutting it. i'm 512 cubes @ 12.5:1 & very happy with mine.
© 2024 Moparts Forums